They Thought They Were Free

lumberjacksdaughter

Have you read this excerpt from the book, They Thought They Were Free: The Germans 1933-1945 by Milton Sanford Mayer? Do you think there is any correlation between Germany then and America now? Just wondering...

What no one seemed to notice ... was the ever widening gap ... between the government and the people ... And it became always wider ... the whole process of its coming into being, was above all diverting, it provided an excuse not to think for people who did not want to think anyway ... Nazism gave us some dreadful, fundamental things to think about ... and kept us so busy with continuous changes and 'crises' and so fascinated ... by the machinations of the 'national enemies', without and within, that we had no time to think about these dreadful things that were growing, little by little, all around us ... Each step was so small, so inconsequential, so well explained or, on occasion, 'regretted', that unless one understood what the whole thing was in principle, what all these 'little measures' ...must some day lead to, one no more saw it developing from day to day than a farmer in his field sees the corn growing ... Each act ... is worse than the last, but only a little worse. You wait for the next and the next. You wait for one great shocking occasion, thinking that others, when such a shock comes, will join you in resisting somehow. You don't want to act, or even talk, alone... you don't want to go out of your way to make trouble ... And it is not just fear ... that restrains you, it is also genuine uncertainty ... And you are an alarmist. You are saying that this must lead to this, and you can't prove it ... But the one great shocking occasion, when tens or hundreds or thousands will join with you, never comes. That's the difficulty. The forms are all there, all untouched, all reassuring, the houses, the shops, the jobs, the mealtimes, the visits, the concerts, the cinema, the holidays. But the spirit, which you never noticed because you made the lifelong mistake of identifying it with the forms, is changed. Now you live in a world of hate and fear, and the people who hate and fear do not even know it themselves, when everyone is transformed, no one is transformed... You have accepted things you would not have accepted five years ago, a year ago, things your father ... could never have imagined."

Source: Patriot Dialogue

The temple attending, daily praying, scripture reading, tithing, fasting, hard working Jews thought the sudden destruction of Jerusalem unthinkable and impossible. Ignorance was no excuse when the Babylonian armies came stomping in. Many innocents fell victim to the sudden destruction and were enslaved. Thousands died and horrors to be lamented for centuries were inflicted.

What was it that these people were so guilty of? What sins did they engage in which should justify God's vengeance? Led by the false promises of something for nothing, they supported Zedekiah and his cronies just as the Germans supported the Nazi party. (Jeremiah 38)

Led by the lies and promises of prosperity, they left critical thinking and allowed "national honor" to take priority. The scriptures are filled with the voices from the dust who warn of this obscuring of right and wrong by redefining pride.

Then said Jeremiah unto Zedekiah, Thus saith the Lord, the God of hosts, the God of Israel; If thou wilt assuredly go forth unto the king of Babylon’s princes, then thy soul shall live, and this city shall not be burned with fire; and thou shalt live, and thine house: But if thou wilt not go forth to the king of Babylon’s princes, then shall this city be given into the hand of the Chaldeans, and they shall burn it with fire, and thou shalt not escape out of their hand. And Zedekiah the king said unto Jeremiah, I am afraid of the Jews that are fallen to the Chaldeans, lest they deliver me into their hand, and they mock me. (Jer 38:17-19)

Zedekiah's pride was so great, that he risked all destruction just to save face. And the people were just as prideful as they would have indeed mocked him as he feared. Hitler, just as fearful of public shame, was all the while proclaiming victory and the world fame and leadership of Germany to his people as his armies were crushed. (

)

A striking modern example of this can be seen

. Make whatever forecast you'd like, but the statement of reality is obvious. The argument presented for the action promoted is nothing but pride itself, but pride doesn't sound as good as "honor".

What did Mormon say brought the destruction of Nephite nations? "Behold, the pride of this nation, or the people of the Nephites, hath proven their destruction except they should repent." (Moroni 8:27)

It is no coincidence that the tremendous national pride of Germany in the late 1930's was followed by the terrible humbling of that nation of the 1940's. And to answer your question, WE ARE the modern day Nazi Germany.

-a-train

Edited by a-train

My father just emailed me a presentation that explains it all. We have been led down the primrose path for decades.

applepansy

Though the attacks on our freedoms predate 1958, the John Birch Society has been sounding the alarm for over 50 years.

It is only during these current times that I'm beginning to see people wake up to the reality of our "awful situation".

So sad. It may indeed be to late.

