prophet's children

Guest Kamperfoelie

Guest User-Removed
Hidden

Heather...Are you comfortable when the lie in wait to decieve????

Lie upon lie...Decept upon Decept seems to be the focus of some.

I've complained for months about a certain chatter...everyone told me I should welcome said chatter with open arms...and love him cause he's "Christian"...

Finally, one day he bragged in the open chat how he'd lured 9 members of the Church away....

Even at that, I heard from people that the moderator who had the courage to ban the guy, took flak for it.

Guest Kamperfoelie

right at the very beginning of this thread i asked a simple one-line question, out of curiosity. Hardly did i imagine it would lead to WW3.

MDS i ve seen your posts on other threads and feel you are very earnest and well-willing; they struck me as well thought out, and i assume from them, you have a close walk with God.

If you are under the impression anyone here is out to preach the spirit of contention, why don t you say an earnest prayer on it, to ask to know the truth of your suspicions. And how to act on the truth you're given?

Just out of curiosity: does the line of Joseph Smith survive to this day, and are any or all them still active in the church?

I thought you might find this article interesting:

BYU NewsNet - BYU student told he fulfills prophecy

I've met Mike Kennedy, who is now the President of the Joseph Smith Jr. Family Association. His conversion story is pretty amazing. Though I may not not get it exactly right, he was a teenager and had a school assignment to write about an ancestor. When he asked his dad, he was told that one of his ancestors started a church and there was a box with some things about him in the attic. Mike went upstairs, brought the box down and started looking through some things, including a picture of Joseph Smith. As he was looking at it, there was a knock at the door--two young LDS missionaries stood at the door. The missionaries noticed the picture of Joseph Smith and began to answer the questions that Mike had about his ancestor. I guess the rest is history!

Personally i like President W. Grant McMurray. He suffered from Parkinson's. Plus he felt whatever sin he was guilty of prevented him from continuing in office. The D.&C. say's a president of the church can be in transgression. Why would the Lord give a way to try a president of the church in a church court if that could never happen? Ex-communication is one way to handle it, but resignation is another way to handle it.

I was under the impression that the Lord would not let a prophet commit any sin that serious, that the prophet would die before committing a sin like that. I recall a scripture about this, I think from Sunday School a few years back... anyone care to help me out? I'm just curious. Or Dale, do you believe that particular doctrine wouldn't count in your church's case?