I Am Resigning From The Church

naomi

Guest Starsky

Originally posted by ExMormon-Jason@Jun 7 2004, 02:16 PM

Well.......looks like I've been missing out on the mud-slinging.... :D

I'm sure she will be back....bad pennies have a way of turning up...

• Replies 221
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest Starsky

Shanstress,

I wonder if you couldn't start putting out true facts about the church instead of all the 'proven' wrong facts that you have gotten off the anti-sites...

It really shows you haven't really studied anything out yourself...you are just parrotting junk...I mean JUNK....that has no basis in fact.

Naomi,

You have to do whats right for you, I hope itworks out, I'm sorry you had problems with your ward......And I hope you find what you are looking for.

LaurelTree

And defending each other is wrong? How hateful is that? Or are you not considered mean when you are mean.? All the rules for others...but none for you?

You're so full of crap.

I understand mormon unity. Mormons cannot do wrong in the eyes of other mormons (there are a small handful of mormons who are exceptions to this, but they are few and far between). The average mormon is very hostile towards those who refuse to buy what they say. Whenever somebody like me comes around, there is a lot of hostility extended. I don't mind, as long as you can take what you give out (which most mormons can't). I've never been one to back down from confrontation or a good fight on this board. But it hasn't always been this way. I used to appologize, on a regular basis, for getting a little to hostile and aggressive towards others on this board. I don't do that anymore. I am every bit as hostile as I am greeted with on this board. if you want to stick together and act like you are nothing but a bunch of saints who do no wrong, then there isn't a whole lot I can do to get those fantasies out of your minds.

Originally posted by Nicodemus@Jun 7 2004, 12:45 AM

Good points. :) Your opinion is much appreciated to me lindy.

Glad to be of help Nick.... it's nice to be appreciated, thank you :)

Originally posted by Tr2@Jun 7 2004, 09:07 AM

And to be termed as a salesman losing commission?

I wasn't talking about you. I am talking about the people using various tactics to try and scare/convince Naomi back into your church.

Thanks for clearing that up Tr2....I can put my claws back in now :)

Naomi needs to make her own choices....all anyone can do is offer advice, wisdom and knowledge if they are inspired to do so. I could say more on that issue...but I won't.

Prove that our church is true? To a non believer? I'm not that talented

That's because the only "proof" that the LDS church is the true church of God is nothing more than the opinion of its members. I have heard numerous testimonies of mormons that are nothing more than their opinion that the church is true. I have opinions too, but that doesn't necessarily mean they are true just because I want to believe them. Whenever I give my opinion, people expect some type of evidence to back it up. If i have no evidence, I am not taken seriously.
But isn't that what anyone's testimony is...their opinion? their feelings? their experiences?.....and your opinions count....people just like giving you a line of crap cause you dish it out so well sometimes....but seriously...you do count... (Just don't let anyone know that I told you so :) )

Some people just like pulling your strings, but I think that all will admit that you are a child of God like everyone else....an equal to many with a different outlook on things.

SO THERE! :P

Originally posted by shanstress70@Jun 7 2004, 05:50 PM

Can anyone answer my question? Do you, or do you not have to believe that JS is/was the prophet in order to be baptized/go to the temple?

Why even consider or bother to be baptized if you don't believe in the history and nature of the church...which would INCLUDE Joseph Smith as a prophet? Since we believe that he had a hand in restoring the Church....I'm stopping right there cause I will not feed ammunition into the machine gun.

Originally posted by Taoist_Saint+Jun 7 2004, 06:36 PM--></span><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (Taoist_Saint @ Jun 7 2004, 06:36 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin--lindy9556@Jun 7 2004, 06:08 PM

Why even consider or bother to be baptized if you don't believe in the history and nature of the church...which would INCLUDE Joseph Smith as a prophet?

Hey! Why not? I did. :unsure::blink::lol:

But YOU are a special exception Tao ;):D

Originally posted by Tr2@Jun 6 2004, 10:23 PM

Show me one single Bible verse that I don't believe, just one

"Love your enemies as yourself". You do not believe this because if you believed it then you would apply it to your life. You may acknowledge its existance and importance but if you believed it then you would do something about it. I have never ever seen you show that this is relevant to your life. Prove me wrong.

Great Scott man!

Show some pride for once. Why even bother with with such weak lobs?

1. You maintain that belief entails action and behavior. It does not. Belief is an intellectual exercise, independent of action or don't you believe the Bible? Don't you remember the man possessed of an evil spirit in the land of Gararenes? The evil spirit believed that Christ was God and yet was evil still.

2. If what you said were so (which I just showed that it weren'ted) then you too would love your neighbor and your love would be evidenced by your actions. It ain't. You are the most disliked person on the entire board because of your hateful nature and weak grasp of Judeo-Christian values. You are even less liked than me.

3. You aren't my enemy honey. You're my playtoy. Oh, I guess you are my enemy in the same way the Clippers are the enemy of the LA Lakers or Grenada is the enemy of the United States or even or the way that Jackie Collins is the enemy of Shakespeare. But seriously hon, your going to have to kick it up a couple thousand notches to become my enemy.

I don't get where you think that mormons believe that mormonism is the only way to the Father

Because I have talked to many mormons. If this is not true, then mormonism is irrelevant to the world.

We have a crack team of linguists, syntax experts, semantic professors and Elmer Fudd trying to figure you what you think you meant.

Stay tuned

If your church is so true, then prove it.

