Lakers

Dr T

Another Lakers LOSS. :( Wow, I'm not used to this. Magic is right, "This is not Laker basketball." Since Pau has out with tendinitis in both knees, we've won only once in five games. We are NINE games behind the Western leaders in the loss column. :( I'm guessing many people are happy with my boys stats. Tonight's game ended with a 94-100 Cavs victory. Kobe had 42-points, Howard added 19 points and 20 rebounds and Ron Artest had 13 points and 9 boards. Overall it was a poor showing. Kobe cannot carry the whole team! He is amazing and very skilled but come on. We need Pau back and we will see what happens when Nash returns too. This is depressing. We turned it over like a million times, and lost to a team that was 4 and 17! Come on boys...

We visit the Eastern Conference-leading New York Knicks tonight. This will be coach Mike D'Antoni's first game against the Knicks since his resignation in March. Carmelo was one of his biggest critics while coaching there and Magic does not support how he sees my boys playing either. The Knicks are 16-5 and have not lost in New York at all this season. We give up too many opponent points. We are struggling and I do not expect that to change tonight. This is a long losing slide. :( I hope it stops soon and we turn it around. D'Antoni may be considering looking at his system and maybe slowing it down. We shall see.

We did get a win last night. We took on Washington with a 102-96 final. Washington has the lowest record in the NBA. We won but it was not a blow out. Meeks had a season high 24 points, Kobe had 30 points and Howard had another double-double. I'll take this win. I want more wins.

My boys won back to back in our last two games. We took on Philly last night and walked away with a 111-98 win. Kobe had 34 points with 6 assists while Ron-Ron and Dwight both had double-doubles. Artest had 19 points and 16 rebounds and DH had 17 and 11 rebounds. I'll take this win too. We have a long way to go but I'm happy with the last two wins even though they were not teams with a great record.

Steve Nash and Pau both practiced today. :) Nash has an eye toward playing on Christmas day. We play the NYK I'm not sure if he'll be ready to play full ball then because he sounds so hesitant. We shall see. I'm glad they made it back onto the court at least :D

We fell way behind and had a 30-4 run to come back in this game and win 101-100. Kobe had 30 points to lead the Lakers, Howard had 16 points and 18 boards and Pau had 10 points, 9 rebounds and 4 blocks in his first game back from tendonitis. I'm happy with the win but we should not have had that hard a time with the Bobcats.

The big news for me what the return of Nash. I really like how he plays, his skill and how he improves other players. His first game since Oct 31 was against Golden State. We always have a hard time against them for some reason. This time Kobe had 34 points and 10 rebounds, Ron Artest had 20 points and Steve Nash had 12 points and 9 assists in his return. We fell way behind in the fourth and were able to come back to win 118-115 in OT last night. We have won 4 in a row but start to play better teams and our next one is against Mello.

100-94 Lakers victory over the Knicks! I'll take it! In New York, Kobe had 34 points and Ron Artest had 20 points. Steve Nash and Dwight Howard both had double-doubles. Howard had 14 points and 12 rebounds while Nash had 16 points and 11 assists. I'm happy with this win. WTG Lakers!

Our 5 gave win streak was snapped last night in a 126-111 loss to the Nuggets. The five we one where not the strongest (except for Knicks) Kobe scored 40 points and had 6 assists. He has scored 30 or more points in 10th consecutive games. Steve Nash added 15 points and 8 assists and Dwight was ejected for a flagrant 2. We have a lot of work to do with our superstars... :(

In a 104-87 victory over the Blazers, Kobe had 27 points while Howard put in 21 and had 14 rebounds. Pau had 15 points and 9 rebounds and Nash had 10 assists. The Lakers seemed to have fun during this game. I'll take the win to put us back at .500.

2013 starts today and my boys are back on the hard wood to face the 6ers. We are at 15-15 and the 76ers are at 14-17. If we win it will be our 4th straight home game and 7th in the last 8. Philly started the season strong but are having more difficulty now and we had a weak start but are SLOWLY getting stronger. I don't even know if I want to call it stronger yet because our wins have not been all that strong. I just want to win and keep winning. We'll see what happens tonight. Go LAKERS!

We are having a hard time getting above .500 :( Our latest loss came against the Sixers last night. Kobe put in 36 points and 6 rebounds), Ron-Ron had 13 points and 9 boards while Pau had 11 points and 9 rebounds and Nash had 12 points and 10 assists in our 109-99 loss. We face the Clippers Friday night. The Clips have been playing very well. We will see how we make out. GO LAKERS-GO!

I do too Gar! I'm from LA. An old boss I had was a stat keeper for the Clippers and I would tease him saying, "At least you keep stats because nobody else goes to watch them." It is a different story now. They are great. I would love to win Friday night. :) We can do it.

My boys 15-16 visit the Los Angeles Clippers 25-8 at STAPLES Center tonight. Tip is at 7:30pm PT. I think it is amazing how they convert the floor from the Lakers to the Clippers so quickly. Same arena, two different teams floor. We are 9 games back. I'm not used to this poor positioning. :(

Edited by Dr T