About temple dresses

I am not sure where I should have put this one, but since there is one on garments so why not.....

Some time ago they made Templedresses of really nice material that you could pack in your suitcase and take it out and it was almost not wrinkled at all... I need some advice. I need a new Temple dress and I would love it to be easy to travell with. The one I made is getting old (story in my profile). I think it is best to buy a dress where I have room for more or less of me what ever I need. I have one that I grew out from:huh:, and the one I made where is a lot of room.

So anyone know of the materials of the new dresses, which would wrinkle least. I have heard they all wrinkle pretty good... and I dont like ironing any specially... and most certainly wont travel with the iron! Someone might take it as a warhead...:eek:

The Finnish Temple is not renting out clothes and that is difficult for me and many others. I also keep forgetting parts of my clothing in the Temple, especially Sweden, as I am used to rent there! How is it with SL Temple and Temples in general. I know they rented dresses in Sweden any way and probably do that stil. I like that is ... easier for me. :D

i find the basic one they have had forever (so i assume they still have it) though ugly lol is the best for practicality. it fits the shoulders and the rest is a tent from there, made of some synthetic material. not the most comfy but it fit me at 130 lbs when i first started going to the temple and at ... i won't say.... when i was 9 months prego. iron, lol i don't iron, and i'm not particularly maticulious about how i fold either. works for me.

My mom got me a temple dress that doesn't require any ironing whatsoever. I can fold it or even roll it into a ball into my temple bag and it comes out good as new every time. I am fairly sure she got it at the distribution center. I am not going to say it is the most fashionable dress, but it is very nice and would work on any figure.

I was looking in the distributer senter last time I was there, but my frend who works there said they all wrinkle pretty well. The older dresses were not to be found anywhere. She said ALL the new ones wrinkle! I also prefer a tent... :D And just to rollit in my Tempelbag! That would just be fantastic. Anyone what material are they, those that do not wrinkle? I wish I was of that material too... hmmmm:p

:lol:...Like Gwen, I do not iron. After a few times of renting the clothing, I bought a skirt/top combination. (I LOVE it) I keep mine in a garment bag, with the slip also on the hanger. In the bottom of the bag I have a couple of pairs of the stockings and the shoes. My "envelope" is also there. Keeping it all together, ready to go, saves me having to think about it when the time comes to go.

Mine always looks good...no wrinkles. We just carry our garment back over our arm when we enter the Temple.

The temple dresses rented by the temples are TENTS. . .they are tents for the very reason that women have a tendency to change their waist size during pregnancy. LOL Such is life! You can ask for a belt if the TENT feels too big.

As for fabrics that don't wrinkle. . .Most of the dresses from the distribution center do not wrinkle or if they do not terribly bad. I have three (I volunteer so I need more than one). All will wrinkle but I've never ironed one of them. . .I hang them up and the wrinkles fall out. I put my dress in the bag before going to the temple. If I forget to take it out and hang it up when I get home, then sometimes there's a fold crease down the front but it falls out before long.

The Distribution center has taken the wrinkle factor into consideration when choosing fabrics for temple clothes.

I'm sad to hear that the Finnish temple doesn't rent clothes. What do they do when people forget something? Or what does a sister do when she's preganant? I so understand the reasons why it might be better to not rent clothing. However, its difficult for people who travel to carry another bag for temple clothes. Here in Utah we have lots of out of state visitors and if we didn't rent clothinig then many wouldn't have the temple experience while traveling. I do abosulutely agree that people should have their own clothing for the temple and use it whenever possible. Not using your own clothes should be the exception not the rule, and there are exceptions: pregnancy, weight gain, forgetting on a stressful day, or maybe your husband spilled something on his white shirt at work.

I volunteer at the clothing desk and it can be very difficult some nights when a ward comes in and the majority of their members do not have their own temple clothes. Sometimes when people are in a hurry and there is a line they miss the session they are scheduled to be in. The stress of being late can disrupt the spirit of the temple. That can be resolved in two ways, 1) own your own temple clothes or 2) Give yourself enough time.

Ok. . . . I'm done. I think I rambled a bit.

I hope something in there was useful.

applepansy

I was looking in the distributer senter last time I was there, but my frend who works there said they all wrinkle pretty well. The older dresses were not to be found anywhere. She said ALL the new ones wrinkle! I also prefer a tent... :D And just to rollit in my Tempelbag! That would just be fantastic. Anyone what material are they, those that do not wrinkle? I wish I was of that material too... hmmmm:p

The fabrics are synthetics.

applepansy

White Elegance

this is my dress it is gorgeous never wrinkles comes out of washing machine nearly dry and there is nothing tent like about it, but it has done me about 8 months pregnant with room to spare the company were amazing as it was for my wedding dress and there had been a mixup with the postage they rushed a special delivery to get it to me on time and I could get it altered.

