New insight from Elder Holland

carlimac

https://youtu.be/RIYafkjQVn8

I found this video with Elder Holland talking with a Jewish rabbi. It explains some of my questions about where our leaders have been lately and why we maybe haven’t heard as much from them as we would have wanted.

This is where Elder Holland is personally. In my mind it really helps me to see him not just as a leader that I have all kinds of expectations for, but as an individual and fellow passenger on this crazy COVID  ship we’re on. It humanizes our leaders which is humbling to me. I appreciate them more after listening to this and don’t feel so demanding of them. 

Basically this is a time of “renewal” for them. It’s almost a blessing of down time for them. 

About halfway through at min 27 or 28 it takes a more theological turn. I haven’t finished listening to that part. 

Edited by carlimac

Guest MormonGator
1 hour ago, carlimac said:

Just found out Elder Holland is in the hospital. Not COVID 19.  Praying it’s something he can recover from!

Oh no. Glad it's not Covid, at his age it's very serious. 

19 hours ago, carlimac said:

https://youtu.be/RIYafkjQVn8

I found this video with Elder Holland talking with a Jewish rabbi. It explains some of my questions about where our leaders have been lately and why we maybe haven’t heard as much from them as we would have wanted.

This is where Elder Holland is personally. In my mind it really helps me to see him not just as a leader that I have all kinds of expectations for, but as an individual and fellow passenger on this crazy COVID  ship we’re on. It humanizes our leaders which is humbling to me. I appreciate them more after listening to this and don’t feel so demanding of them. 

Basically this is a time of “renewal” for them. It’s almost a blessing of down time for them. 

About halfway through at min 27 or 28 it takes a more theological turn. I haven’t finished listening to that part. 

They also traditionally take the month of July off for well-deserved R&R, which I understand entails quite a bit of spiritual preparation for the next 11 months.