Attachment Parenting/Continuum Concept

Elgama

i got a new toy!!! lol

Playtex Hip Hammock - Black - Playtex - Babies "R" Us

the shoulder strap is actually wide and cuped so it stays on your shoulder, it dosen't pull on your neck like it would appear there. and you can keep it on your waist and roll it up when not being used (kinda like a fanny pack). i've tried a lot of the other carriers and i've not liked them. i can use this one for long periods of time, standing or sitting. just thought i'd share. :)

Coming from a family of eight children - so we take societies best methods of parenting skills and give it name and write a book? What is there to be gain? I am the inventor of such? Even Newton was not the first to figure out the Law of Gravity but admittedly the world gives him the credit whether in media or educational books. For me, I never heard it and never read it. Yet, this reminds me of looking back with Doctor Benjamin Spock [Raising Kids in a Changing World] own claims as to know how to raise children when in fact, his own family was a complete failure.

What we fail the most being parents, is not listening to the Spirit when it comes to develop parenting skills for each child. Using such promptings, we learn a far great deal more than those who gather facts and write a book. It seems we place too much emphasis in world to help us than to rely on the Spirit. Ranting? Perhaps! I only learn it from the best - my own companion - that did a wonderful job in raising such and noting her reliance on the spirit is always manifested.

Just another added opinion I guess....

I like the word instictual parent. There are so many different things that work for different people, that all have the same "feel" to them.

Exactly! One of finnish child psychiatrists said that "the child brings the manual with him". So each child is different and only the child can "tell" you how to handle them. (But I still don't think that spanking works for anyone, and neither does this psychiatrist). Even though it sounds unbelievable some baby's don't like to be held that much.

Unfortunately, spanking does work. It worked for me as a child and it worked for my three older ones who remember those experiences when we get together and talked about old times.

Do not doubt the words of Proverbs which speaks about this principle of not sparing the rod. This maybe the culprit that failed Spocks own family….in not doing so.

It sounds nice but youve got to be able to give them their freedom too, just like Cherrybrook was saying with not following one concept too literally. My daughter is nearly 11 and is still having issues with going to sleep on her own, not because of a bad event or anything, it is because she was cuddled to sleep everynight for the first two years and spent everynight with a parent. I think that showing a child constant love is great, slings etc I am all for, but at night I really needed to put my foot down and place her in her own cot.