Oh Brother

AndrewCothran

I guess I could say Brother Smith the younger...or Brother Smith the Oldest...and so forth.

or Bro. Bennett and Bro. Bennett Jr. LOL How about Bro. Bubba!!! :lol:

I think the Bro. Bob and Sis. Emily works in a small town Ward where everyone, like Tough said, is somehow related, (;)) and where most of us grew up together. In a large Ward one would probably not have that feeling of 'intimacy', thus the use of ones first name might be found offensive. In my large Ward in Naples, I did not know anyone well enough to be on a first name basis, in fact, I only knew their last names. :( Not an overly friendly Ward, for sure.

How about we start calling each other brother and sister. So let's see. Brother Ghostrider, Sister Truegrits, Sister Iggy, Brother Prodigal_Son, Okay well maybe not. Sounds kind of silly. hehe

Iggy, Actually I am in the Seattle metro area, not in the Seattle stake at all.

But the Seattle temple is my temple here. Only I don't know why we call it the Seattle temple. Cuz it's in Bellvue.

SoJ

Thanks. In 2001, my Sister and I went to the Seattle Temple so that I could be sealed to our parents. She stood proxy for our Mom. My little brother was to stand proxy for Dad - but he couldn't (no recommend). I was living on the Oregon Coast then, and chose the Seattle Temple because Mom had done all of the immediate family temple work there.

I was endowed in the Portland Temple, and sealed to my Darling in the Mesa Temple.

When I was in a Branch, it came easy to call the members Sis/Bro Last Name, then when you saw each other outside of Church to call them by their first names. The population of the town where I lived was barely 2000 - and we also called our peers by their first names too. Even the Mayor and the Chief of Police.