What does "continuation of the seeds forever" mean?

D&C 132 says if we are exalted we can receive a fulness and a continuation of the seeds forever. Does that mean we get to beget children forever through all eternity because that would be the greatest blessing to me ever. So am I right to think that's what it means? If not, what does it mean?

Edited by Zarahemla

13 hours ago, Zarahemla said:

D&C 132 says if we are exalted we can receive a fulness and a continuation of the seeds forever. Does that mean we get to beget children forever through all eternity because that would be the greatest blessing to me ever. So am I right to think that's what it means? If not, what does it mean?

i don't see anything other than that. it would also include the progression of generations of your family as well.

13 hours ago, Zarahemla said:

Answer:

What is “the Continuation of the Lives” and the “Deaths”?

Elder Bruce R. McConkie taught: “Those who gain eternal life (exaltation) also gain eternal lives, meaning that in the resurrection they have eternal ‘increase,’ ‘a continuation of the seeds,’ a ‘continuation of the lives.’ Their spirit progeny will ‘continue as innumerable as the stars; or, if ye were to count the sand upon the seashore ye could not number them.’ (D. & C. 131:1–4; 132:19–25, 30, 55.)” (Mormon Doctrine, p. 238; see also Notes and Commentary on D&C 131:4.)

President Joseph Fielding Smith further explained that “the term ‘deaths’ mentioned here has reference to the cutting off of all those who reject this eternal covenant of marriage and therefore they are denied the power of exaltation and the continuation of posterity. To be denied posterity and the family organization, leads to the ‘deaths,’ or end of increase in the life to come.” (Church History and Modern Revelation, 2:360; see also McConkie, Mormon Doctrine, p. 283.)

(Doctrine and Covenants Student Manual - Section 132 Marriage: An Eternal Covenant)  (emphasis added)

The Prophet Joseph Smith said this meant that those who were married in the new and everlasting covenant and were true to their covenants, that after they passed through the resurrection they would be able to live together again as husband and wife and have what he calls here, a continuation of the seeds. Now what does that mean? . . . Increase of posterity. In other words, through obedience to His divine command, we here as human beings are given power to cooperate with God in the creation of a human soul here, and then beyond the grave to have eternal increase in a family relationship after this earth has concluded its work.

(Teachings of Presidents of the Church: Harold B. Lee - Ch. 2)  (emphasis added)

For Elder Parley P. Pratt of the Quorum of the Twelve, a knowledge of this doctrine deepened his love for his family: “It was Joseph Smith who taught me how to prize the endearing relationships of father and mother, husband and wife; of brother and sister, son and daughter. It was from him that I learned that the wife of my bosom might be secured to me for time and all eternity; and that the refined sympathies and affections which endeared us to each other emanated from the fountain of divine eternal love. It was from him that I learned that we might cultivate these affections, and grow and increase in the same to all eternity; while the result of our endless union would be an offspring as numerous as the stars of heaven, or the sands of the sea shore. … I had loved before, but I knew not why. But now I loved—with a pureness—an intensity of elevated, exalted feeling, which would lift my soul from the transitory things of this grovelling sphere and expand it as the ocean. … In short, I could now love with the spirit and with the understanding also.”

(Teachings of Presidents of the Church: Joseph Smith - Ch. 42)  (emphasis added)

I misread the title.  I thought it said "Constitution of Seeds Forever."

1. Congress shall pass no law respecting an establishment of a garden.
  2. A well maintained garden, being necessary to the support of continuation of seeds, the right to bear trowels and hoes shall not be infringed.
  3. No rabbits (or neighbors' dogs) shall be quartered within garden limits without consent of the owner.
  4. The right of the gardener to be secure in their garden against ants shall not be violated.
  5. Neither seeds nor gardens shall be deprived of the gardener without due process of law.
Edited by Guest

39 minutes ago, Carborendum said:

I misread the title.  I thought it said "Constitution of Seeds Forever."

1. Congress shall pass no law respecting an establishment of a garden.
  2. A well maintained garden, being necessary to the support of continuation of seeds, the right to bear trowels and hoes shall not be infringed.
  3. No rabbits (or neighbors' dogs) shall be quartered within garden limits without consent of the owner.
  4. The right of the gardener to be secure in their garden against ants shall not be violated.
  5. Neither seeds nor gardens shall be deprived of the gardener without due process of law.

LOL perfect response!