What if the unsealed portion of the gold plates became available and were proven to be accurately translated?

person0

New member here

Here is another comparrison

Jo.16.11  I have many things to say unto you but you cannot bear them now

3 Nephi v.8  .....brought again unto this people,from the Gentiles according to the word which Jesus hath spoken

v.9......then shall greater things be made manifest unto them...

Jesus did not specify exactly who he would tell "many things"to at a future date but it could be none other but the Gentiles since the Jew leadership rejected him.

Mormon stated "from the Gentiles"

Does the LDS state they 0nly will be the receivers of the greater things ?

What qualifications are set if any as to how to identify these greater things Mormon spoke of?

Who will qualify to identify the greater things and claim the greater things are authentic ?

On 3/17/2018 at 9:30 PM, zil said:

The "nutritional" info is plain as day on the back of bags of potato chips, ice cream, and Oreos - but we still buy them.  I fail to see why the Book of Mormon should be any different.

High in sodium and simple carbs, but severely lacking in fiber and protein?

New member here

Honest Inquiry from non lds and from no lds book of Mormon knowledge 

I thought I would have received a good response last night .

So Ill continue with a few more questions.

2Nephi27.11-shall be read from the housetops

2Nephi 27.10-history of the world

I have read one lds member stated the sealed portion was advance and would cause confusion and because of that the sealed portion is being currently withheld.

If the sealed portion is currently being withheld then can the portion be revealed to non lds so that the world may know?

What if others are prepared for it?

Or must the world be prepared for it too?Two clues I have are 

1-read from the house tops.Is this not our internet,Tv,radio,etc

2-history of the world-Is there any material currently being published that provides material on the complete history of our world or possibly our universe since the world is contained therein?

Hi @Earl, sorry I missed your questions earlier!

On 3/22/2018 at 8:13 AM, Earl said:

Jesus did not specify exactly who he would tell "many things"to at a future date but it could be none other but the Gentiles since the Jew leadership rejected him.

A couple of things to help clarify things:

In OT times, the people of the Lord were one specific bloodline, known as Jews.  It was forbidden to teach the Gospel to those not of this bloodline.  

Now, in NT times, we are indeed commanded to preach unto all people, regardless of bloodline.  When a person accepts Christ and baptized, they are adopted into the House of Israel.  Therefore, nowadays the terms "Jew" or "Gentile" have another definition: as to one who's accepted Christ and of His house, versus one who has not.  To preach unto the Gentiles is to preach unto those who need Christ, regardless of their bloodline.  We do indeed hope that all people will accept Him, acceptance which comes line-upon-line.  

On 3/22/2018 at 8:13 AM, Earl said:

What qualifications are set if any as to how to identify these greater things Mormon spoke of?

Who will qualify to identify the greater things and claim the greater things are authentic ?

I'm a little confused by these questions.  Would you mind telling me which specific verse you're referencing?

3 hours ago, Earl said:

I have read one lds member stated the sealed portion was advance and would cause confusion and because of that the sealed portion is being currently withheld.

They are withheld right now because they are especially sacred.  

3 hours ago, Earl said:

If the sealed portion is currently being withheld then can the portion be revealed to non lds so that the world may know?

What if others are prepared for it?

It's currently being withheld from everyone, LDS and non.  The sealed will be revealed with the Lord deems it time.  In the meantime, we urge all men (LDS and non) to study the scriptures He has revealed unto us.  

On ‎3‎/‎22‎/‎2018 at 8:13 AM, Earl said:

New member here

Here is another comparrison

Jo.16.11  I have many things to say unto you but you cannot bear them now

3 Nephi v.8  .....brought again unto this people,from the Gentiles according to the word which Jesus hath spoken

v.9......then shall greater things be made manifest unto them...

The term Gentile first appears in scripture as a designation of a class of people symbolically represented by the second son of Noah.  It is interesting that the children of men are divided into 3 groups or classes first in the pre-existence councils of G-d’s kingdom in heaven – then the 3 groups or classes of mankind on earth and finely the 3 groups or classes of mankind in the resurrection.

