Returned Missionary from UofU killed

JohnsonJones

I was in shock regarding this news.  I didn't see any articles in the Mormon Hub articles forum in regards to this.  Was Chun Wei originally a Chinese citizen (it stated he was from Beijing originally?).  If so, this could be somewhat an international incident in regards to the LDS church, and in some ways could send a terrible message to some individuals in China?

I'm just wondering if this is far more reaching than simply just a returned missionary being killed, as it seems this particular Returned Missionary was extraordinary (not that all RM's aren't extraordinary, but ChunWei Guo (name?) seems to stand out more particularly because of his background, both nationally as well as religiously and otherwise).  Is there any more of this story or information regarding reactions from China, his family, and others?

• 10 months later...
5 hours ago, Vort said:

Why on earth would the prosecution ever even think to offer an escape from the death penalty?

I am not opposed to the death penalty, nor for it.  I can see argument for and against and right now, if someone is executed, I neither cheer, nor morn.  And if the guy rots in a cell till he dies, fine too.  I'd even give them the option to suicide.