New Convert

Pegtagatha

I haven't recieved my Book of Mormon yet, and can't wait to read it, however I have read and studied the bible. I am very interrested in this new found Faith. I don't know much about it as I'm just getting started, I used to be a Baptist, but now I would like to convert. I am so nervous about all this, yet I'm so hungry for the teachings of Mormon. May I ask questions in the thread where you ask about that stuff?

As you approach the Gospel and the Church, you need to have correct information. The websites you were given above are solid sources. Not all websites are equal. You can find many sites which will give inaccurate and biased information. If you want to know about the Church, the best way to get good information is to stay with the official sources.

Welcome. I joined the Church over 40 years ago. And I have never regretted it one day.

Hi Peg ... you sound almost like me asI found the church! It was a joy to read The Book of Mormon. SO many things that I could understand more clarely and SO many things that strengthened my belief in God that I found with my first reading the book!!

Nice to meet you!

Hi Peg ... you sound almost like me asI found the church! It was a joy to read The Book of Mormon. SO many things that I could understand more clarely and SO many things that strengthened my belief in God that I found with my first reading the book!!

Nice to meet you!

Yea, that's how I see it. I've always wondered if there was more to it and then I found the Book of Mormon that ansewers everything about what happens next in the faith of God.

Yea, that's how I see it. I've always wondered if there was more to it and than I found the Book of Mormon that ansewers everything about what happens next in the faith of God.

As a new convert, I found such comfort in D&C 76 and the Pearl of Great Price!! It was SO cool to see past all that I had previously been taught!! And the comfort came when I felt and KNEW in my heart that this was the missing piece...this was the answer to my confusion, and what I already had in my heart, but did not understand!!!

You are on the right road!! Enjoy the ride!!!!

Okay, I must confess about how I was introduced to LDS;

I was walking in my downtown area from getting my health insurrance renewed, at that time I was working at a museum that was doing the bible exhibtion at the time. This museum was down a few blocks from where my first LDS introduction happen, as I was walking a group of handsome young men were walking towards my way, wearing white dress shirts and black dress pants, all of the sudden they turned a different direction and went the other way so I'd thought. When I finnaly got across the road, one came out of no where and surpprised me, he was waitng behind the street light. First he asked me if I was saved, and I said yes, and then he shows me this card with the LDS web site. When I approached him there was something odd about him, I felt a feeling of happiness and peace. That happened a year ago, two weeks ago I met a young couple from my local young Republicans club who are Mormon's supporting Mitt Romney, the whole time I was there, they two had the same feeling. They have something I want.

As you approach the Gospel and the Church, you need to have correct information. The websites you were given above are solid sources. Not all websites are equal. You can find many sites which will give inaccurate and biased information. If you want to know about the Church, the best way to get good information is to stay with the official sources.

Welcome. I joined the Church over 40 years ago. And I have never regretted it one day.

Yes you must becarefull, always make sure you are on an official L.D.S website! being morman

means that you will find overwhelming influences out there, {expecially on the internet}. that are

nothing but people and organizations that seem to have nothing better to do than "bash" L/D.S doctrine.

My advice to you is to work hard and let gods spirit guide you! sometimes its hard to keep his sacred spirit

as your companion, but you can do it! And its worth every blessing.

:mellow:

Okay, I must confess about how I was introduced to LDS;

I was walking in my downtown area from getting my health insurrance renewed, at that time I was working at a museum that was doing the bible exhibtion at the time. This museum was down a few blocks from where my first LDS introduction happen, as I was walking a group of handsome young men were walking towards my way, wearing white dress shirts and black dress pants, all of the sudden they turned a different direction and went the other way so I'd thought. When I finnaly got across the road, one came out of no where and surpprised me, he was waitng behind the street light. First he asked me if I was saved, and I said yes, and then he shows me this card with the LDS web site. When I approached him there was something odd about him, I felt a feeling of happiness and peace. That happened a year ago, two weeks ago I met a young couple from my local young Republicans club who are Mormon's supporting Mitt Romney, the whole time I was there, they two had the same feeling. They have something I want.

Check out my Testimony...

http://www.ldstalk.com/forums/blog/yediyd/...?showentry=1084

• 2 weeks later...

I just got baptized this evening, I'm so full of Joy.

Congratulations Peg - Welcome to The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints.

I am so happy for you in this new and glorious chapter in you life - Enjoy the journey!

Love Iggy

Guest karlita007

Welcome Peg!

Our situations are pretty similar... I was raised Baptist too. Gospel Principles is a great book, it's what really helped me understand the Church and see how much sense it all makes (if that makes sense. lol).