As far as “sealed” portions of the Book of Mormon – I have a different view.  I believe sealed relates to sacred things that are taught concerning the covenants G-d makes with man.  I am of the notion that these things deal with what we learn and are taught through symbolism in the temple concerning gospel or Plan of Salvation.  So, in essence I believe there are two kinds or levels of Gospel that we are taught.   The first is a preparatory gospel (gospel as pertaining to Law, Ordinances and Covenants).  This preparatory gospel prepares us for the Law, Ordinances and Covenants to be taught in the temple and is the revelations given to the world in scripture.  The temple gospel, is sealed and given only in sacred places like the temple and prepares us to stand before G-d to converse with him directly concerning the Law, Ordinances and Covenants of freedom and liberty to live in his presents. 

By definition – I do not believe that the world will ever have access to sacred teachings of the Book of Mormon or the temple.  If the text of such thing are obtained – without the spirit to give witness – I do not believe such things can be appreciated or understood.

The Traveler

IF (and when) the unsealed portion were made available today, it will only because certain people will have exercised faith in Jesus Christ even as the brother of Jared exercised faith in Him and became sanctified as the brother of Jared. Jesus Christ explicitly set the conditions upon which He will make such a revelation. 

Ether 4:

6 For the Lord said unto me: They shall not go forth unto the Gentiles until the day that they shall repent of their iniquity, and become clean before the Lord.

7 And in that day that they shall exercise faith in me, saith the Lord, even as the brother of Jared did, that they may become sanctified in me, then will I manifest unto them the things which the brother of Jared saw, even to the unfolding unto them all my revelations, saith Jesus Christ, the Son of God, the Father of the heavens and of the earth, and all things that in them are.

8 And he that will contend against the word of the Lord, let him be accursed; and he that shall deny these things, let him be accursed; for unto them will I show no greater things, saith Jesus Christ; for I am he who speaketh.

9 And at my command the heavens are opened and are shut; and at my word the earth shall shake; and at my command the inhabitants thereof shall pass away, even so as by fire.

10 And he that believeth not my words believeth not my disciples; and if it so be that I do not speak, judge ye; for ye shall know that it is I that speaketh, at the last day.

11 But he that believeth these things which I have spoken, him will I visit with the manifestations of my Spirit, and he shall know and bear record. For because of my Spirit he shall know that these things are true; for it persuadeth men to do good.

12 And whatsoever thing persuadeth men to do good is of me; for good cometh of none save it be of me. I am the same that leadeth men to all good; he that will not believe my words will not believe me—that I am; and he that will not believe me will not believe the Father who sent me. For behold, I am the Father, I am the light, and the life, and the truth of the world.

13 Come unto me, O ye Gentiles, and I will show unto you the greater things, the knowledge which is hid up because of unbelief.

14 Come unto me, O ye house of Israel, and it shall be made manifest unto you how great things the Father hath laid up for you, from the foundation of the world; and it hath not come unto you, because of unbelief.

15 Behold, when ye shall rend that veil of unbelief which doth cause you to remain in your awful state of wickedness, and hardness of heart, and blindness of mind, then shall the great and marvelous things which have been hid up from the foundation of the world from you—yea, when ye shall call upon the Father in my name, with a broken heart and a contrite spirit, then shall ye know that the Father hath remembered the covenant which he made unto your fathers, O house of Israel...

Edited for emphasis. By commanding both the Gentiles and house of Israel, the Lord exempts no one. Only unbelief keeps one from rending that cloud--that "veil of unbelief."

Edited by skalenfehl

Thanks for the replies

Traveler 

From what I read from your reply is that revelations will occur only in the confines of the LDS temple or temples.

Therefore revelation will only come through LDS..

Which leads me to believe LDS will be the authenticator of these revelations.

And the greater portion is not material which someone like me could receive but must be taught.

