• Islam
    • Other (please post)
    • Jehovah's Witness
    • Southern Baptist
    • Pentecostal
    • Evangelical

Guest missingsomething

Well Tree,

Read D&C 132:44. It teaches that if a man is married in the New and Everlasting Covenant of marriage, and he commits adultery then his wife and children are to be given to another man who has been faithful. There is no reason to believe the man has to already be married, but neither is there any reason to believe he could not be married.

So as I see it, the 2BC teaches "Polygyny when necessary".

If you really want to discuss this in detail, you could join this yahoo group which studies the 2BC revelations:

SecondBookOfCommandments Yahoo group

Richard

Where does this say that this will be fulfilled in this life? And.. when I asked the first presidency about temple sealing etc... my direct answer from Hinkley's staff (doubt he sent it himself) said all things about how Heavenly Father will assemble celestial families has yet to be revealed. (In response to my question if I was still sealed to my spouse and we divorced...was I stuck with him for eternity!)

• Replies 321
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Im an agnostic mormon

Hey, If you're agnostic you're not mormon. Jesus said to Simon, "Simon, behold, Satan hath desired to have you, that he may sift you as wheat: But I have prayed for thee, that thy faith fail not: and when thou art converted, strengthen thy brethren." This was when Simon was an apostle. He wasn't truly converted. Anyway, if you want to know for sure, ask the guy upstairs^. That's what I did.

• 4 weeks later...
Good Morning everyone ... This is my first time posting to this forum. I am a member of the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter Day Saints. I am so very grateful to be able to say this. I searched for so long for the true Church, but, I knew in my heart that it was out "there" and when I found it, I knew it was true! I have been a member on thgis site for 4 years, but, have not been to the forums for a couple of years and definitely not since the revamping! It looks wonderful! Greeat job Heather! :) By the way, my name is Dee and I joined the Church in 2003 along with my Grand-daughter, on August 11th! Unfortunatly, she is now in-active, alnog with her Mom. but, I will pray for them and look forward to the day when they return! :) Have a wonderful day!

I was raised protestantic and when I was 20 I joined the discussions with

Jehovas Witnesses. And I learned about the apostacy. After two years I

felt a coldness in the relation and stopped the meetings.

Half a year later two LDS-Missionaries came to my door and from the

first discusion on I felt the strong power of the Holy Ghost.

I was born into a very strong Roman Catholic Family.

Circumstances beyond the control of my family made it possible for me to be baptized into the LDS Church, into a branch in Chugiak Alaska when I was 12.

My family and extended family "had a cow."

After that, I had had two of my aunts join the Church, one of which served in the Seattle Temple many years before her death.

My Mother and brothers and sister joined the church back in the 60's.

I ran a little wild back in the mid to late 60's coming back about 68/69.

I really like what Traveler wrote "Personally I do not believe in religion - I do believe in covenants.

By covenant I am a Saint of the Last days and a disciple of Jesus Christ after the order of Melchizedek"

I want to jump up and down saying "me too, me too."

I am a proud member of the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter Day Saints and with those brave folks of Antioch a long time ago I am proud to be called a Christian.

A Christian in the seance of those who in the days after the deaths of the Apostles, held out for their testimony for the Lords sake and loved not their own lives in preserving the truth among themselves even when the world was against them.

That spirit was again on the earth in the mid 1800s.

I am one of these.

I feel like I am more Spiritual then Religious.

But forever LDS;)

Bro. Rudick

As you all know I am new here.

Sometimes it gets a little confusing reading everyone's posts since some people I'm not sure if they're mormon or not.

So, please post your religion as well as answering the poll.

That way I can just know and therefore have an idea of what to expect. :)

Thanks!

Magically right-click on the person's name in their post.

Go to view profile. The person's religion should be right there.

Not everyone has filled their information in, but for a lot of posters, you can check. Most of your more frequent posters are going to have their profile filled in. (This is the BIG HINT, if you haven't filled it in, go do it!)

I am LDS, a convert of 29 years come April 25 2009!

Happy 29:)

Hay, not stepping on you. Love everone of your tags but your last one brought a thought to my mind.

Tee, hee.

And that take a lot of doin':D

"Let us hear the conclusion of the whole matter: Fear God, and keep his commandments: for this is the whole duty of man. (Ecclesiastes 12:13)"

Very find slogan for the LDS but not too helpful in using it as scriptural proof for a Bible Believing non LDS Christian.

I will try to keep this short for I know I am on the wrong thread for this:confused:

You see, that is under the Mosaic Covenant and has nothing to do (they say) with the Paulicians under the Covenant of Grace.

We have to show them that a new dispensation has come with renewed opportunities.;)

Bro. Rudick

Edited by JohnnyRudick
Try to fix punctuation:-(

I believe she was a Christian Scientist, not a Gnostic.

Yes, but the "Christian Scientists" are Gnostic especially Mary Baker Eddy, in her doctrinal approach to all is "Maya" to doctrine.

She may not have used the term "Maya" but the doctrine is similar.

Bro. Rudick

Edited by JohnnyRudick
Spelling

I am not familiar with her, nor her teachings.

That's OK:)

Ya gotta understand I have studied so many "ways to get to "Heaven". that when I see certain things "bells go off and I just "have to ask":D

Love ya Brother;)

In Christ, (preferibly my Christ:), the Lords Christ:D)

Bro. Rudick

There is only one Christ. :)

Well, We know that.

Just like it is also true that there is only One God.

But we know what that means also.

But the Scriptures say, (and you have to read it from a different perspective) that their are many christs.

Jesus is often asked if He is the Lords Christ.

And John the Reveloter points out that Jesus is the Lord's Christ.

You see there are anti-christs and their will rise a One who will recveal himself to be the Christ that the world will follow.

John wants us to be sure that Jesus is the Real Lords Christ.

Yes, there is only one Christ.

And there is only One God.

But you must also know that their are many gods and many christs:p

Bro. Rudick

That's OK:)

Ya gotta understand I have studied so many "ways to get to "Heaven". that when I see certain things "bells go off and I just "have to ask":D

Love ya Brother;)

In Christ, (preferibly my Christ:), the Lords Christ:D)

Bro. Rudick

Personally, I find them a little bit new age fluff ball. :D

Love, light, and life to you also Bro. ;)

Personally, I find them a little bit new age fluff ball. :D

Love, light, and life to you also Bro. ;)

Yeah:p

But, the Bible warns us that these nuts like Marianne Williamson and others will flourish at this time and I believe they are preparing the way for the "One" who will give us real grief.

Bro. Rudick