Monthly subscription boxes

Backroads

Dollar Shave Club. It's awesome. Especially for someone with a light beard who shaves only two or three times a week; I get blades every other month, and they're still stacking up on me. And the blades are not just cheaper than at the store, they are much better quality. Yes, I'm all for the Dollar Shave Club.

My husband has a thick black viking beard, but still shaves part of his face. He shaves sans cream. . . I can't remember why. . . but I have wondered about Dollar Shave Club and their shave butter, too. 

My sister sends me a "Brave Box" every month, with really beautiful crafting/art journaling stuff. Here's this month's box: http://bravegirlsclub.com/archives/27555 . 

My husband switched from those kind of blades to a safety razor. I bought him for our first Christmas the safety razor and brush kit. He loves it and advocates for men to switch. That soap thing the kit had has lasted 5 years now. He's almost out and will need a refill.....hmmmm, I think a Christmas gift just came to mind!

Dollar Shave Club. It's awesome. Especially for someone with a light beard who shaves only two or three times a week; I get blades every other month, and they're still stacking up on me. And the blades are not just cheaper than at the store, they are much better quality. Yes, I'm all for the Dollar Shave Club.

My husband suggested a long time ago to just order a second handle for me since he was struggling to get through the blades. I the female love those razors!

My husband suggested a long time ago to just order a second handle for me since he was struggling to get through the blades. I the female love those razors!

As does Sister Vort. Second handle = purchased. And the blades still pile up...

Anyone else join those little membership things where they send you stuff every month? Do you like them or are they a waste of money?

We get Battle Box, Dollar Shave Club, and Ipsy... and really quite like them.

A friend of mine recommended the Dollar Shave Club. I have yet to look it up online but what all does it entail?

I'm a pretty big fan of the Horror genre, so I had signed up for the "Box of Dread." For twenty dollars, they'd send a box filled with horror collectibles. It was kind of neat, but most of the items were small trinkets and the collectibles I got were not things I would have chosen to buy had I known what I was getting. 

I cancelled after three months. 60 dollars in, I figured it's better to use that money on things I actually want. The novelty of being surprised only went so far.

• 2 years later...

I tried some of them, they are well good sometimes but sometimes just horrible. Like my mom order one of the dog's subscription boxes and seriously the products was just a waste of money, on the other hand, my big brother order one of fitness subscription boxes and they are just awesome and good to subscribe in future. So, its all upon you which would you choose for which reason.