Trident,

Imganinine that you are someone really smartiart for a momentito. What would you say to yourself in rebuttal-bo-duttal?

Originally posted by Tr2@Jun 7 2004, 09:07 AM

That's because the only "proof" that the LDS church is the true church of God is nothing more than the opinion of its members. I have heard numerous testimonies of mormons that are nothing more than their opinion that the church is true. I have opinions too, but that doesn't necessarily mean they are true just because I want to believe them.

No, that's not it. I said pretend that you are somebody smart.

Got it?

Good, then how would you rebutt yourself?

Originally posted by shanstress70@Jun 7 2004, 09:44 AM

This is untrue. Jesus is not the only way to salvation in your church. You cannot go to the celestial kingdom if you don't believe that Joseph Smith was a prophet.

Shantress,

What religion are you? And where on this green earth did you get that idea? Pray tell how do those who died during the years 1577 and 1618 AD get to heaven? Do they have to have a proxy accept Joseph Smith for them vicariously?

Setheus, you speak of Snow 'winning' this round, but he is only a winner to you LDS folks.  Some things he said made me cringe.

Let me be a winner for you too my dear. Tell me what makes you cringe.

Originally posted by shanstress70@Jun 7 2004, 10:51 AM

The thing that made me cringe was the rude nature of Snow's posts to TR2 and Naomi. No one specific example - just in general. I found them to be very insulting,

Oh, then that's it huh?

Naomi was passive-agressive but deliberately insultive. Why do you care if I noticed it? It would have been better for all if she had just been honest about her criticism.

As for Trident.. eh, you would need 3 years of history to understand. Besides, deep down he loves me to punish him when he's naughty. Do you doubt it? Then pay attention to how he responds to me over the next several weeks.

Back to Joseph Smith. Huh?

Originally posted by shanstress70@Jun 7 2004, 05:50 PM

Can anyone answer my question? Do you, or do you not have to believe that JS is/was the prophet in order to be baptized/go to the temple?

I am relatively certain that Abraham did not have strong feelings one way or the other about Joseph Smith yet I am quite certain that he is headed toward heaven, and don't spare the horses...

Originally posted by LaurelTree@Jun 7 2004, 03:52 PM

Naomi,

You have to do whats right for you, I hope itworks out, I'm sorry you had problems with your ward......And I hope you find what you are looking for.

LaurelTree

Thanks Laurel. And that is really the hardest thing for friends and family to "get" that I simply could not fit in the paradigm of "my" wards (had a habit of "thinking too much" or so I was told: this was a criticism I found complimentary) and could not simply "follow the prophet" and stuff down any questions that were not considered "reverent enough." What is Snow's problem? I find his hatred and anger rather sad.

Guest Starsky

Originally posted by shanstress70@Jun 7 2004, 02:46 PM

Enough posts there, Starsky?

IOW you have to change from :) the focus of my point....because it hit the mark...

Guest Starsky

Originally posted by Tr2@Jun 7 2004, 05:23 PM

And defending each other is wrong? How hateful is that? Or are you not considered mean when you are mean.? All the rules for others...but none for you?

You're so full of crap.

I understand mormon unity. Mormons cannot do wrong in the eyes of other mormons (there are a small handful of mormons who are exceptions to this, but they are few and far between). The average mormon is very hostile towards those who refuse to buy what they say. Whenever somebody like me comes around, there is a lot of hostility extended. I don't mind, as long as you can take what you give out (which most mormons can't). I've never been one to back down from confrontation or a good fight on this board. But it hasn't always been this way. I used to appologize, on a regular basis, for getting a little to hostile and aggressive towards others on this board. I don't do that anymore. I am every bit as hostile as I am greeted with on this board. if you want to stick together and act like you are nothing but a bunch of saints who do no wrong, then there isn't a whole lot I can do to get those fantasies out of your minds.

Well you ought to know all about crap...

Mormons are not hostile towards those who don't buy into the church doctrine and life....

In fact it is quite the other way around...you become hostile because we don't want to hear your crap....and don't buy into it... :rolleyes:

Guest Starsky
Originally posted by lindy9556+Jun 7 2004, 06:08 PM--></span><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (lindy9556 @ Jun 7 2004, 06:08 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin--shanstress70@Jun 7 2004, 05:50 PM

Can anyone answer my question?  Do you, or do you not have to believe that JS is/was the prophet in order to be baptized/go to the temple?

Why even consider or bother to be baptized if you don't believe in the history and nature of the church...which would INCLUDE Joseph Smith as a prophet? Since we believe that he had a hand in restoring the Church....I'm stopping right there cause I will not feed ammunition into the machine gun.

Why should believing in the prophet who started the church be a wrong thing? That is just crazy...

Naomi,

You said it best in your story about the store. One of those people might have been for real, yet you wouldn't even let them in enough to know there sincerity. I know in life we all get hurt, but sometimes our reaction to that hurt is to closes out people who really do care. If you wanna box up your life and throw it away thats fine, but my life is more important than a couple of ignorant people who might have hurt my feelings, the gospel means more to me than that. If you would open up to a few of those people who you think don't care, you would realize it's not that they don't care, there lives are as busy and as hecktic as yours is. We are all working the struggles of life together , we can either lift each other up when possiable or leave it all behind on a wim. We all ask questions when we read the scriptures and thats ok, but it's when we allow negitivity to set in and steal our testimony away, is when we are left with what we truly put into it in the first place. Fast, Pray, And Ponder.......please before tossing the box

Love & Prayers

Laureltree