Glen Beck Advertising Coffee

prisonchaplain

I'm listening to Glen Beck today, and he starts reading a script plugging Boca Java coffee. It is roasted fresh, and tastes fresh--like you've never had.

I'm thinking, "Wait a minute! This guy is LDS. How would he know how fresh Boca Java is?"

Then he says, "If you drink coffee...and I don't...you will love this stuff. My staff does...and they swear by it."

Hilarious! :wow:

Memo to Glen: It's okay to let coffee sponsor your show, but get someone else to read the script! :P

Struggling from 2nd-hand aroma, eh? One man's stench is most of the world's digestable perfume, I suppose. :-)

Coffee a carcinogen? I've never thought about it. Maybe I should sue. My brother's a lawyer. I'll call him and see if we can get class action status or something.

Could be fun and solve all my financial problems forever. The court system awards better than the lottery after all.

I think it smells great until you put it in hot water. I skateboard at the Folgers factory downtown and that place smells good, but only for a while. We literally have grounds land on us as they blow out of an exhaust vent over the ledge we skate. For some reason, it makes me hungry, not eager to drink coffee.

-a-train

I think it smells great until you put it in hot water. I skateboard at the Folgers factory downtown and that place smells good, but only for a while. We literally have grounds land on us as they blow out of an exhaust vent over the ledge we skate. For some reason, it makes me hungry, not eager to drink coffee.

-a-train

A-train you skateboard? For some reason I didn't picture you in the skateboarding era. :)

I do like the smell it reminds me of home, my parents were coffee drinkers. I used to be a sales rep for AOL and would go into stores and place those 'free' discs. One store had the model placed right next to the coffee section....

-a-train

This is why you put a mini-ramp in your back yard a-train! :sparklygrin:

I agree with PC...pimping coffee is probably not the best image for our radio friend to be putting out there.

Glenn says he is a drinker of the product. He says he likes the hot chocolate and his wife won't go to bed without having the herbal tea first. Just because he doesn't partake in all of a product line doesn't mean he can't vouch for the portion he does use. I've heard various talk-show hosts push it lately, it seems to be as popular as Purina One for advertising right now. I hate those repetitive ad blitzes, whenever I hear someone start talking about their dog out of the blue, I automatically push the next preset and see what's on the next station.

I can only judge by the script Beck actually read on-air. The plug was for fresh coffee--fresh like you've never had before. Furthermore, he actually says, "If you drink coffee you'll love it. I don't drink the stuff...by my staff swears by it."

Beck's not committing a mortal sin, here. He just sounds kinda silly. His listeners who are not aware of his religious practice, probably are thinking . . .

:blink::dontknow:

Frank,

I would have approved both. Who cares of Glen drinks my product, or if Limbaugh is the best spokesman for non-addictive prescription meds? His audience demographics are ideal for my product, and people believe him/them. He'll move my product, so I'll gim him my advertising bucks.

PC...

I understand that much..Limbaugh has an audience of what like 20mil daily that hang on every word he utters.

Jamie...

Dave Ramsey isn't a conservative political talk radio host. He does quasi Christian based financial advice for simpletons. Having listened to his show on occasion (since it was added to sirrus radio).