The lobbying of extremely liberal left industries.

KountC

huh... well I stand corrected

yeah only pomp and ceremony I want is for my funeral, sad I won't get to see it

LOL... Mine has cost hundreds of thousands, though!

The actual wedding was only about 8k.

Most of that was the photographer.

I think the average in the US is apx 25k-30k

Okay... I got curious and looked it up!

Average wedding cost: published numbers on the price of a wedding are totally inaccurate.

Okay. If you're in Alaska, it's about 8k and in New York City about 55k, and everywhere else is in between.

It's all the side effect of that wedding which added up ;)

Q

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Take sex with a stranger versus sex with one's spouse.

Given your paradigm, being raped by your spouse is healthy.

Yikes. Right? No bueno.

But regardless of how well it meets both people's physical, spiritual, and emotional needs... Sex with someone who was once a stranger is not.

I'm really not sure how on earth you derived that. That, imho, is a willful distortion of what I said. I was really considering what you were saying until I hit that line.

Good Morning Lakumin. I hope you are doing well!:)

See I don't believe that at all, no one in my family drinks or gambles or the like and yet I won't get to go to collage or anything.

I never drink or alter my conciousness in any way, and yet I am on the bottom rung, and that won't change.

It's nice to assume that alcohol and gambling destroys all households (however it is present in many I've seen, other family for example, and they are very successful people, and I abstain and have nothing).

But its flawed and rather silly to just make a broad assumption about that.

Sometimes people don't have the means to get ahead, there is always going to be poor people, people who can't rise higher, because-well education costs and where do you get the money for that?

As such depression and sadness kicks in and some people can't deal with it.

I can deal with my sadness and general bleakness of life, but I'd be lying if I said I never considered going to a bar for free peanuts and awful ambience.

You have nothing to loose when you have nothing at all.

No one wants to actually make anything better for the lower classes, just spout nonsense and take away the few things that they have because the better feel its wrong, because they could never understand why anyone would take to those things.

There are two sides to every coin, perhaps rather then blaming alcohol itself, you should find out the why. No one drinks because a stupid commercial tells them to, they drink because they want to forget their bland, joyless life.

The poorest American lives a life of luxury compared to the poorest people who live in most of the African nations.

I live in Detroit and there is lots of poverty. However, almost every person who lives beneath the poverty line has a large 50 inch LCD TV, cell phones, gaming consoles, computers and internet access. I say almost everyone because I haven't visited all households but I would venture to quess that every poor family in Detroit has these amazing and wonderful blessings. It is hard for me, personally, to accept that these individuals truly are poor relative to people who live in 3rd world countries and who experience real poverty like: No running water. Sleeping on dirt floors. No internet. No TVs. No cell phones. No showers or baths. They are literally starving with very little opportunity for food and the basic necessities of life.

American poor people live a life of luxury relative to the actual poor people who live in 3rd world countries. What is even worse is that many (not all) of the American poor remain under employed or remain in poor paying jobs because they are able to get these perks from government and other charitable organizations. They are essentially playing the system. It isn't done in ignorance. They know exactly how much they must make in order to still receive welfare, foodstamps, money, and other entitlements from the government.

-Finrock

Good Morning Lakumin. I hope you are doing well!:)

The poorest American lives a life of luxury compared to the poorest people who live in most of the African nations.

I live in Detroit and there is lots of poverty. However, almost every person who lives beneath the poverty line has a large 50 inch LCD TV, cell phones, gaming consoles, computers and internet access. I say almost everyone because I haven't visited all households but I would venture to quess that every poor family in Detroit has these amazing and wonderful blessings. It is hard for me, personally, to accept that these individuals truly are poor relative to people who live in 3rd world countries and who experience real poverty like: No running water. Sleeping on dirt floors. No internet. No TVs. No cell phones. No showers or baths. They are literally starving with very little opportunity for food and the basic necessities of life.

American poor people live a life of luxury relative to the actual poor people who live in 3rd world countries. What is even worse is that many (not all) of the American poor remain under employed or remain in poor paying jobs because they are able to get these perks from government and other charitable organizations. They are essentially playing the system. It isn't done in ignorance. They know exactly how much they must make in order to still receive welfare, foodstamps, money, and other entitlements from the government.

-Finrock

I had a coworker who had two sons on missions at once. One was in Africa, the other in backwoods southern U,S. US took a picture of some shack he observed as the norm in one area, amazed at the poverty. Africa wrote back and said that shack would practically be a mansion in his area.

LOL... Mine has cost hundreds of thousands, though!

The actual wedding was only about 8k.

Most of that was the photographer.

