Crystal Clear Pepsi is back!

Guest MormonGator

Guest MormonGator

I hated that stuff back in the 90's, but I do miss OK Soda. Anyone remember that?  

Does anyone else look back fondly on food/drinks/candy that have been canceled? 

Back in 2002 there was a gum that whitened teeth and made your mouth feel like you just brushed your teeth as well. Aquafresh made it. I miss that so much too! 

Eons ago, Hi-C (yes, Hi-C! Leave me alone!) made a drink called "Ecto Cooler".  It was the shade of green you'd expect from something named "Ecto" and I loved it.  It's good they don't make it anymore - I don't need more sugar.

When I lived in Moscow, I discovered (because the only other options were Pepsi and Russian "mineral water") Orange Fanta - it's fabulous - but only overseas.  The junk in America is too sweet and syrupy and has no orange juice in it.  I've been to 19 countries (including one in Africa) and with the exceptions of Canada (I assume, never looked) and the US, all of them had real Orange Fanta with orange juice in it.  (Once again, blessing in disguise - though there's a store across town that imports it from Austria and every now and then I go over there and pay obscene prices for some...)

PS: Don't drink Sprite made in France (ick!).

Guest Godless

I don't remember Crystal Pepsi, but I remember the liquid trainwreck that was Pepsi Blue.

I really miss Sobe (and the OG glass bottles with metal caps). I think it's still technically around, but it's pretty hard to find and the variety of flavors isn't there anymore.

Edited by Godless

Guest Godless
48 minutes ago, MormonGator said:

Remember red Mountain Dew ? Yikes! 

Yes, it's actually still pretty easy to find. Definitely not my favorite Dew product.

2 hours ago, MormonGator said:

I hated that stuff back in the 90's, but I do miss OK Soda. Anyone remember that?  

Does anyone else look back fondly on food/drinks/candy that have been canceled? 

Back in 2002 there was a gum that whitened teeth and made your mouth feel like you just brushed your teeth as well. Aquafresh made it. I miss that so much too! 

jalepeno lemonade.

2 hours ago, Godless said:

I don't remember Crystal Pepsi, but I remember the liquid trainwreck that was Pepsi Blue.

I really miss Sobe (and the OG glass bottles with metal caps). I think it's still technically around, but it's pretty hard to find and the variety of flavors isn't there anymore.

WHAT!?!?!?  When did Sobe get unpopular?  MAN!!  I took the time to find out just which ones did not have tea in them.  They were good.

I also miss Cactus Cooler.  Does anyone remember that?  It was sort of an orange-pineapple soda.  Good times...

I miss how the original 7UP used to taste, before they changed the formula.

Originally, it had a dry, crisp taste that was unique from other carbonated beverages.  Then, in the early-to-mid nineties they decided to make it a lemon lime flavor in order to compete with Sprite. 

At that point, I stopped drinking 7UP.

Guest MormonGator
7 minutes ago, unixknight said:

I don't remember Orbitz, but I do remember Tab.  Is that still a thing?  What about Sunkist orange soda?

I still drink Sunkist Orange soda. I'd be crushed if it got canceled! 

And oh yes! I remember Tab! That stuff was huge in the 80's. I remember my Mom drinking it. 

Guest MormonGator
4 minutes ago, Eowyn said:

I miss Tart n' Tiny candy. And Clearly Canadian in the glass bottles.

Did Pepsi Clear have a cola flavor? I don't think I ever tried it. 

It tasted very cola with a citrus edge, if I remember right. @unixknight does that sound right? 

Guest MormonGator
2 minutes ago, unixknight said:

Kind of.  My wife bought one of the new ones and it tasted to me like slightly watered down Pepsi... but if I recall correctly there was a citrus aftertaste from the old one.

I'm a bit too young to really remember New Coke, but I wonder what that tasted like too. 

5 minutes ago, Eowyn said:

Sounds like someone screwed up a big batch and they had to do a quick re-brand. LOL

That's certainly possible.  It wasn't long before people were clamoring for the old formula back, which was quickly re-introduced as Coca-Cola Classic.  Eventually when New Coke went away they dropped "classic" and it was back as it was.

Guest MormonGator
6 minutes ago, unixknight said:

That's certainly possible.  It wasn't long before people were clamoring for the old formula back, which was quickly re-introduced as Coca-Cola Classic.  Eventually when New Coke went away they dropped "classic" and it was back as it was.

It's been called the biggest marketing error in corporate history. Yikes!