Lakers

Dr T

I'm appreciating your involvement in our boys. :) I'm sorry they were only cable stations. I do not have cable or TV for that matter. I thought the sportsnet option might have been an internet option. I think we squealed out last night's game but I will take it. Howard came out to play last night.

Kobe Bryant led all scorers with 40 points as the Lakers beat the Trail Blazers 111-107 at home Friday night. Dwight Howard added 19 points and 16 rebounds, while Antawn Jamison led the reserves with 16 points and 6 rebounds.

above from lakers.com. We face the Mavs on Sunday afternoon in Dallas. We had 6 players in double digits last night. I like when a number of players put up numbers. We will see Dirk for the first time this season tomorrow. Edited by Dr T
corrected afternoon

Our boys went cold at the end of the first half missing their last 6 shots and the Mavs pulled even at the half. We were still cold to start the second half and were able to come from bend in the 4th quarter to pull out a win on the road 103-99. We won our third straight since the all-star break. Kobe scored a game-high 38 points with 14 in the fourth and had 12 rebounds and 7 assists. Howard was in foul trouble right away. He had 13 rebounds and 9 points. Nash had 20 points. Meeks had 11 points and Jamison had 13 points. With this win, we made up half a game in our race to make it into the playoffs.

We play Denver tomorrow. The team flew right from afternoon's game to get there. Playing at that altitude is difficult. The Nuggets are second in the North West. We have our work cut out for us. Kobe guaranteed the other day that we will be in the play offs. He said we will do well in the play offs too.

Kobe was named player of the week today. From lakers.com:

he Lakers’ Kobe Bryant today was named Western Conference Players of the Week, for games played Tuesday, Feb. 19 through Sunday, Feb. 24. Bryant led the Lakers to a 3-0 week, averaging 31.3 ppg, and added 7.7 rebounds and 6.0 assists. Congratulations Kobe!!

Dr. T, I wasn't able to get the game via ESPNLA, but I was able to read the summary of the game and the tough lose to Denver. Perhaps, Kobe is trying to shoulder too much of the game for the team, I don't know. However, I do know that he deserves the title of, Mr. Inspiration, for his efforts to motivate the team. He picked up his 14th Tech foul, which shows me that the pressure to win could be hurting him there. I read where he has gotten several tech fouls in the past and barely made it to the end of the regular BB season without having to sit out a game. When I coached BB, I was lucky that I didn’t get a tech foul called, and I know it is difficult to keep quiet when you have a good reason to rise and shout. Let's see, who do we play next?

Next up is T.Wolves in LA.

===

Last night we didn't play the best nor did we play the worst. We let it happen though.

Kobe Bryant scored 29 points and Dwight Howard had a double-double, but the Lakers' three-game winning streak ended in a 119-108 loss to the Denver Nuggets Monday at the Pepsi Center. Metta World Peace and Howard each added 15 points.

quote from lakers.com

With 24 games left in the regular season, the Lakers (28-30) look to start a run with a win in tonight's matchup against the Minnesota Timberwolves (20-34). Tip is set for 7:30 pm PT from STAPLES Center. From Lakers.com

Kobe Bryant's 33 points, including four 3-pointers, led the Lakers to a 116-94 win over the visiting Timberwolves. A strong bench effort from Jodie Meeks (16 points) and Antawn Jamison (17 points, eight rebounds) helped the Lakers to their win.

Overall, we played well last game. They struggled with plays so we took the win. We are improving. We still have a long way to go but we are improving. We face Atlanta Sunday night. They are playing very well so it will be a good test for us. Keep it up Lakers!

Dr. T, I was able to watch the game!! I was thrilled to see the Lakers play so well. Howard and Kobe are simply awesome. I know that there were many star players on past Lakers teams, but as I watched those two players handle the ball I was reminded of bygone days. Way to go Lakers!! Let's hope that they play inspired BB with Atlanta. Hope I can find it with my limited cable. Gar

That is a start Pale one. We are starting to play better. If we are able to make it to the playoffs in the 8th seed (I do not see us making it any hire) then we play the 1 seed. Say we do make it into the playoffs. What team do we want to face first?

That is a start Pale one. We are starting to play better. If we are able to make it to the playoffs in the 8th seed (I do not see us making it any hire) then we play the 1 seed. Say we do make it into the playoffs. What team do we want to face first?

If they can get on a roll it wont matter what team they play.

YES! Pale I feel we can beat all others when we are on a roll. We have a long history of believing. We are winners. We are champions. The Lakers play for championships, anything less is not what we aim for.

With 12 wins in the last 17 games, the Lakers (29-30) host the Atlanta Hawks (33-24) tonight at STAPLES Center. Tip-off is scheduled for 6:30pm PT.

The Hawks won three straight before losing to the Suns in Phoenix. They play pretty well and are one of the top teams in the East. They have good D and good offense. They average 97 points per game. We need to come out to play and keep clicking. We need to watch transition defense to make this game work for us.

We lost a 16 point lead in the fourth quarter of tonight's game. I was on pins and needles during the last nine clicks of the clock. Kobe put in the last six points and our last two with 9 seconds remaining. Blake stole the pass from the Hawks to pull this one out! Kobe had 34 points, Nash played very well with 15 points and 10 assists in this 99-98 win tonight. The ATL are not a team that give games away much so we needed to be on point tonight. We did it and are still in the running. WTG Lakers!