I think the average in the US is apx 25k-30k

Okay... I got curious and looked it up!

Average wedding cost: published numbers on the price of a wedding are totally inaccurate.

Okay. If you're in Alaska, it's about 8k and in New York City about 55k, and everywhere else is in between.

It's all the side effect of that wedding which added up ;)

Q

I'd get my friend to do it, or just borrow her camera, all my friends have really high quality cameras

Its not hard to take a picture :lol:

I'd get my friend to do it, or just borrow her camera, all my friends have really high quality cameras

Its not hard to take a picture :lol:

My sister hired a professional photographer but only for very specific shots during the preperation and the wedding. The rest of the pictures came from disposable cameras that were put on every table in the reception area that the guests can use to take whatever pictures they want. There were a lot of hilarious pictures and a lot of really great ones.

My sister's friend did the same thing but instead of disposable cameras, some guy took a picture of every guest with the bride and groom as they entered the reception area with a digital camera and then immediately printed. Two copies were handed out to the guests in their tables and the centerpiece of each table was a bunch of scrapbook material. So, if they wanted, they could create their scrapbook "page" with the photo. Then at the end of the event, all the scrapbook pages and photos were put together in the wedding binder. I thought it was a great idea and a lot cheaper and more fun than professional photographs.

I'm really not sure how on earth you derived that. That, imho, is a willful distortion of what I said. I was really considering what you were saying until I hit that line.

I derived it by placing a "healthy" line arbitrarily.

Which was the point.

If you give reasonable sounding examples with flawed logic, the logic doesn't look flawed.

Take these 2.

1 of these is a reasonable sounding example, and the other isn't.

It's the one that ISNT reasonable that shows the flaw in the logic.

(In this case, reverse logic does not work).

People who exercise are healthy.

If you don't exercise, you won't be healthy.

(Reasonable, but totally flawed)

Sick people take pills.

If I don't take pills. I won't get sick!

(The totally unreasonable argument that shows the flaw).

The total cognitive dissonance you felt when you read that rape in marriage is healthy, is the flaw in the logic. Adding marriage is NOT what makes sex healthy.

You'd given some totally reasonable examples of why putting an ideological line (which I happen to agree with the ideology, btw, I follow the Law of Chastity) changes the physicality. It doesn't. I won't become addicted outside of marriage, but not become addicted because I'm married. Our bodies don't work that way.

Q

My sister hired a professional photographer but only for very specific shots during the preperation and the wedding. The rest of the pictures came from disposable cameras that were put on every table in the reception area that the guests can use to take whatever pictures they want. There were a lot of hilarious pictures and a lot of really great ones.

My sister's friend did the same thing but instead of disposable cameras, some guy took a picture of every guest with the bride and groom as they entered the reception area with a digital camera and then immediately printed. Two copies were handed out to the guests in their tables and the centerpiece of each table was a bunch of scrapbook material. So, if they wanted, they could create their scrapbook "page" with the photo. Then at the end of the event, all the scrapbook pages and photos were put together in the wedding binder. I thought it was a great idea and a lot cheaper and more fun than professional photographs.

That's a good idea for my funeral. let me write that down :lol:

I'm gonna have to have a prefuneral to make sure everyone gets everything right when the big day comes-only get one shot at this lol

I derived it by placing a "healthy" line arbitrarily.

Which was the point.

If you give reasonable sounding examples with flawed logic, the logic doesn't look flawed.

Take these 2.

1 of these is a reasonable sounding example, and the other isn't.

It's the one that ISNT reasonable that shows the flaw in the logic.

(In this case, reverse logic does not work).

People who exercise are healthy.

If you don't exercise, you won't be healthy.

(Reasonable, but totally flawed)

Sick people take pills.

If I don't take pills. I won't get sick!

(The totally unreasonable argument that shows the flaw).

The total cognitive dissonance you felt when you read that rape in marriage is healthy, is the flaw in the logic. Adding marriage is NOT what makes sex healthy.

You'd given some totally reasonable examples of why putting an ideological line (which I happen to agree with the ideology, btw, I follow the Law of Chastity) changes the physicality. It doesn't. I won't become addicted outside of marriage, but not become addicted because I'm married. Our bodies don't work that way.

Q

Cool, but I did no such comparison. I wasn't hinging anything on becoming addicted. It turns out you don't have to become addicted to something for it to have a negative impact. I hinged nothing on one becoming an addict. That wasn't the point. The point was behavioral reward and where it's coming from. The hinging was that the intercourse was a part of a healthy relationship, which took effort and discipline to maintain. You are still distorting my position.

Edited by jerome1232