I lava you

Vort

My baby got back yesterday, and I got to hug and kiss him for the first time in two years. Today, we took him to see "Inside Out", the best Pixar movie since "The Incredibles". I had all but forgotten about the very cute and sweet animation that preceded it, the ukulele song about a volcano that wanted another volcano to love. So just thought I'd share it -- the song, at least, since the animation obviously isn't available.

I love that song. I'm learning to play it on the Ukulele to play for my wife on our anniversary when I take her out. She doesn't know.

It's a really easy song to learn, too, with only 3 repeating chords in the d-d-u-u-d-u pattern. If you've played the Ukulele for 2 months or more, you should be able to play it with a little practice.

It's also the saddest volcano love song I've ever heard.

Guest LiterateParakeet

Congrats on having your missionary home, Vort!

We saw Inside Out as a family right before my son left on his mission. We all loved the song, so we learned the chorus and sang it too him in the airport. Yeah, we did make a bit of a spectacle of ourselves, LOL.

FunkyTown, I'm sure your wife will love it! What a great surprise.

I love that song. I'm learning to play it on the Ukulele to play for my wife on our anniversary when I take her out. She doesn't know.

It's a really easy song to learn, too, with only 3 repeating chords in the d-d-u-u-d-u pattern. If you've played the Ukulele for 2 months or more, you should be able to play it with a little practice.

It's also the saddest volcano love song I've ever heard.

The guy who composed the song after a memorable visit to Hawaii decided to play the ukulele part too.  He didn't know how to play the ukulele.  He went and learned how to do it in about... yeah, 2 months time.

:)

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...