The Persuader

Elphaba

James Piatt's newest in purse designs.

The Persuader

For the girl on the move the Pursuader features a handy cel phone compartment in the clip. Constructed by interlocking laser cut leather this handbag has no stitching. This is a combination of old-world craftsmanship and high technology. Create the look no one can refuse.

And it's only $289.

I am usually extremely tolerant and love edgy stuff. This makes me ill. :angry:

Elphaba

I would recommend it highly to those who are flying on commercial airlines.

Anyone who pays that kind of money for this kind of junk deserves to be detained by security! :blink:

Absolutely.

Even worse, it's conceivable someone could get shot because someone else mistook this thing for a weapon. It could even be an innocent bystander.

However, I have to admit my disgust is emotional. I picture oblivious, insipid party girls who don't even know where Iraq is wearing it around town thinking they're so cool, pretending to shoot each other, and falling all over each with hysterical laughter. In the meantime, there is a girl their age in Saudi Arabia who is probably going to be beheaded soon.

In my opinion, this thing mocks all the tragedy, bloodshed and death the twits who would buy these purses don't even comprehend. I despise this kind of ignorance.

Elphaba

I can send you some army stuff, if you need a matching outfit :)

I can see everybody's concerned about my righteous indignation! :animatedlol:

Frank, you know that thing that looks like what a beauty pageant contestant wears? It drapes down the front and back, only its full of bullets? I want that thing.

Oh, and the bandanna please. :P

Elphaba

<div class='quotemain'>I can send you some army stuff, if you need a matching outfit :)

I can see everybody's concerned about my righteous indignation! :animatedlol:

Frank, you know that thing that looks like what a beauty pageant contestant wears? It drapes down the front and back, only its full of bullets? I want that thing.

Oh, and the bandanna please. :P

Elphaba

You know I have slightly different take on this - personally I wouldn't wear it but maybe things like this should be made fun of would love to see it worn by a drag act or something. A few years ago we had a comedian from Ireland who had a show now I wasn't huge fan of his but he had a couple of girls on his show with camo bikini's and black paramilitary (IRA, UVF etc) style balaclava's, his father had been killed by a paramilitary organisation so no one could say he didn't understand the pain caused.

I think what he did was brave courageous and brilliant we should start laughing at terrorism etc making it look as ridiculous as it really is

Charley

I want to give these to my daughters before they go to middle school. They can tell their classmates of the male persuasion that the style was derived from their father's collection. :-)

You aren't serious are you PC? Because if you are then I say - That is Sick & Tacky!

<div class='quotemain'>

...we should start laughing at terrorism etc making it look as ridiculous as it really is

I think once we've achieved superiority over the terrorists, then we can start laughing at them.

We achieve that superiority over terriorism by not being frightened of it best way to reduce fear is to laugh - throughout wars etc a special brand of humour has always come about. As soon as we start sacrficing freedoms the other side has won comprehensively.

Charley

You know I have slightly different take on this - personally I wouldn't wear it but maybe things like this should be made fun of would love to see it worn by a drag act or something. A few years ago we had a comedian from Ireland who had a show now I wasn't huge fan of his but he had a couple of girls on his show with camo bikini's and black paramilitary (IRA, UVF etc) style balaclava's, his father had been killed by a paramilitary organisation so no one could say he didn't understand the pain caused.

I think what he did was brave courageous and brilliant we should start laughing at terrorism etc making it look as ridiculous as it really is.

Hi Charley,

I've thought about this a lot, and I've decided I agree with you. What your friend did is performance art, and that would, indeed, be brave and funny. What better way to snub our nose at the terrorists.

A drag queen holding a purse that looks like an AK47. lol....THAT is funny.

I just don't like the idea of people in the streets holding.

BTW, what is a bacaclava? (I'm so unsophisticated.)

Elphaba

<div class='quotemain'>

. . .

Elphaba

I looked it up, it's a knit cap, helmet style.

As for me, I was thinking "How does one wear baklava?" :P

Me too! :P I imagined honey dripping all over the body, and it wasn't a charming sight.

Elphaba

<div class='quotemain'>

<div class='quotemain'>

. . .

Elphaba

I looked it up, it's a knit cap, helmet style.

As for me, I was thinking "How does one wear baklava?" :P

Me too! :P I imagined honey dripping all over the body, and it wasn't a charming sight.

Elphaba

LOL umm do you know what an executioners hood looked like? the paramilitary balaclava looks like that. THey are lovely and warm and don't have to come in black

Patrick Kielty is the comedian sorry didn't make it clear I don't know him personally just think he is amazingly brave.

Charley

<div class='quotemain'>

I want to give these to my daughters before they go to middle school. They can tell their classmates of the male persuasion that the style was derived from their father's collection. :-)

You aren't serious are you PC? Because if you are then I say - That is Sick & Tacky!

This may be a sidetrack, but oh how the American spirit has been scarred these last 20 years. From the blowing up of the federal building in OK, to the half dozen or so school shootings, to 9-11--we truly have lost our sense of security.

Note how carefully I worded my attempt-at-humor post. First, I would NOT really give my girls purses that look like weapons. Second, they were to tell the boys that the "style" of the purse was "inspired," by dad's collection (btw, I have no guns). Of course this was a joke post--and the intent was related to my (and most any father's) desire to protect his daughters from the typical male adolescent vulture.

I don't blame Iggy. His reaction is telling of just how fragile the American psyche has become. :(

I don't blame Iggy. His reaction is telling of just how fragile the American psyche has become. :(

Ahem, PC, I used to post as MrsS, thus I am a Her not a Him.

My reaction would have been the same 20 or 30 years ago too.

There I changed my Avatar - does that help some??