But Jane Doe,

Is the greater portion to you a material with revelation in it ,on it ,etc.unlike Traverler's views.

And  to some questions

1--2Nephi.27.11 shall be read from the house tops-two parts here-(Notice housetops and shall be read)-This would seem to indicate the greater portion will be a material that one can be read by anyone and second part ,that we have our satellite dish as well as internet and other communication devices attatched upon the house tops

2--Nephi 27.10 history of the world(This would seem to indicate the material will  reveal various of histories  and origin of our Earth .

And what takes place if someone claims the greater portion is discovered? The only mark of authenticity at this moment I have read is that it can be read from the housetops (we have that) and it contains the history of the world. Skalenfehl read it will cause men to do good.Anything else other than these three elements as validation?

3-Does LDS authenticate the greater portion ?

4-Does LDS distribute to the masses or does the masses come to the LDS  to receive it?

4 minutes ago, Earl said:

And what takes place if someone claims the greater portion is discovered? The only mark of authenticity at this moment I have read is that it can be read from the housetops (we have that) and it contains the history of the world. Skalenfehl read it will cause men to do good.Anything else other than these three elements as validation?

3-Does LDS authenticate the greater portion ?

Amos 3:7 Surely the Lord GOD will do nothing, but he revealeth his secret unto his servants the prophets.

If/when the sealed portion is revealed, it will come via His prophets, not a random Billy-Bob person.  As to each of us confirming whether or not it's True: like all other things, ask God.  

4 minutes ago, Earl said:

4-Does LDS distribute to the masses or does the masses come to the LDS  to receive it?

This question doesn't make a lot of sense to me.  How would you answer your own question, say for like the Book of Mormon?  

1 hour ago, Earl said:

Thanks Jane Doe for your reply.

Is "his servants" lds prophets or is there other prophets ?

God's prophets are the prophets of His Church, the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints.

1 hour ago, Earl said:

#4 again differently.

Does Lds copy the greater portion and distribute it to the world or will the world go to LDS to be taught it?

Again, I'm not follow your question.   How would you answer this question for the currently revealed portion of the Book of Mormon?  

So far there are 5 identifiers to recognize the 'greater portion.

Shall be read

Shall be read from the housetops

Contains history of the world

Cause men  to do good

Will be revealed to the LDS servants  of the LDS prophets.This would seem to me that authentication will only come from LDS

32 minutes ago, Earl said:

Jane Doe,

Ill Say it this way

The LDS prophets discover the greater portion.

How will  I ,non LDS, get access to it  and read  it

I'm sorry if this sounds like i'm interrupting, but I just came back to this thread after a long time.  And I'm not sure what you're actually asking here.

You seem to be talking about the sealed portion of the golden plates (references to 2 Nephi).  And you keep referring to "the greater portion".  Are you under the impression that "the greater portion" is what is in the sealed portion of the golden plates?  

In what context did you hear that?

Edited by Guest

28 minutes ago, Earl said:

Jane Doe,

Ill Say it this way

The LDS prophets discover the greater portion.

How will  I ,non LDS, get access to it  and read  it

Now that I do not know.  That is not revealed yet.  Did you read the Book of Mormon that we do have-- that would make sense as the first step for everyone. 

3 minutes ago, Earl said:

Will be revealed to the LDS servants  of the LDS prophets.This would seem to me that authentication will only come from LDS

You are incorrect here.  Rather, if you want to know if anything is True, ask God-- that's what LDS and scripture teach over and over again.

3 minutes ago, Earl said:

I am referring to what contains the history of the world  that is not yet revealed.

And  which one do you say it is?

It was a matter of phrasing and sources.

1) Earlier in the thread, you mentioned "greater things". 
2) Then you shifted wording to "the greater portion".
3) I'm still trying to collect the context of the conversation.  So, maybe I'll just start blathering and let you pick up what you need.

