How do people in Utah survive without pro-hockey?

There's this invention called TV... it's really great.  It saves you lots of money because it is much cheaper than ringside...

Yeah, I tried this with my husband and his football and he looked at me funny...

How do we survive? Very well, thank you. Hockey is basically soccer on ice. People run up and down the rink on skates and once in a great while someone scores a goal. I used to go to hockey games just to see if a fight would break out and make things exciting, but with the leagues cracking down on that it's just plain boring most of the time. Since I don't drink beer I just don't see the point of going to the games anymore.

How do we survive? Very well, thank you. Hockey is basically soccer on ice. People run up and down the rink on skates and once in a great while someone scores a goal. I used to go to hockey games just to see if a fight would break out and make things exciting, but with the leagues cracking down on that it's just plain boring most of the time. Since I don't drink beer I just don't see the point of going to the games anymore.

You Americans will never truly get Hockey, you may have most of the teams (because you give them a lot more money then Canadians do) but we have its soul.

Not sure which games you watch....I can assure you the team I follow in the NHL does get into fights .....I don't see it going away soon...part of the strategy

I have followed my St Louis Blues since they arrived in the area back in 1967....at one time they had 3 guys on the team who were brothers. Bob and Bill and Barclay Plager. They were tough guys too. Often times two of them would be on the ice and sure enough...they would get into a fight with two guys from the other team. When I watch slapshot and see the Hanson Brothers it makes me think of the Plagers.....LOL!!!!

My favourite team was always the Quebec Nordiques, and I still loathe the Colorado Avalance to this day.

But if Winnipeg can get its team back then Quebec has a good chance.

I know the rumour mill is swirling that Salt Lake is being heavily considered for a team (weither by expantion or relocation)

I highly suspect by 2020 they'll have one. (and not a joke team like the idea I came up with; The Utah Mormons, with uniforms ala missionary attire and every game opens with a prayer) lol

My favourite team was always the Quebec Nordiques, and I still loathe the Colorado Avalance to this day.

But if Winnipeg can get its team back then Quebec has a good chance.

I know the rumour mill is swirling that Salt Lake is being heavily considered for a team (weither by expantion or relocation)

I highly suspect by 2020 they'll have one. (and not a joke team like the idea I came up with; The Utah Mormons, with uniforms ala missionary attire and every game opens with a prayer) lol

Lol!!!