JayKi

World Cup

Recommended Posts

10 hours ago, anatess2 said:

I wanted so badly to hate Ronaldo.  But I can’t.  That 88’ goal hurt so bad.

I so happy when Ronaldo scored his 3rd goal :)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 6/16/2018 at 8:09 PM, Lee said:

To my shame I forgot the Danish were at the World Cup I will be supporting Denmark as well as England. 

After the Costa Rica shambles my enjoyment of tournament relies on England 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
15 hours ago, JayKi said:

I was so happy Argentina lost! I hate Argentina I celebrate they lose like Costa Rica win world cup. 

I love Messi!  (Of course.  He's Barca after all).  He didn't work his bum off, though.  It's like he lost his desire for the cup.  Of course, it didn't help that Caballero did such a dumb move.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, anatess2 said:

I love Messi!  (Of course.  He's Barca after all).  He didn't work his bum off, though.  It's like he lost his desire for the cup.  Of course, it didn't help that Caballero did such a dumb move.

He at least played for the team unlike Neymar who plays for himself but no one but Argies like Argentina

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, JayKi said:

He at least played for the team unlike Neymar who plays for himself but no one but Argies like Argentina

Filipinos love Argentina.  We loved Mario Kempes, then Diego Maradona, etc. etc.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 minutes ago, anatess2 said:

Filipinos love Argentina.  We loved Mario Kempes, then Diego Maradona, etc. etc.

So cheating and arrogance is loved in Filipinas.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Guest LiterateParakeet

Iceland!!!  

This is my first time following the World Cup, and their first time qualifying. They're the smallest country  (population wise) to qualify AND I have been to Iceland and loved it. 

My second pic, England because that's where my ancestry is.   

Edited by LiterateParakeet

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, LiterateParakeet said:

Iceland!!!  

This is my first time following the World Cup, and their first time qualifying. They're the smallest country  (population wise) to qualify AND I have been to Iceland and loved it. 

My second pic, England because that's where my ancestry is.   

Ah they play now and if they win then Argentina are basically out no mathematically but realistically no. I am supporting Iceland today  :) 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
16 hours ago, JayKi said:

I was so happy Argentina lost! I hate Argentina I celebrate they lose like Costa Rica win world cup. 

Being half English I have a natural dislike of Argies, so glad they lost 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, LiterateParakeet said:

Oh man, Nigeria beat us (Iceland).  Bummer!  

But they performed well. 

It's amazing how this team came out of Iceland which has a population of just a little over 300 thousand.  If the commentators are to be believed, Argentina has a larger pool of quality soccer players than there are people in Iceland!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Guest LiterateParakeet
26 minutes ago, anatess2 said:

But they performed well. 

It's amazing how this team came out of Iceland which has a population of just a little over 300 thousand.  If the commentators are to be believed, Argentina has a larger pool of quality soccer players than there are people in Iceland!

Wow, I hadn't heard it put THAT way!  Pretty cool.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, anatess2 said:

Spain is well positioned.  Iran down, Morocco to go.  That should be an easy match.

Sadly it will take a unlikely series of event for Spain no to go through

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, LiterateParakeet said:

Oh man, Nigeria beat us (Iceland).  Bummer!  

Iceland can still go through if they win by 3 goal (unlikely) and Nigeria and Argentina draw. My team Costa Rica are already out :( so now I just support England and any team playing a hispanic team

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, anatess2 said:

But they performed well. 

It's amazing how this team came out of Iceland which has a population of just a little over 300 thousand.  If the commentators are to be believed, Argentina has a larger pool of quality soccer players than there are people in Iceland!

If you assume half are men then 150,000 and then half men are between 16-40 75,00 that is all they had to select from is incredible they make it to world cup. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Guest LiterateParakeet
1 hour ago, JayKi said:

Iceland can still go through if they win by 3 goal (unlikely) and Nigeria and Argentina draw. My team Costa Rica are already out :( so now I just support England and any team playing a hispanic team

Costa Rica is out?  Darn, I didn't realize.  Thats one of the teams I was cheering for.  Go Ticos! 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, LiterateParakeet said:

Costa Rica is out?  Darn, I didn't realize.  Thats one of the teams I was cheering for.  Go Ticos! 

Yes the players were disgrace I am so ashamed of the performance we are laughing stock of Central America  :( 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now