Two Truths And A Lie

boyando

I got this idea from my other Sister, who is not Elpha. My other Sis, has a blog. And one of her post, was about a dinner party, were they played games, to break the ice. I thought that one of the games they played, could transfer over to this site, very well, with a few mods.

Here is what I am thinking. The game is called two truths and a lie. The idea is you tell two truths and a lie. pretty simple,? The point of the game is to make people guess, which is the lie. First person to post the correct "lie", will start the next round.

Because of time restraints, and the need to keep the game moving, I will give an example, but don't want to play because I don't know when I will have time to judge.

1. I once drove a car, 110 miles an hour, in front of a cop, on the freeway and was not pulled over.

2. I have been on the local news, five times, with out a convection.

3. When I was fifteen, I met, then Vice President, Gerald Ford, for a five minute, one on one meeting.

Which is the lie? #2. I have been on the local news, only four times.

First person to read this post, gets to start. And remember, if you have the time, after you judge, it will be fun to explain your stories.

Here is to getting to know each other better- I may not have the time too post, but I love to read - allmosthumble ;)

I've played this game many times.

Okay so here is mine.

#1. I once sat at the head table with Bob Hope for a fundraising dinner.

#2. I went to San Diego State University and studied History.

#3. I've had the opportunity to fly out to an aircraft carrier. I've done the arrested landing (tail hook) and the catapult launch off of the carrier.

Guess which one is incorrect.

Okay so here is mine.

#3. I've had the opportunity to fly out to an aircraft carrier. I've done the arrested landing (tail hook) and the catapult launch off of the carrier.

<div class='quotemain'>

Okay so here is mine.

Ding ding you win. I've studied history but not at San Diego State University. Though I am from that area.

#1?

(That was in reply to Frank's post!)

Yes, but frank didn't read the rules....it's my turn!

#1?

(That was in reply to Frank's post!)

<div class='quotemain'>

Which one is untrue.......

1. I flew in an F-15 fighter plane.

2. I was an afternoon Radio Disc Jockey in Southern California.

3. I gave Tom Cruise the actor a real bloody nose.

#3?

Nope...#3 is true

#1 I was watching hurricane Inikki roll by in Hawaii wishing that I was surfing instead of helping Maui Land and Pine ground crews cover freshly-planted, experimental pineapple fields.

#2 I was eating dog (steamed and served in gae-nip of course, not the traditional "tang" normally eatten) in the Sam Poong Department Store in Seoul South Korea the day it colapsed killing five hundred plus people.

#3 I was loading bullets in my M203 in a Heuy bolting towards the DMZ in 1988 during the olympic tennis medal rounds as part of a national alert when NK decided it would conduct unannounced field exercises.

an M203 doesn't hold "bullets", it can only hold one 40mm grenade at a time. Which btw isn't very safe, you should keep a 203 unloaded till your ready to use it.

Oh and mine was #1, Limbaugh has never visited Iraq (to my knowledge), but has been to Afghanistan twice, and I did have lunch with him while he was in Afghanistan.

#1 I was watching hurricane Inikki roll by in Hawaii wishing that I was surfing instead of helping Maui Land and Pine ground crews cover freshly-planted, experimental pineapple fields.

#2 I was eating dog (steamed and served in gae-nip of course, not the traditional "tang" normally eatten) in the Sam Poong Department Store in Seoul South Korea the day it colapsed killing five hundred plus people.

#3 I was loading bullets in my M203 in a Heuy bolting towards the DMZ in 1988 during the olympic tennis medal rounds as part of a national alert when NK decided it would conduct unannounced field exercises.

Hey I lived in Hawaii during Hurricane Inikki. Had to evacuate to what used to be NAS Barbers Point

I don't think my Humble brother even knows this one!

I came in second in the Santa Ana, CA teen beauty contest.

I received a scholarship to UC Irvine to study Journalism

I went on a date named Kerry from Dolly Parton’s band.

Elphaba

Oh and mine was #1, Limbaugh has never visited Iraq (to my knowledge), but has been to Afghanistan twice, and I did have lunch with him while he was in Afghanistan.

Why? :yuck:

Elphaba :P

I choose #1 for Ogre's post, and #3 for Elphie's post...

Suppose I need to think of 3 myself now...

I rode on a train in London, in the same carriage as Stephen Gately (from Boyzone)

I've met and spoken to, on many occasions, Tom Baker (Dr Who, '70s)

My boyfriend had an affair with one of the actors from Dr Who

I choose #1 for Ogre's post, and #3 for Elphie's post...

Suppose I need to think of 3 myself now...

I rode on a train in London, in the same carriage as Stephen Gately (from Boyzone)

I've met and spoken to, on many occasions, Tom Baker (Dr Who, '70s)

My boyfriend had an affair with one of the actors from Dr Who

I'm hoping the answer is #3. I sure wouldn't want that information passed around about my boyfriend were it true.

<div class='quotemain'>Oh and mine was #1, Limbaugh has never visited Iraq (to my knowledge), but has been to Afghanistan twice, and I did have lunch with him while he was in Afghanistan.

Why? :yuck:

Elphaba :P

Actually Limbaugh approached our table. There was 3 of us sitting at a table talking about the previous day's Steelers game, and he came to us to talk about that. I was the only one that recognized him, and invited him to join us. Limbaugh is a huge Steelers fan, from his days of working at a radio station in Pittsburgh. We mostly talked football, and a little bit about what we did in our paticular jobs where in the military. Their was no discussion of politics at all, and Limbaugh was very cordial and instrested in what we were doing.