Specific Stake Counsel

MorningStar

We have a new brother coming from stake now and he was telling us about how he converted. It was very interesting. He also talked a bit about it when he got a heart attac and died, but was to his great dismay ordered back. He told that dying is nothing to be afraid of and that he went through the tunnel to the light. And ofcourse he testified of the BM and church.

Ok not trying to be rude here but if I got specific council from my Stake Presidency it wouldn't apply to any of you all seeing as you don't belong to my stake. That is the point of Stake Conference. The presidency addresses issues that it feels are needed by the members of that particular stake. Any comments there are not intended to be binding upon all members of the church and of course any thing taught shouldn't go against general church doctrine.

So I guess my point is that while it is interesting to know that in FunkyMonkey's stake the president doesn't want you wearing jean skirts to church, that in no way means that I can't wear jean skirts to my own meetings. Except that I am a guy and that means I probably shouldn't, but anyway.

We have a nosy sister that gets up every few months and uses testimony meeting as a chance to harp on people for wearing jeans in the chapel. She also once said something about peeing on trees, but I was only half listening.

Our Stake once gave us specific council that a CO state ballot measure to legalize marijuana for medicinal use was a plan of the adversary.

LM

We have a nosy sister that gets up every few months and uses testimony meeting as a chance to harp on people for wearing jeans in the chapel. She also once said something about peeing on trees, but I was only half listening.

Our Stake once gave us specific council that a CO state ballot measure to legalize marijuana for medicinal use was a plan of the adversary.

LM

Thank goodness we have been receiving counsel about what is and what is not an acceptable testimony. Lately, we have been told to be brief and to the point and to only talk about deficits if they are our own.

Ok not trying to be rude here but if I got specific council from my Stake Presidency it wouldn't apply to any of you all seeing as you don't belong to my stake. That is the point of Stake Conference. The presidency addresses issues that it feels are needed by the members of that particular stake. Any comments there are not intended to be binding upon all members of the church and of course any thing taught shouldn't go against general church doctrine.

So I guess my point is that while it is interesting to know that in FunkyMonkey's stake the president doesn't want you wearing jean skirts to church, that in no way means that I can't wear jean skirts to my own meetings. Except that I am a guy and that means I probably shouldn't, but anyway.

So true! Our stake is a Microsoft area, so there are lots of issues with people being addicted to their technological gadgets and games because so many people have them.