Prices are OK and delivery wasn't too bad to the UK but was 6 years ago its still same price I paid $69 which translates to £30

-Charley

Mailis,

You can order any of these dresses directly from lds.org and have it shipped directly to you (I believe) - here is the link:

Online Catalog - Women's Clothing=

Anything made of 100% Polyester will not stay wrinkled for very long. Your body temperature will 'iron' it out after a bit.

I can not tolerate the polyesters- so I go with 100% Cotton. I iron mine, then use a garment bag. Granted I only have to travel 50 miles in the car- so a garment bag works great. I am hunting around for a 100% cotton slip now too.

Thanks guys! I find this very helpful.

Charley thanks a lot. It is a beautiful simple dress! I seen them around. I think I`ll use that site to order. How ever I do check the Swedish and Finnish centers first.

My son is going to Temple soon too, his first time. I wonder, is it better to buy clothes for him too, or rent first? We will go to Sweden as that is our Temple.

Charley thanks a lot. It is a beautiful simple dress! I seen them around. I think I`ll use that site to order. How ever I do check the Swedish and Finnish centers first.

My son is going to Temple soon too, his first time. I wonder, is it better to buy clothes for him too, or rent first? We will go to Sweden as that is our Temple.

Is your son going for the first time because he's going on a mission?

applepansy

For first timers, the Church will give you a 50% discount on your Temple whites, when you purchase through them. If you order his via online,you will have to have your Bishop okay the order.

Go online and see what it says- then go from there.

I dont know much about wrinkle free material but we love cats, and your avatar {cat} is very cool!:)

Thanks! Yes... he will go on mission hopefully in august.

Congratulations to your son. It will be a wonderful time for him.

Before you buy temple clothing for your son, check with the temple where he will be

endowed. Here in Utah we do not encourage new missionaires to purchase their temple clothing until after they get home. They must have received their call.

There are valid reasons. longer used. They do no take their temple clothings with them on their mission and are often not in an area where its convenient for temple attendance. They are also there to teach the gospel. There are times they receive permission to attend with a family they have taught and baptized.

Here in Utah, Own Endowment (OE) Missionaries are rented the nice temple clothing free of charge. Then when they are on their mission and have the opportunity to go to the temple, the temple again gives them the clothing free for the entire time they are on their missions. This happens with foreign temples too, from what I've learned from return missionaries in our area. I'm surprised that the Finnish Temple doesn't have temple clothing. . .maybe they do for the missionaries?

Anyway, call and check before purchasing his temple clothes.

applepansy

Not all my post is here. . . it was when I posted. What could have happened?

Edited by applepansy
missing sentences

Thanks. It never accured to me, that it is better to buy after the mission, you are abslutely right! Thanks a lot!

Well my husband will need new ones his are getting yellow..or does someone knowhow to get the yellow off??

I am afraid we have to take him to the Swedish Temple, since we belong there. There they have rental clothes. It wont happen before June or July maybe early August... I dont know when the missioncalls are delivered for those who will go to mission in August? He wants the mission to fit in his studies and he wants to start right after mission, that means late August or September.

So he has not sent the papres in yet either. Maybe they find a reason he cant go :eek:, like flat feet. He dont need to go to army anyway.

I`ll talk to our bishop he has had a couple of sons going and I think the one that is my sons friend wil go together with him. :) They have only some 6 months age differance any way.

Thanks. It never accured to me, that it is better to buy after the mission, you are abslutely right! Thanks a lot!

Well my husband will need new ones his are getting yellow..or does someone knowhow to get the yellow off??

I am afraid we have to take him to the Swedish Temple, since we belong there. There they have rental clothes. It wont happen before June or July maybe early August... I dont know when the missioncalls are delivered for those who will go to mission in August? He wants the mission to fit in his studies and he wants to start right after mission, that means late August or September.

So he has not sent the papres in yet either. Maybe they find a reason he cant go :eek:, like flat feet. He dont need to go to army anyway.

I`ll talk to our bishop he has had a couple of sons going and I think the one that is my sons friend wil go together with him. :) They have only some 6 months age differance any way.

I use a product we have here in the USA called Oxiclean. If you don't have access to Oxiclean then soaking in hydrogen peroxide will help remove the yellowing if it can be removed. Sometimes after a fabric has yellowed is too late.

applepansy.