Moving to a new ward....

Guest MormonGator

I've only been a member for 2 months, so I don't know why I would have advice, but ...

Talk to people.  Introduce yourself.  Shake hands.

I visited two other wards, both in Utah.  I shook hands and talked to everybody.  But in one they approached me first.  In the second a large family spread word I was visiting and invited me over and all talked to me.

I suppose if you mention moving in, they will refer you to the appropriate people to get the records and all.

As to advice, don't fight over the seating.  That doesn't seem to turn out well.  (I just read about an incident 2 years ago in Park City)

dc

In my experience some roving pair of eyes spots the newbies.

Though when we in my grandma's basement she contacted the bishop herself. When we lived in a duplex the other family happened to belong to the 2nd counselor in the bishopric.

But we've also been total strangers and get found on the first day.

Guest MormonGator

I've only been a member for 2 months, so I don't know why I would have advice, but ...

Talk to people.  Introduce yourself.  Shake hands.

Thank you my friend. I'm not worried about meeting people or anything, I can rely on my own sparkling personality and charm.  :cool:

Guest MormonGator

Good Ol' MG will always shake hands with others, even when his hands are already shaking!

I'm still trying to get over my own humility.