Hello

The_Seeker

I am still fairly new to the Church, been a member for just about a year now. Previous to becoming a Mormon I was a Methodist, a Jehovah's Witness, and a Deist who slowly worked my way back to Christianity.

I've been lurking for a few months, and I'm looking forward to joining in on all the interesting discussions you have going on here. :)

Thanks!

hello Seeker,:P

Welcome to the site, Its nice to have so many new members join. I have a sister-in law that is Jehovah's witness and a friend that is methodist. I haven't hears of the other one though,

a Deist??

Rainofgold:p

Oddly enough I first heard the term Deist in a JW talk, not long after I'd become disenchanted with the religion. The speaker explained a Deist's concept of God as a watchmaker that creates a watch and then walks off to leave it ticking away by itself.

So, a Deist (as I understand the term anyway) is someone who believes in God and also believes that God created the universe and everything in it. At this point God just sits back to watch what happens. At least that's how I imagined things at the time. :cool:

I am still fairly new to the Church, been a member for just about a year now. Previous to becoming a Mormon I was a Methodist, a Jehovah's Witness, and a Deist who slowly worked my way back to Christianity.

I've been lurking for a few months, and I'm looking forward to joining in on all the interesting discussions you have going on here. :)

Welcome to the site!

Hey the_seeker,

Pammy, although great and all is not winning the football pickem thing. Just in case you were wondering. So there u go.

Must you announce that to the world? :P:eek:

Welcome - I'd love to hear your conversion story.

Hmm... I might post about that one day. I'll have to think about it.

Where would one post such a thing here?

I guess in the Prayers and Testimonies forum. Or here would probably be fine if you wanted to.

I don't usually go through the main forums page so I don't even know about all the different forum categories- I usually just search for new posts. :)

Hmm... I might post about that one day. I'll have to think about it.

Where would one post such a thing here?

Many post on profile or in a special part called Personam beliefs = testimonials. You have to remember to choose the right category for it.