Recommended Posts

Evangelicals...especially those of us emphasizing the 'born again' experience, speak much of being saved. LDS also have the full Plan of Salvation, including how to reach the highest heavenly realm and achieve exaltation. See if the teaching "Almost saved" resonates:

https://www.facebook.com/anglelakechurch/videos/329746768002871/

 

 

Edited by prisonchaplain

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 4/1/2020 at 6:44 PM, prisonchaplain said:

Evangelicals...especially those of us emphasizing the 'born again' experience, speak much of being saved. LDS also have the full Plan of Salvation, including how to reach the highest heavenly realm and achieve exaltation. See if the teaching "Almost saved" resonates:

https://www.facebook.com/anglelakechurch/videos/329746768002871/

 

 

Paul told christians (=already following Christ) to die to the Self. And not to be of this world but instead to be as christ and be of Christ. That’s not an easy job to die to this world. But a most honorful important job. A continual one, to follow the first commandment, in essence. 

Faith’s fine but meeting God and staying with Him no matter what is what apostles and prophets and his souls do.

Faith professed as well as works are both but smoke screens to keep a soul away from Him, smug and satisfied “there is nothing to do and I have faith. Im saved already.”

Horrible. What He wants is for His Sons to stand up and fight with Him and rule with Him. Now. To die to the Self.

Edited by e v e

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 4/1/2020 at 6:44 PM, prisonchaplain said:

Evangelicals...especially those of us emphasizing the 'born again' experience, speak much of being saved. LDS also have the full Plan of Salvation, including how to reach the highest heavenly realm and achieve exaltation. See if the teaching "Almost saved" resonates:

https://www.facebook.com/anglelakechurch/videos/329746768002871/

 

 

If I'm not mistaken, don't you usually include a call and response in your sermons? Has it been difficult to maintain the rhythm and passion of your messages without congregational feedback?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, mordorbund said:

If I'm not mistaken, don't you usually include a call and response in your sermons? Has it been difficult to maintain the rhythm and passion of your messages without congregational feedback?

Call and response is more common in the south, and in African-American congregations. We have a bit, but it's more like, "Can I get an 'amen'?" and then a few will say 'amen.' This may happen up to a half dozen times in a 40-minute sermon. In my case, I might call for such once or not at all. Still, yes, it was strange using this format at first. My classes tend to rely heavily on discussion, so offering a continuous lecture with no feedback (I'm also trained as an elementary school teacher and so am used to feedback via nods and looks of understanding) was a bit challenging.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
16 hours ago, e v e said:

Fauth professed as well as works are both but smoke screens to keep a soul away from Him, smug and satisfied “there is nothing to do and I have faith. Im saved already.” Horrible. What He wants is for His Sons to stand up and fight with Him and rule with Him. Now. To die to the Self.

Spiritual smugness stinketh. On the other hand, I suspect our LORD would not have us cowering or walking on spiritual egg shells, constantly fearful and uncertain about our standing before the Almighty. To die to self is to love. Many of us did a bit of that on our wedding day...and then again as our children were born. Still, the ultimate is when I say to God, "Forgive me, take me, mold me, use me." This begins at conversion and continues daily...sometimes moment by moment.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 4/1/2020 at 6:44 PM, prisonchaplain said:

Evangelicals...especially those of us emphasizing the 'born again' experience, speak much of being saved. LDS also have the full Plan of Salvation, including how to reach the highest heavenly realm and achieve exaltation. See if the teaching "Almost saved" resonates:

https://www.facebook.com/anglelakechurch/videos/329746768002871/

 

 

 

 

the real point is His souls have their Change soon .

yes i know that many 

don’t believe in the Change , being too busy with this ‘life .’

 

..if indeed He likes you

then this is what you need :

 

the experience

which will make you once and for all

forget all you had before...

and follow Him . 

 

and then , cross back to eden - which is our Change .

Edited by e v e

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now