Wife said she never loved me...ouch

52 minutes ago, Me too said:

Easy to love someone who loves you back.  It gets real old when the other spouse makes you feel like you are being taken for granted.

Even worse when you get one who actively twists any good thing you do; taking her to dinner or buying her a gift is wasting money, but also won't be good enough because you're too cheap to do something really special.  Eventually I learned to distract myself from the screaming fits by just monitoring for keywords to see whether I'd be called cheap or wasteful first.  (Usually got both in the same argument - for the same act - if it went on long enough.)

On 11/18/2017 at 8:57 PM, Latter-Day Marriage said:

You can't make somebody love you.  You can create the circumstances that encourage somebody to love you, but you can't make them do it.  Even in a case where a marriage is healthy a husband shouldn't take her love for granted and still court her, but I get what you mean, a wife so courted should reciprocate in some way, it needs to be a two way street.  Counsel with God on what to do.  Hearts can change, or at least God can reward you after this life for doing the right thing in face of such challenges.  The things we give up and do without here in order to follow Christ will be given to us tenfold afterwards.

Totally agree with everything you've said.  It's not in our culture but yes, men have feelings too and women should court their husbands too.  Sorry I'm venting now. 

2 hours ago, Me too said:

Totally agree with everything you've said.  It's not in our culture but yes, men have feelings too and women should court their husbands too.  Sorry I'm venting now. 

Nah man, vent away.

While you're venting, you do realize that real love is FREE, it does not demand reciprocation, keep track of wrongs, real love exists for the sake of love. It's not a two way street, it doesn't have to be.  In fact, the more your wife refuses to love you, love her even more. Have that compassion for her that she must be really sad and hurting to feel so disconnected from you. Yes, we men do have feelings, we're also taught at a young age to not be governed by them, but it's nice to take those feelings out for a drive now and then. 

20 hours ago, MormonGator said:

Hang in there bud. I know you can do this. The bishop wouldn't have called you if you can't. 

Make sure the Bishop knows what is going on with your marriage, if he still feels inspired to call you, have the faith to do your best.  This may be the way you gain access to blessings you need.