Converts to LDS Church - Same Standing?

Aish HaTorah

2 hours ago, Sunday21 said:

Me also RS teacher! Me also find difficult!

Step 1, leave Tarzan in the jungle and re-learn proper English...? ;)

2 hours ago, An Investigator said:

Sounds great! I do the General Conference ones, I'm teaching this Sunday.   Talk is Elder Oaks one about being a member Missionary.. we also have an investigator so I have that on my mind too..are you teaching this lesson?  

It's a crap shoot whether anyone else will be teaching this same lesson on the same day (since it's up to the Bishop of each ward what they'll teach).  However, on the topic of member missionary work, there's a Deseret Book app called Bookshelf, and last I knew, the book Everyday Missionaries is free.  IMO, it's an excellent book on how to be a member missionary.

Guest MormonGator
11 minutes ago, Vort said:

Dude! 600 episodes starting on Thanksgiving on the FX 2 channel. My DVR is set!

And what is a good little LDS boy like you doing watching such a subversive show?!

Edited by MormonGator

10 minutes ago, MormonGator said:

And what is a good little LDS boy like you doing watching such a subversive show?!

In 1998 (I think), I took a whirlwind tour of Barcelona, Milan, Stuttgart, Ieper (Belgium), and Stockholm (to train people so the company could fire me <_< ).  On said tour, I discovered that The Simpsons are everywhere.  (I already knew that the Germans do a better job than anyone else at dubbing.)  I also learned that there's something very wrong with a Texas Ranger (aka Chuck Norris) speaking French (even if it is dubbed - it's just wrong).

Guest MormonGator
6 minutes ago, zil said:

In 1998 (I think), I took a whirlwind tour of Barcelona, Milan, Stuttgart, Ieper (Belgium), and Stockholm (to train people so the company could fire me <_< ).  On said tour, I discovered that The Simpsons are everywhere.  (I already knew that the Germans do a better job than anyone else at dubbing.)  I also learned that there's something very wrong with a Texas Ranger (aka Chuck Norris) speaking French (even if it is dubbed - it's just wrong).

My favorite Chuck Norris story-

He was at a bar with friend just shooting some pool and having a few beers. Two idiots walked up and challenged him to a fight. He said "Are you kidding me? I'm Chuck Norris!" They said "No, we're serious" and started harassing him. He said "Go away. I'm not dealing with you. You don't know what you are doing. " One shoved him and he had enough. He walked outside with them. When the police were called, he was leaning against the wall without a scratch while the two men were broken, bloody and beaten. The two men were arrested and Norris walked away. 

True or not? I don't know, but it's a good story. 

On 11/17/2016 at 3:12 PM, MormonGator said:

Some people look down their nose at converts (usually people with famous LDS relatives) because most converts do not spend much time in the church. They'll be baptized and burn out after a few months.

Often due specifically to that attitude.

Guest MormonGator
7 minutes ago, NightSG said:

Often due specifically to that attitude.

It's obviously not my attitude-I still go to church. It's just what I've seen. However like an immigrant to another country I can see things from a different perspective. 

Edited by MormonGator