Is there a doctor in the house?

Guest GhostRider

Guest GhostRider

Ok. If ya read my blog you know the reason for this post...

What is the best for pulled muscles is heat or is it ice? Have a few muscles that um got beat up saturday night and cant remember. Thanks all!!

Actually, the information shows there is no one remedy...it is which one works best for you.

There is the ice pack remedy; the dry heat (heat pad); the moist heat, such as a warm water soak or a hot towel wrapped around the area; some recommend NO unnecessary use of said muscles and some experts say mild exercise is beneficial. Also the creams, hot or icy, are recommended.

So, just pick one, and see if it helps; if not, try another.

Guest GhostRider

lol....thanks...just trying to make it through work...lol...tried the towle...that helps. but cant do it at work...and...am running out of towles!!! lol...thanks all!

are you using a hot towel? one trick if you want something warm, head down to your local pharmacy and (you may get looks) but pick up some of the sticky heat pads. they're in the womens area and commonly used to put on the abdomen of a woman suffering menstrual cramps. but we use them at work for all our sore muscles. not sure if they have a specific pad like that, but if you can find one not in the womens section get that. otherwise...i'd go with that...if you don't mind gettin the looks ;)

Usually right after the injury you should use ice. It constricts the blood vessels and keeps the blood out of the damaged tissues. After 24 hours it is alternating hot and then cold. That allows the moving out of old blood, heat, and cold constricts it again.

Aleve is a great anti inflammatory. When needed I take 3. I can feel it take effect in 20 minutes.

Ben Raines

"Ice down the muscle in increments of 20 minutes...20 minutes of ice on the muscle, 20 minutes with no ice, and repeat. Continue with this "Ice On, Ice Off " ...

" Some physical therapists recommend heat as well as ice.

Evening is a good time ....Apply the heat for a single session of 20 minutes. Soak the area in a tub of hot water for ten minutes. Heat will bring extra blood circulation to the area and will decrease the possibility of muscle spasm."

"You could also use massage to help ease the pain. You could do it dry, use muscle rub, or use rubbing alcohol and just rub it in until soaks in or the alcohol evaporates."

"Remember to be very careful and try to stay off the muscle as much as you can."

Guest GhostRider

Thanks all...been a little fun at work but gutted it out. The ice helped. also used some icy hot to get through work. but at home I used the ice at home. and alot of it!

Usually right after the injury you should use ice. It constricts the blood vessels and keeps the blood out of the damaged tissues. After 24 hours it is alternating hot and then cold. That allows the moving out of old blood, heat, and cold constricts it again.

Aleve is a great anti inflammatory. When needed I take 3. I can feel it take effect in 20 minutes.

Ben Raines

Aleve is a wonderful thing. It's becoming a great friend of mine.

• 2 months later...

Ok. If ya read my blog you know the reason for this post...

What is the best for pulled muscles is heat or is it ice? Have a few muscles that um got beat up saturday night and cant remember. Thanks all!!

Hi ghostrider I am a member of the church and have healed myself from many afflictions with herbs that God has made for the use of mankind as stated in the WORD OF WISDOM.

For strained muscles buy Hilde Hemmes Comfrey cream as I severly pulled muscles in my back right shoulder and pain was so bad, rubbed the cream into it and within 20 minutes pain was gone and never came back.

Also buy some calcium and magnesium tablets as magnesium is a muscle relaxent this will also help.

I have been studying to be a naturopath for 23 years and with the help of Heavenly fathers knowledge have been taught many things pertaining to our health while here in mortality and they all work.

God has created a herb for every illness known to mankind for us and to strenghten our bodies and I am so surprised that not many of his children use them.

Even Joseph Smith was a doctor of natural medicine and used herbs and did not trust in doctors after revelation from GOD telling not to trust them only in the herbal Kingdom.

SUSIE

Hidden

Hi ghostrider I am a member of the church and have healed myself from many afflictions with herbs that God has made for the use of mankind as stated in the WORD OF WISDOM.

For strained muscles buy Hilde Hemmes Comfrey cream as I severly pulled muscles in my back right shoulder and pain was so bad, rubbed the cream into it and within 20 minutes pain was gone and never came back.

Also buy some calcium and magnesium tablets as magnesium is a muscle relaxent this will also help.

I have been studying to be a naturopath for 23 years and with the help of Heavenly fathers knowledge have been taught many things pertaining to our health while here in mortality and they all work.

God has created a herb for every illness known to mankind for us and to strenghten our bodies and I am so surprised that not many of his children use them.

Even Joseph Smith was a doctor of natural medicine and used herbs and did not trust in doctors after revelation from GOD telling not to trust them only in the herbal Kingdom.

SUSIE

Willard Richards was a doctor and herbalist.