Orders are valid or not after excommunication?

AngeloLangel

Hello to all

I pose an interesting question.

When a man is excommunicated from the church, priesthood activity is suspended, but completely loses the priesthood or may not practice ?

This is not a simple question because the priesthood was restored before the church , and has existed in the history of the periods during which the church did not exist.

The priesthood was then passed from father to son .

In addition, the temple sealing is an ETERNAL covenant, when a person is excommunicated is that the seal is no longer valid ?

Just to clarify : I'm not excommunicated :)

But I think that this is a subject that is not so easy and simple. At first glance one might think that everything is canceled and destroyed in case of excommunication , but ... I have my doubts , and that because of the nature of the priesthood and alliances that are eternal.

In addition, the church can (in theory) remove membership to excommniée person , but it can invalidate the orders made ​​before ?

Good reflection at all

Laurent

Not exactly a true statement.

The power or the keys and authority of the priesthood disappeared from the earth until they were restored to Joseph Smith and others.

Handbook says:

Ordination after Readmission

Brethren Who Previously Held the Priesthood and Were Endowed. After baptism and confirmation, these brethren are not ordained to any priesthood office and may not perform ordinances until their priesthood and temple blessings are restored (see 6.15).

Re·store [ri-stawr, -stohr] Show IPA

verb (used with object), re·stored, re·stor·ing.

to bring back into existence, use, or the like; reestablish: to restore order.

to bring back to a former, original, or normal condition, as a building, statue, or painting.

to bring back to a state of health, soundness, or vigor.

to put back to a former place, or to a former position, rank, etc.: to restore the king to his throne.

Hello to all

I pose an interesting question.

When a man is excommunicated from the church, priesthood activity is suspended, but completely loses the priesthood or may not practice ?

This is not a simple question because the priesthood was restored before the church , and has existed in the history of the periods during which the church did not exist.

The priesthood was then passed from father to son .

In addition, the temple sealing is an ETERNAL covenant, when a person is excommunicated is that the seal is no longer valid ?

Just to clarify : I'm not excommunicated :)

But I think that this is a subject that is not so easy and simple. At first glance one might think that everything is canceled and destroyed in case of excommunication , but ... I have my doubts , and that because of the nature of the priesthood and alliances that are eternal.

In addition, the church can (in theory) remove membership to excommniée person , but it can invalidate the orders made ​​before ?

Good reflection at all

Laurent

IMHO, by the time you get to the disciplinary counsel, your priesthood is already gone. The excommunication just makes it a matter of church record and spells out some additional steps that will have to happen before you get it back.

When one is excommunicated, all rights, privileges, authority, and blessings associated with church membership have an end. It is true that many of these things are eternal in their very nature, however their association with any one specific individual is not necessarily eternal. All of them come to a person due to the mind and will of God, based upon one's obedience to the principles and doctrines of the Gospel of Jesus Christ. They can just as easily be withdrawn, stopped, and ended. By the very mind and will of the same God who gave them, due to disobedience and/or rebellion regarding the Gospel of Jesus Christ.

IMHO, by the time you get to the disciplinary counsel, your priesthood is already gone. The excommunication just makes it a matter of church record and spells out some additional steps that will have to happen before you get it back.

To be fair, Joseph Smith himself was brought before a disciplinary council, and I don't think his priesthood was ever gone. Innocent until proven guilty...and all that.... :) But I see your point. As soon as anyone begins to exercise any sort of unrighteous dominion to any degree, amen to that man's priesthood. As good as gone.

The simple fact is that eternal covenants are contingent upon being sealed up by the Holy Spirit of Promise. The recieving of the priesthood is a covenant. If we don't keep our covenants concerning it, the promises of the priesthood is lost to us, both temporally and eternally.