Limited use recommend for step siblings

Hello,

Do you happen to know how complicated is to obtain a limited use recommend for children that are step siblings of the baby who is getting seal to the dad and step mom?

My husband and I are getting sealed, and my step son who is 4 (we started dating when the baby was 18 mos old) will be getting sealed to us. I have two children, 9 and 11, they are only my kids, not my husbands (and they were born in the covenant).

I am aware they could witness the sealing if they were to obtain a limited use recommend, but because the 4 yrs old is their step brother, they will need to obtain special permission from the first presidency to actually obtain that recommend.

How hard is to apply for that ? who participate on asking the first presidency for clearance?

Thanks.

Edited by Chilean

The process starts with talking to your bishop and then stake president.    I've not encountered the particular situation you're describing, but I have see pre-12 siblings attend a sealing of an sibling that was adopted and it was not difficult for them.  

When my husband and I were sealed, and then had our 1-year old son sealed to us, my two step-children ages 3 and 5 were able to witness the sealing of their half-brother to my husband and me.  That was quite a few years ago. But, very easy to get permission.  Talk to your bishop.

I don’t know if it makes any difference, but in our circumstance, my husband had custody of his two children, so the children were living in the same household and we all had the same bishop.