We don't know exactly what the golden plates looked like.  We have a generic description only.  But approximately 1/3 of the plates were available for translation.  This eventually became the Book of Mormon.  2/3 of the plates were sealed and, therefore, not available for translation.  This 2/3 sealed portion is what is referred to in the 2 Nephi references you posted.

I believe you mentioned Mormon talking of "greater things."

And whoso receiveth this record, and shall not condemn it because of the imperfections which are in it, the same shall know of greater things than these. Behold, I am Moroni; and were it possible, I would make all things known unto you.

Mormon 8:12

Just a side note.  By chapter 8, Mormon had died.  His son Moroni wrote the verse above.  Not nit-picking.  Just a bit of trivia I thought you'd find interesting.

Now, there are several other references to "greater things" that others also said.  But none of these refer to the sealed portion of the plates.  All these things mean is the basic principle that we learn the things of God gradually.  

For precept must be upon precept, precept upon precept; line upon line, line upon line; here a little, and there a little:

Isaiah 28:10

We first start on the path by simply learning about the character of God and the Atonement of the Savior of all mankind.  We learn enough that we may develop faith in him.  As we exercise our faith unto repentance and are baptized in his name, we have entered the gate to eternal life.  But beyond the gate is the path we need to walk.  Walking the path will advance  our relationship with the Lord.  We will increase our knowledge of the gospel of Jesus Christ.  We continue taking steps again and again.  Each step further and further along the path of knowing the Lord.

And this is life eternal, that they might know thee the only true God, and Jesus Christ, whom thou hast sent.

John 17:3

This is not simply "knowing a few facts about them."  It is to truly coming to know them as well as a child knows his parents and developing a real relationship with them.  This does not happen all at once.  It is a gradual process that takes our entire lives.

And knowing them is not simply "being a good person".  Knowing them also means knowing the mysteries of God.  But this takes humility and an open heart.

And therefore, he that will harden his heart, the same receiveth the lesser portion of the word; and he that will not harden his heart, to him is given the greater portion of the word, until it is given unto him to know the mysteries of God until he know them in full.

Some of this comes from listening to the living prophets.  Some comes from studying the scriptures.  But it always must be clarified and fulfilled by the Holy Ghost.  True knowledge of Godliness is not about book learning alone.  But we are given the written word as a guide and a point of focus.  The true learning of the greater things of God is only available through the Holy Ghost.

Is this only available by being a Mormon?  Much of it, yes.  But certainly anyone with a sincere heart and earnestly seeking God will receive a portion of his mysteries.  It's just a question of how much you want.

6 hours ago, Earl said:

And from the input  given I have listed this information on the sealed portion.

And am asking if any one  has got a possible hit on the descriptions while searching the world for it.

Does LDS search or wait for it?

For the record, my understanding is that we have no idea what is on the sealed plates.

Anyone, be you Gentile or Jew (anyone of the ten tribes of Israel), may receive the greater portion. It is not a promise exclusive to the LDS as Jesus Christ declared above in the passage I just quoted. This is the fulcrum of the message of the Book of Mormon. It is an invitation to receive all and is not limited to any one person. From the same passage above, which I quoted:

8 And he that will contend against the word of the Lord, let him be accursed; and he that shall deny these things, let him be accursed; for unto them will I show no greater things, saith Jesus Christ; for I am he who speaketh...

10 And he that believeth not my words believeth not my disciples; and if it so be that I do not speak, judge ye; for ye shall know that it is I that speaketh, at the last day.

I am a disciple of Jesus Christ. My witness to everyone is these words are true. This promise in Ether chapter 4 are true and is available to anyone. You may or may not literally receive the plates, but you may know everything  they contain from the foundation of the world to the end thereof. Rend that veil of unbelief that ye may be brought into a remembrance of the covenant made to our fathers.

4 hours ago, skalenfehl said:

Anyone, be you Gentile or Jew (anyone of the ten tribes of Israel), may receive the greater portion. It is not a promise exclusive to the LDS

Rend that veil of unbelief that ye may be brought into a remembrance of the covenant made to our fathers.

