What Is Your Theological World View?

Elphaba

I found this short quiz to take that tells you what your theological worldview is. I took it and my results are below. I have no idea who Bishop Spong is, but apparently I am influenced by him/her. It was a little difficult because the questions assumed belief. But it still had plenty of questions I could answer truthfully.

Anyway, it was an interesting 10 minutes out of my life. :D

Elphaba

What's your theological worldview?

What's your theological worldview? You scored as a Modern Liberal You are a Modern Liberal. Science and historical study have shown so much of the Bible to be unreliable and that conservative faith has made Jesus out to be a much bigger deal than he actually was. Discipleship involves continuing to preach and practice Jesus' measure of love and acceptance, and dogma is not important in today's world. You are influenced by thinkers like Bultmann and Bishop Spong.

Modern Liberal 79%

Classical Liberal 64%

Emergent/Postmodern 57%

Neo orthodox 36%

Roman Catholic 32%

Evangelical Holiness/Wesleyan 21%

Charismatic/Pentecostal 21%

Reformed Evangelical 14%

Fundamentalist 0%

You scored as a Evangelical Holiness/Wesleyan

You are an evangelical in the Wesleyan tradition. You believe that God's grace enables you to choose to believe in him, even though you yourself are totally depraved. The gift of the Holy Spirit gives you assurance of your salvation, and he also enables you to live the life of obedience to which God has called us. You are influenced heavly by John Wesley and the Methodists.

Evangelical Holiness/Wesleyan

75%

Emergent/Postmodern

61%

Classical Liberal

57%

Neo orthodox

57%

Reformed Evangelical

50%

Charismatic/Pentecostal

50%

Roman Catholic

46%

Modern Liberal

36%

Fundamentalist 36%

ou scored as a Classical Liberal

You are a classical liberal. You are sceptical about much of the historicity of the Bible, and the most important thing Jesus has done is to set us a good moral example that we are to follow. Doctrines like the trinity and the incarnation are speculative and not really important, and in the face of science and philosophy the surest way we can be certain about God is by our inner awareness of him. Discipleship is expressed by good moral behaviour, but inward religious feeling is most important.

86%

Classical Liberal

86%

Emergent/Postmodern

86%

Modern Liberal

68%

Roman Catholic

64%

Charismatic/Pentecostal

43%

Neo orthodox

39%

Reformed Evangelical

21%

Fundamentalist

14%

FYI: It makes sense that, lacking a specific LDS category, most will score high in the Wesley-Holiness-Methodist category. The Calvinist-Methodist debates over doctrine were quite heated during Joseph Smith's era, and he sided strongly with the Methodists.

And then, there is me. :D

You scored as a Emergent/Postmodern

You are Emergent/Postmodern in your theology. You feel alienated from older forms of church, you don't think they connect to modern culture very well. No one knows the whole truth about God, and we have much to learn from each other, and so learning takes place in dialogue. Evangelism should take place in relationships rather than through crusades and altar-calls. People are interested in spirituality and want to ask questions, so the church should help them to do this.

Emergent/Postmodern

68%

Classical Liberal

64%

64%

Neo orthodox

61%

Charismatic/Pentecostal

54%

Modern Liberal

43%

Roman Catholic

43%

Fundamentalist

36%

Reformed Evangelical

29%

You scored as a Emergent/Postmodern

You are Emergent/Postmodern in your theology. You feel alienated from older forms of church, you don't think they connect to modern culture very well. No one knows the whole truth about God, and we have much to learn from each other, and so learning takes place in dialogue. Evangelism should take place in relationships rather than through crusades and altar-calls. People are interested in spirituality and want to ask questions, so the church should help them to do this.

Modern Liberal

57%

Emergent/Postmodern

57%

Classical Liberal

54%

54%

Roman Catholic

39%

Neo orthodox

39%

Charismatic/Pentecostal

29%

Reformed Evangelical

14%

Fundamentalist

14%

You are an evangelical in the Wesleyan tradition. You believe that God's grace enables you to choose to believe in him, even though you yourself are totally depraved. The gift of the Holy Spirit gives you assurance of your salvation, and he also enables you to live the life of obedience to which God has called us. You are influenced heavly by John Wesley and the Methodists.

Evangelical Holiness/Wesleyan - 79%

Emergent/Postmodern - 71%

Classical Liberal - 64%

Neo orthodox - 50%

Roman Catholic - 46%

Charismatic/Pentecostal - 43%

Modern Liberal - 39%

Reformed Evangelical - 39%

Fundamentalist - 29%

Very interesting. I'm not sure what relevance this has to my life, but still very interesting.

Here are my results--very interesting!:

Emergent/Postmodern

71%

68%

Modern Liberal

61%

Classical Liberal

57%

Neo orthodox

46%

Charismatic/Pentecostal

43%

Roman Catholic

36%

Reformed Evangelical

25%

Fundamentalist

18%

The test is pretty detailed, but the tongues questions were so extreme, I scored more like Nazarene. For the record, most pentecostals see tongues as important, but not a condition of salvation, and not the be all and end all of Christian living. Also, the effort to pit worship against sound biblical teaching was troublesome, imho.

89%

Fundamentalist

75%

Charismatic/Pentecostal

75%

Reformed Evangelical

68%

Emergent/Postmodern

68%

Neo orthodox

61%