Thank you to all posters. :)

This just a general thank you to all of you that have so patiently answered each of my questions. Some of you were so thoughtful with your answers and you caused me to go and look more into your answers. I will add all of your insights to further my understanding of lds so that for me personally I do not spread lies about lds doctrine.

Things I learned about Lds that I did not know before:

1. I am encourged by your drive for truth

2. Some of the things in LDS that do get made fun of by outsiders is really due to not really understanding why it is your doctrine.

3. You seem to know your scriptures much more then I would have originaly thought.:) Good thing.

4. I am encourged by your family values and have witnessed this in person as well.

I am so happy I moved to a mormon community. I look forward to all the friendships I will make and have made in this faith and I am sure I will learn more as I get to know them even more. So, thank you again to those of you that wanted to respectfully educate me on what you believed to be true. :)

This just a general thank you to all of you that have so patiently answered each of my questions. Some of you were so thoughtful with your answers and you caused me to go and look more into your answers. I will add all of your insights to further my understanding of lds so that for me personally I do not spread lies about lds doctrine.

2. Some of the things in LDS that do get made fun of by outsiders is really due to not really understanding why it is your doctrine.

3. You seem to know your scriptures much more then I would have originaly thought.:) Good thing.

4. I am encourged by your family values and have witnessed this in person as well.

I am so happy I moved to a mormon community. I look forward to all the friendships I will make and have made in this faith and I am sure I will learn more as I get to know them even more. So, thank you again to those of you that wanted to respectfully educate me on what you believed to be true. :)

Thank you. Your shared thoughts are evidence of your walk with Christ.

We're "just people" -- thank you for seeing that and being patient with us.

Hope to continue seeing you around in the forums.

Tom

• 3 months later...

To lostnfound: I wish to comment on your musings of the church.

As to the first: the church has always had a desire to know the truth, Joseph Smith (the first prophet of the church) had several friends of different religions. He also said that we should fight, not only for our church, but for the rights of other religions.

As to the second: this is easy to counter, all you have to do is to tell people what you believe, and to spread it as far as you can. Just go to the July 2008 Ensign: http://www.lds.org/ldsorg/v/index.jsp?vgnextoid=ccb1d48fa58db010VgnVCM1000004d82620aRCRD&locale=0&sourceId=6fc43645a2cba110VgnVCM100000176f620a____ it’s full of what Elder Ballard calls ‘new media’. Hey, what I’m doing now is ‘new media’. lol!

To the third: every week we have Sunday School, and for two years, we learn from the Bible. The scriptures are the center to who we are.

To the fourth: we have high family values since we believe that we can be together, as families, forever.