Do you not see the contradiction?  Anyone can receive "a portion", yes.  But to rend the veil of disbelief and come under covenant, one needs to, you know, make covenants.

Covenants are had through the Priesthood of God.  And the living authority is only found here.

6 hours ago, Carborendum said:

Do you not see the contradiction?  Anyone can receive "a portion", yes.  But to rend the veil of disbelief and come under covenant, one needs to, you know, make covenants.

Covenants are had through the Priesthood of God.  And the living authority is only found here.

There is no contradiction. I did not say 'a portion'. I said 'the greater portion.' In other words, the remainder of what has been hid up because of unbelief. Incidentally, I realize we use the word disbelief in modern English; however, the BoM prophets used the word unbelief, which word is found throughout the scriptures, including D&C, which is modern scripture. The "veil of unbelief" as Jesus Christ described can be parted by anyone who exercises the same faith, which the brother of Jared exercised and according to the conditions set by Jesus Christ according to His own explicit words in Ether 4. 

Indeed covenants are had through God's priesthood, which priesthood He administers according to His own words and by the calling of His own voice to them who "come unto me." The brother of Jared exercised the same faith as Melchizedek and Enoch, who in similar fashion, parted that "veil of unbelief." 

JST Genesis 14:26 Now Melchizedek was a man of faith, who wrought righteousness; and when a child he feared God, and stopped the mouths of lions, and quenched the violence of fire.

27 And thus, having been approved of God, he was ordained an high priest after the order of the covenant which God made with Enoch,

28 It being after the order of the Son of God; which order came, not by man, nor the will of man; neither by father nor mother; neither by beginning of days nor end of years; but of God;

29 And it was delivered unto men by the calling of his own voice, according to his own will, unto as many as believed on his name.

30 For God having sworn unto Enoch and unto his seed with an oath by himself; that every one being ordained after this order and calling should have power, by faith, to break mountains, to divide the seas, to dry up waters, to turn them out of their course;

31 To put at defiance the armies of nations, to divide the earth, to break every band, to stand in the presence of God; to do all things according to his will, according to his command, subdue principalities and powers; and this by the will of the Son of God which was from before the foundation of the world.

As we read in v. 27, this is the covenant, which God makes with one who comes unto Christ as Enoch, Moses, the brother of Jared and others. It is what the Lord requires of all who have been ordained in the church to the Melchizedek Priesthood:

D&C 84:33 For whoso is faithful unto the obtaining these two priesthoods of which I have spoken, and the magnifying their calling, are sanctified by the Spirit unto the renewing of their bodies.

34 They become the sons of Moses and of Aaron and the seed of Abraham, and the church and kingdom, and the elect of God.

35 And also all they who receive this priesthood receive me, saith the Lord;

36 For he that receiveth my servants receiveth me;

37 And he that receiveth me receiveth my Father;

38 And he that receiveth my Father receiveth my Father’s kingdom; therefore all that my Father hath shall be given unto him.

39 And this is according to the oath and covenant which belongeth to the priesthood.

40 Therefore, all those who receive the priesthood, receive this oath and covenant of my Father, which he cannot break, neither can it be moved.

Once one has been faithful in the Aaronic and the Melchizedek Priesthood, which one was ordained to, one can then "also" receive the fulness of the priesthood, which one receives directly from God by His own voice and not by any ordination of man or men. One receives this "priest" HOOD (brotherHOOD, neighborHOOD, etc) by receiving the Lord Himself. It is an association with God and angels. One partakes in association with such High Priests after the order of the Son of God. It is the Father who gives the oath that one is a partaker of His glory, power, etc. God declares it. He alone confirms this priesthood by His own voice. And what is this priesthood and power associated with it? As quoted above:

JST Genesis 14:

27 And thus, having been approved of God, he was ordained an high priest after the order of the covenant which God made with Enoch,

28 It being after the order of the Son of God; which order came, not by man, nor the will of man; neither by father nor mother; neither by beginning of days nor end of years; but of God;

29 And it was delivered unto men by the calling of his own voice, according to his own will, unto as many as believed on his name.

