Harry Potter News

Went to the latest movie last night. I think it is the best of the 5, to be honest. "Harry" is a better actor in this one (up to now I don't think he has been too great as an actor), and it is darker and more intimate. The camera work was really good, and while it wasn't exactly true to the book, it is close.

I remember thinking, 'yes, that is much better acting, Harry' when he kept silent during one scene.

I saw it Monday (special screening for employees!).

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I went to the 12:01 AM showing yesterday. I think I was the only one who wasn't giggling at certain things only because I haven't read the books. People were laughing at stuff they recognized from the books, but there was nothing funny going on onscreen. I guess I'm just not that big of a HP nerd.

I'm really surprised JD. Especially with your daughter being such a fan of the books.

I am so excited about the book and the movie. When I get the books, I usually read it really fast (The night it comes out) and tell everyone the ending (many of my friends of course have learned to avoid me until they've read it first).

In that case, should I tell you how the new book ends??

About how Voldemort lays a trap which they walk right into. A huge battle ensues when voldemort gets a lucky shot and contacts fatally with .... [NO CARRIER]

Guest Yediyd
<div class='quotemain'>

I am so excited about the book and the movie. When I get the books, I usually read it really fast (The night it comes out) and tell everyone the ending (many of my friends of course have learned to avoid me until they've read it first).

In that case, should I tell you how the new book ends??

About how Voldemort lays a trap which they walk right into. A huge battle ensues when voldemort gets a lucky shot and contacts fatally with .... [NO CARRIER] You are wasting your time...everybody knows...Harry buys it in the end. :glare:

<div class='quotemain'> <div class='quotemain'>

Harry buys it in the end. :glare:

Posted Image:angrytease: Please translate...what is that angry little smiley screaming?

throwing a temper tantrum. Couldn't find one that laid on the floor kicking its feet and banging its head. I am hoping you didn't actually give up the ending of the latest book. I haven't had a chance to read it yet.

Guest Yediyd
<div class='quotemain'>

Posted Image:angrytease: Please translate...what is that angry little smiley screaming?

throwing a temper tantrum. Couldn't find one that laid on the floor kicking its feet and banging its head. I am hoping you didn't actually give up the ending of the latest book. I haven't had a chance to read it yet.

Neither have I, but I'll bet I'm right. :rolleyes:

You are a pill :sparklygrin: Let me know when you have finished reading it, and I will let you know when I am done, then we can compare notes.

I won't be able to get a copy of the book until the 21st! Posted Image

I can tell you this much. From what I understand J.K. Rowling has sworn never to kill off Harry, so I can safely say that it's not Harry. :)

Actually there are two characters killed in the last battle. If anyone really want's to know who just PM me.

When you think about it, since it's the last book, even if everyone was still alive up to the last period they'd all still cease to exist right? :D

OIC

I think that it is Neville and Ron that are killed off. Remember that Neville is the other possible "chosen one" of the prophecy, just that Voldemort decided it was Harry.

Ron dies protecting Hermione...Neville dies when Voldemort realizes his mistake (of only worrying about Harry), and then Harry kills him.

OR

Snape kills Voldemort, because he really is on the Order of the Phoenix's side, after Voldemort kills Ron and Harry.

OR

Snape dies when Voldemort finds out that he really was working for Dumbledore all along (which I think it the real truth here), and Ron (can't get Ron out of my head). Harry and Malfoy become best friends, and become world famous Aurors/Quidditch players, stamping out evil one match at a time! (okay that last one is a stretch!).

I won't know until sometime next week, because my daughter gets the book on Saturday and will read it twice before I can even touch it...

I think that it is Neville and Ron that are killed off. Remember that Neville is the other possible "chosen one" of the prophecy, just that Voldemort decided it was Harry.

Ron dies protecting Hermione...Neville dies when Voldemort realizes his mistake (of only worrying about Harry), and then Harry kills him.

OR

Snape kills Voldemort, because he really is on the Order of the Phoenix's side, after Voldemort kills Ron and Harry.

OR

Snape dies when Voldemort finds out that he really was working for Dumbledore all along (which I think it the real truth here), and Ron (can't get Ron out of my head). Harry and Malfoy become best friends, and become world famous Aurors/Quidditch players, stamping out evil one match at a time! (okay that last one is a stretch!).

I won't know until sometime next week, because my daughter gets the book on Saturday and will read it twice before I can even touch it...

We are going to need 2 copies lol - one for me and one for husband.

I am voting that Dumbledore really dies this time - can't be Ron as he and Hermoine have to get married lol will never forgive JK Rowlling if she doesn't send those two off happy into the sunset.

Charley

My dad said that Harry Potter was bad because it has witch craft in it. Mt friend took out a book and wanted me to return it for her, and I got into trouble for touching it.

Would it convince your dad that the books are all right if he knew Elder Uchtdorf read HP? Or that I met one of the seventy and his family at the premier night of HP5 movie? :P

I just finished read "6" again, and am more convinced than ever that Snape is not on Voldemort's side. I think he hates Harry, but that he hates Voldemort more, and knows only Harry can kill Voldemort...

I also think that Dumbledore is not dead, but going to do something ala Gandalf in LOTR, or that there are "good" Horcruxes where he hid part of his soul just in case...

Guest Yediyd
<div class='quotemain'>

My dad said that Harry Potter was bad because it has witch craft in it. Mt friend took out a book and wanted me to return it for her, and I got into trouble for touching it.

Would it convince your dad that the books are all right if he knew Elder Uchtdorf read HP? Or that I met one of the seventy and his family at the premier night of HP5 movie? :P I don't think that would matter to her dad because she's not a Mormon, and according to the rest of Christianity...

...we are all a bunch of "occultist",after all. :wacko:

Anyone...

Any news on the movie for The Half Blood Prince? Since the kids are getting older, I was wondering. My daughter, who is a died in the wool HP fan, thought she'd heard that they had done a kind of "Pirates of the Carribean" thing, in that they filmed 5 and 6 kind of simultaneously, especially since Book 6 has been out for a couple of years...

The only bad thing is: after 7 comes out, it is done. There will be no more HP. Kind of like LOTR, but Tolkien had so many other books that deepened the "history" of Middle Earth (the Silmarrilion, Stories of Tom Bombadil, etc), that won't be available with HP.

Oh well... :(

My daughter was #124 in line to get her book this morning, she read it all night and today, she was actually sobbing near the end when it appeared that a certain 'someone' may not survive the trials. She was SO MAD when I actually guessed the ending correctly, and what happened, especially since I have not read any of the books yet. :D:D:D I won't give it away just in case there are fans here who may not know how it ends.

My daughter was #124 in line to get her book this morning, she read it all night and today, she was actually sobbing near the end when it appeared that a certain 'someone' may not survive the trials. She was SO MAD when I actually guessed the ending correctly, and what happened, especially since I have not read any of the books yet. :D:D:D I won't give it away just in case there are fans here who may not know how it ends.

Yep I heard she couldn't even put the book down long enough to sit and enjoy lunch with grandparents today. :P