What to do when you have downtime at work

Fether

I work as a hotel front desk clerk and I have a TON of down time while I wait for guests to arrive or call for assistance. Currently this is what I do in all the down time.

1) Read Self Improvement Book (Currently Dave Ramsies Total Money Makeover)

2) Read Fiction Book (Currently Riyria Revelations)

3) Study Scripture

4) Write in journal

5) Spontaneously check Facebook, Instagram and MormonHub

6) My actual job

What else can I do to make the time beneficial???

If you are into reading, may I suggest Salman Rushdie?  Best fiction author the world has ever seen.  

Also, you should try some nonfiction too (outside of self improvement).  I read a lot of nonfiction, and you can learn a lot about the way the world works through nonfiction. 

Guest LiterateParakeet

OH my stars, what don't I do?  I work graveyard and I have a lot of down time.  Mostly I do school work.  Have you thought about an online class of some kind?  

I have also: knitted (I don't suppose you knit?) :) and done all kinds of art including (but not limited to) drawing, painting, sculpting, doodling . . .  

I read non-fiction and fiction.

Write in my journal.

Write letters and emails.

Read scriptures and conference talks.  

Watch Netflix.

My co-worker generally plays video games.   

You can also write notes of encouragement to people or 'you did a great job' cards.

If there is someone getting married, you can offer to help address envelopes (they will love you forever!).

Take up a hobby that would serve others (ie knit baby blankets for new moms, make bookmarks to give to people)

Ask your RS pres to give you a vt assignment of those who just want letters (besides the message, include calendar items, em prep tips, recipes, etc).

Edited by my two cents

20 hours ago, Fether said:

I work as a hotel front desk clerk and I have a TON of down time while I wait for guests to arrive or call for assistance. Currently this is what I do in all the down time.

1) Read Self Improvement Book (Currently Dave Ramsies Total Money Makeover)

2) Read Fiction Book (Currently Riyria Revelations)

3) Study Scripture

4) Write in journal

5) Spontaneously check Facebook, Instagram and MormonHub

6) My actual job

What else can I do to make the time beneficial???

Since you are getting married next Friday (I think I remember that correctly), might I suggest flirty texts to your spouse?  I text my spouse all day at work, and it can really help strengthen your marriage (and give your spouse something to smile about during her day).

Edited by DoctorLemon