An Odd Situation

19 minutes ago, MormonGator said:

I get what you are saying @Anddenex and there is nothing wrong with what you said, but be careful. Suppose you address it and the dude says "Yeah my great uncle gave those to me when he died. I forget they were there. Just chuck them." Are you going to believe him or not? 

Like I said, I get what you are saying and don't really disagree-you just need to be careful. I know we've disagreed in the past, and I'm not trying to nitpick. Just something to be cautious of. 

I agree with what you are saying, and I don't see it as being nitpicking. In answer to the first question, yes, I would believe him and ask about his Uncle and give condolences. If they truly were his Uncles then also making a quick friendly gesture saying, "Hey, having those in your closet could be bad for the kids. We know how kids love to go through mom and dads closet. The sooner you get rid of them the better for you and the kids." And then let it go.

I have friends who have liquor in their cabinet for meals. A big difference though their liquor is in the open and they are usually the first to address it, rather than in a closet. Let's be honest with ourselves though, under the bed and in the closet is where we hide things of this nature. 

Guest MormonGator
7 minutes ago, Anddenex said:

]I have friends who have liquor in their cabinet for meals. A big difference though their liquor is in the open and they are usually the first to address it, rather than in a closet. Let's be honest with ourselves though, under the bed and in the closet is where we hide things of this nature. 

It being in the open is a good point which I generally agree with. That's why if your wife/husband doesn't let you see their cellphone it's probably not a good thing. Again though-they might be planning a surprise party or having a surprise visitor come visit you. So while secrecy and things being hidden is usually not a good sign, it's not always a bad sign. We all need to be careful not to jump to conclusions. 

3 hours ago, Anddenex said:

Let's be honest with ourselves though, under the bed and in the closet is where we hide things of this nature. 

I quit checking under my kids' beds and in their closets when I discovered their monster collections. And you thought @mirkwood's threads were scary......