This has always been the pattern. Thus the brother of Jared could move Mount Zerin, as Enoch could turn the course of rivers. Though Enoch was first ordained to the priesthood by Adam at age 25 (D&C 107:48), he later received the fullness by God, Himself, as we read above in JST Genesis 14. The same thing with Moses, who was first ordained by Jethro (D&C 84:6), yet Moses received the fullness by God, Himself, just like Enoch did and had power to bring forth water from a rock and part the Red Sea. There are other examples. Thus by the "oath and covenant" that God personally makes to each who comes unto this priesthood as we read above in D&C 84 after previously being ordained by man, does one obtain that fullness from God directly, which power in the priesthood enables one to turn rivers from their courses, set at defiance the armies of nations, etc. unto the redeeming of Zion (bringing a Zion people back into God's presence by the parting of the veil).

It is one thing to be ordained to the Aaronic priesthood and the Melchizedek priesthood as many men are in the church to administer saving ordinances. It is entirely another to be ordained personally by the calling of Jehovah's own voice, by an oath, which He swears and cannot break, enabling those who now associate as fellow "high priests" to have power over the elements. When Moses was taken, the Melchizedek Priesthood was taken. When Joseph Smith was taken, a portion of the Melchizedek Priesthood remained. It is up to each to come unto the priesthood offered by God alone by His own voice through that oath and covenant, which He cannot break. 

We as Melchizedek Priesthood holders have only a portion of the priesthood, but not the fulness, which is why the Lord admonishes us to "come unto him" and "obtain the fulness".

D&C 84:42 And wo unto all those who come not unto this priesthood which ye have received, which I now confirm upon you who are present this day, by mine own voice out of the heavens; and even I have given the heavenly hosts and mine angels charge concerning you.

By rending the "veil of unbelief" as the brother of Jared, one obtains the fulness, which includes a knowledge of all the Lord has revealed as contained in the sealed greater portion of the plates. The talent to do so was taken from the Jews and given to the Gentiles and today, the fulness of the Gentiles is found in the LDS church which is possession of the talent. Moroni laments that the church in their fulness may not make use of the talent and it be given back to the Jews.

Ether 12:35 Wherefore, I know by this thing which thou hast said, that if the Gentiles have not charity, because of our weakness, that thou wilt prove them, and take away their talent, yea, even that which they have received, and give unto them who shall have more abundantly.

It is up to the Gentiles who are in possession of the fulness to "come unto this priesthood" to redeem Zion that the veil may be rent as with Enoch and Melchizedek. To such are given to be called "sons."

D&C 84:31 Therefore, as I said concerning the sons of Moses—for the sons of Moses and also the sons of Aaron shall offer an acceptable offering and sacrifice in the house of the Lord, which house shall be built unto the Lord in this generation, upon the consecrated spot as I have appointed—

32 And the sons of Moses and of Aaron shall be filled with the glory of the Lord, upon Mount Zion in the Lord’s house, whose sons are ye; and also many whom I have called and sent forth to build up my church.

33 For whoso is faithful unto the obtaining these two priesthoods of which I have spoken, and the magnifying their calling, are sanctified by the Spirit unto the renewing of their bodies.

34 They become the sons of Moses and of Aaron and the seed of Abraham, and the church and kingdom, and the elect of God.

Therefore:

The Sons of Aaron are those who have been ordained to the Aaronic Priesthood and are faithful.
The Sons of Moses are those who have been ordained to the Melchizedek Priesthood and are faithful. 

However, as we read in the above posts:

The Sons of God are those who have been confirmed by God, Himself by the calling of His own voice when they "come unto this priesthood."

D&C 39:4 But to as many as received me, gave I power to become my sons; and even so will I give unto as many as will receive me, power to become my sons.

The brother of Jared became a "son." 

