Hello all...new to the board

Flyonthewall

Welcome,

I joined the Church after comparing all Churches I could get my hands, heart, and mind on. When 12 years old I made a comparison on doctrine, revelation, practices, organization, spirit, people, and even summer Bible schools & beach parties hee hee, and found the truth in the LDS Church. Of course I could stop after I found the truth. Nevertheless, that was only part of the issues since the quantitative searcch was inadvertantly my searching it out in my own mind. After praying to get Heavenly Father's confirmation, it was a sealed deal. This was in Orange County (Santa Ana) and it has been heaven ever since, I married in the temple, and have eight children (all of them girls EXCEPT seven). (That is one daughter for those mathematically challenged hee hee).

Just remember love in all you do. Don't ever become defensive and if you feel heat, just smile, it will pass.

Abraham

Welcome,

I joined the Church after comparing all Churches I could get my hands, heart, and mind on. When 12 years old I made a comparison on doctrine, revelation, practices, organization, spirit, people, and even summer Bible schools & beach parties hee hee, and found the truth in the LDS Church. Of course I could stop after I found the truth. Nevertheless, that was only part of the issues since the quantitative searcch was inadvertantly my searching it out in my own mind. After praying to get Heavenly Father's confirmation, it was a sealed deal. This was in Orange County (Santa Ana) and it has been heaven ever since, I married in the temple, and have eight children (all of them girls EXCEPT seven). (That is one daughter for those mathematically challenged hee hee).

Just remember love in all you do. Don't ever become defensive and if you feel heat, just smile, it will pass.

Abraham

Wow. That's commendable to be searching at age 12. I know the most important thing on my mind at age 12 was baseball and football.

After joining the Church, BTW - my twin and I had to wait until we were 16 since my Mother would not let us be baptized until she was sure were sincere and devoted, we found out my Granfather did quite a bit of Genealogy. The point being, there was a man in the 1300s who was preaching that the faith of the day was not true to Christ's original organization. For his trouble he has the infamous reputation of being the last person being beheaded in Switzerland for his religious convictions. Now just think how great and spiritual it was to go through the temple for him? Not to sound egregious, but I guess I came by it rightly. My wife and I are still the only members in either family. By accident I just found an distant cousin who has 38 notebooks of genealogy (well I guess not too much of an accident hee hee). I can't wait to get to work. We went to a family reunion, and this gentelman from Germany brought a 30 foot long pedigree chart with 1500 names. I guess I have my mission cut out for me. BTW - I have served a mission to Panama, Costa Rica, Nicaragua, and Honduras.

All the best!!!

Abraham