Lakers

Dr T

Rondo is awesome.  I've always like him (even though he is on the wrong teams) ;)  

I wanted Love too but nope, it didn't happen.

Yes but DeRozen is a dirty player.  He put his foot under Kobe to twist his ankle on purpose.

I think they will be comparable when they start to click.  It is somewhat of a competition skills/big dog thing jealousy issue perhaps.  When it comes to winning I think they will figure "it's time to do what it takes to win.  They are pretty tough players in the East.  

Boozer was not my favorite player before but I know he can be tough.  He has been getting to the ball and playing like a good all around player as evidenced by his two double-doubles.  I hope he keeps doing it.  

Guest MormonGator

What part are you talking about, LBJs anger and cussing at his team or being "a fragile team" or something else?  They are better than I thought they'd be, good players on that squad.  

All of that really. I thought they'd be better than this. Granted, it's still early, but I think they have serious problems. Love seems disinterested and Irving is thinking he's top dog. The coach has lost complete control of the team and I'm not sure they can turn it around. 

John Wall made Irving look foolish. 

Edited by MormonGator

Guest MormonGator

Down went another Laker.  "Xavier Henry suffered an injury to his left Achilles tenon in Monday’s practice. An MRI revealed a ruptured left Achilles tendon."  from Lakers.com

:-(

Regardless of team I've always thought it was sad when a player goes down. Look at Derrick Rose. 

• 2 weeks later...

Hello Mormongator,

Sorry for the delay.  I was in LA for 10 days and when I returned I could not log in.  My boys dropped the next 3 games in a continued show of ineptness.  :(  We are playing Sacramento tonight.  It is getting close to the end and my team is losing.  We'll see how it turns out.  

From Lakers.com 

Kobe 30 Behind Third All-Time
When Kobe Bryant entered the NBA as a rookie in 1996, he was already in a 24,489-point hole behind Michael Jordan. But 18 years later, Bryant now sits just 30 points behind Jordan for third on the NBA’s all-time scoring list.

Jordan added 7,803 more points before retiring for the third and final time, giving him a 32,292-point total. But Bryant, who has 32,262, is now within striking distance of Jordan’s spot behind Kareem Abdul-Jabbar (38,387) and Karl Malone (36,928).

Entering Friday’s contest against the San Antonio Spurs, Bryant is second among all players this season with 25.5 points per game. He has also surpassed 30 points in six of his 22 games this year.

The 16-time all-star scored a season-low nine points against San Antonio on Nov. 14. If he does not pass Jordan against the Spurs, he will have another shot on Sunday versus the Minnesota Timberwolves.

Edited by Dr T

Lakers vs Spurs tonight.  Lin played well. Hill had 14 points and 10 rebounds, and Young with 29 points while Kobe scored 22 and in spite of a poor fourth (like we too often do) we walked away with a 112-110 win in OT in San Antone 

I just watched Kobe's rant from practice with a balizzion bleeps because of his foul language.  I have zero respect for that.  Be a man, can thing but clean up the language and show some respect.  Respect for other players, the media and yourself.  

Guest MormonGator

Kobe is actually a bit underrated. The guy is in the top five players in history, hands down. Jordan, Bird, Oscar Robertson and Kobe. That's without thinking about it a great deal. 

The Celtics lost to the Knicks. The Knicks!! How sad. 

I agree that he is great and in the top in history for sure.  Yes that is hard to loose to them this season based on how they've played so far.  It is a tough loss and it is important to look at the come back in that game for things that were done well.  It was a tough game and you can't ignore Mello.  He is a tough player.  

in tonights game Kobe replaced MJ for the third most points in NBA history.  We took this one 100-94 over the Wolves.  This our third in a row and we play again tomorrow night in Indi. We need to continue winning.  We are 13.5 back.  

I wonder what will come of the police video cameras that 700 (to start) in Los Angeles will turn out?  I wonder if it will harm the officers? I wonder if they will help in any way?  I wonder how the public with treat them?  I wonder if they will be used in negative ways? I wonder if they will help or harm?