Ether 3:17 And now, as I, Moroni, said I could not make a full account of these things which are written, therefore it sufficeth me to say that Jesus showed himself unto this man in the spirit, even after the manner and in the likeness of the same body even as he showed himself unto the Nephites.

18 And he ministered unto him even as he ministered unto the Nephites; and all this, that this man might know that he was God, because of the many great works which the Lord had showed unto him.

19 And because of the knowledge of this man he could not be kept from beholding within the veil; and he saw the finger of Jesus, which, when he saw, he fell with fear; for he knew that it was the finger of the Lord; and he had faith no longer, for he knew, nothing doubting.

20 Wherefore, having this perfect knowledge of God, he could not be kept from within the veil; therefore he saw Jesus; and he did minister unto him.

Jesus "ministered" to the brother of Jared, who "received" Jesus. And because he "received" Jesus, he became Jesus' son. Jesus also ministered to the Nephites and revealed to them everything, which He revealed to the bro of Jared, which we read about in 3 Nephi 26, but Mormon was forbidden to include it, but instead sealed it up. 

3 Nephi 26:

8 And these things have I written, which are a lesserpart of the things which he taught the people; and I have written them to the intent that they may be brought again unto this people, from the Gentiles, according to the words which Jesus hath spoken.

9 And when they shall have received this, which is expedient that they should have first, to try their faith, and if it shall so be that they shall believe these things then shall the greater things be made manifest unto them.

10 And if it so be that they will not believe these things, then shall the greater things be withheld from them, unto their condemnation.

11 Behold, I was about to write them, all which were engraven upon the plates of Nephi, but the Lord forbade it, saying: I will try the faith of my people.

12 Therefore I, Mormon, do write the things which have been commanded me of the Lord. And now I, Mormon, make an end of my sayings, and proceed to write the things which have been commanded me.

In any case, Jesus "ministered" to the brother of Jared who "receive" Jesus. 

Ether 3:4 Behold, I am he who was prepared from the foundation of the world to redeem my people. Behold, I am Jesus Christ. I am the Father and the Son. In me shall all mankind have life, and that eternally, even they who shall believe on my name; and they shall become my sons and my daughters.

Being "redeemed" from the Fall is to be brought back into Jesus' presence, which is to receive His fullness. This is what happens when one parts the veil as the bro of Jared parted the veil. This is what God wants us all to do and why we have been given this record. To reiterate what Jesus declared in Ether 4:

11 But he that believeth these things which I have spoken, him will I visit with the manifestations of my Spirit, and he shall know and bear record. For because of my Spirit he shall know that these things are true; for it persuadeth men to do good.

12 And whatsoever thing persuadeth men to do good is of me; for good cometh of none save it be of me. I am the same that leadeth men to all good; he that will not believe my words will not believe me—that I am; and he that will not believe me will not believe the Father who sent me. For behold, I am the Father, I am the light, and the life, and the truth of the world.

13 Come unto me, O ye Gentiles, and I will show unto you the greater things, the knowledge which is hid up because of unbelief.

14 Come unto me, O ye house of Israel, and it shall be made manifest unto you how great things the Father hath laid up for you, from the foundation of the world; and it hath not come unto you, because of unbelief.

15 Behold, when ye shall rend that veil of unbelief which doth cause you to remain in your awful state of wickedness, and hardness of heart, and blindness of mind, then shall the great and marvelous things which have been hid up from the foundation of the world from you—yea, when ye shall call upon the Father in my name, with a broken heart and a contrite spirit, then shall ye know that the Father hath remembered the covenant which he made unto your fathers, O house of Israel.

One will know once one parts the veil and "receives" Jesus. It is to "receive" the Father. It is to "receive" the fulness of the gospel, which is the fulness of the priesthood, which power moves mountains, turns rivers from their courses, sets defiance the armies of nations...it is the power that defends a "redeemed" Zion. It brings with it knowledge of all things from the foundation of the world to the end thereof, or in other words, knowledge of what the sealed portion of the plates contains. 

Edited by skalenfehl
typos