My father just emailed me a presentation that explains it all. We have been led down the primrose path for decades.

applepansy

This is correct. It did not begin with G.W. Bush. Billionaire elites have been calling the shots in Washington for almost a century.

For those in need of an explanation, read the book of which President Benson said: "I wish that every citizen of every country in the free world and every slave behind the Iron Curtain might read this book.":

None Dare Call It Conspiracy

A sequel called Call It Conspiracy was written in 1985 that added information about what went on during the Ford/Rockefeller, Carter, and into the Reagan years.

Speaking of Ether Chapter 8, President Benson said:

Now undoubtedly Moroni could have pointed out many factors that lead to the destruction of the people, but notice how he singled out the secret combinations, just as the Church today, could point out many threats to peace prosperity and the spread of God's work, but it has singled out the greatest threat as the Great Conspiracy. There is no conspiracy theory in the Book of Mormon, it is a conspiracy fact. And along this line, I would highly recommend to you a book entitled None Dare Call It Conspiracy by Gary Allen.

Watch the video

Read the full April 1972 General Conference talk here: LDS.org - Ensign Article - Civic Standards for the Faithful Saints

-a-train

This is correct. It did not begin with G.W. Bush. Billionaire elites have been calling the shots in Washington for almost a century.

For those in need of an explanation, read the book of which President Benson said: "I wish that every citizen of every country in the free world and every slave behind the Iron Curtain might read this book.":

None Dare Call It Conspiracy

A sequel called Call It Conspiracy was written in 1985 that added information about what went on during the Ford/Rockefeller, Carter, and into the Reagan years.

Speaking of Ether Chapter 8, President Benson said:

Watch the video

Read the full April 1972 General Conference talk here: LDS.org - Ensign Article - Civic Standards for the Faithful Saints

-a-train

It amazes me how Elder - then - President Benson could be so wrong about his world paradigm. How could he be an Apostle of the Lord, then the Prophet, with such insane notions as there being an international conspiracy to enslave mankind?

How could he spend his entire life spreading the Gospel of Jesus Christ with the essential included theme of individual liberty? How could he defend the Constitution? How could he do such things and still be called an Apostle and them Prophet?

I look forward to his turn as the subject of "Teaching of the Prophets" Elder's Quorom / Relief Society manual so that his overwhelming love and devotion to America and her Constitution can be expunged from his life story / teachings.

The above statements are sarcasm...

Friends, how can we ignore the statements of so many Apostles and Prophets regarding individual liberty and our Constitution? How can we vote for people or align ourselves with groups / parties that do not support the Constitution of the United States as mandated in the Doctrine and Covenants? How can we ignore these things?

How can we presume to think that we will rise up and save the Constitution from destruction when we, as a people in general, haven't a clue as to what it says?

I'm stumped. Somebody help!

You can never tell when you might be walking down a forest path and feel a chunk of the sky falling on your head. You scurry off to find you friends one-by-one and together promptly run to tell Deputy Phyfe.

He doesn't believe you because he is under the influence of that book, None Dare Call it Reason, by Cayenne Taft Rand.

:)

I think it is applicable to today. The Bush administration has staged a large number of "small" assaults on the Constitution under the guise of it all being for our own good.

See, it's things like this... Blaming everything on George Bush and the "Bush Administration" that kept me from learning the truth for so long.

Fortunately, a friend gave me a DVD.. "America: Freedom to Facism" by Aaron Russo, which gives a balanced approach to the subject and isn't done with the buffonery and Republican blaming of the fat pig Michael Moore and his ilk. There is enough blame to go around amoung all the politicians, this administration was just another step in the process. No worse or better then most other administrations.

The Lord guides us through throubles. Now, My brothers and sisters, as you read of troubles in so many parts of the world, remember that the Lord knew these problems would come, and that even with these problems he has forseen the growth of this Church and its people. Be of good cheer, for the Lord is guiding his church.

--Spencer W. Kimball, The Teachings of Spender W. Kimball, Bookcraft 1982, page 438

Last night I was fearful. . . but fear is Satan's tool. Reading this from President Kimball calmed my fears. Heavenly Father is in charge. We are being tested. We will find safety in staying close to His church and the Prophet.

applepansy

The documentary America: Freedom to Fascism can be watched online. Just click the America: Freedom to Fascism banner at Patriot Dialogue

I summarized the documentary into a seven minute talk which I gave on open-mike night at a little cafe in our town. If you would like to read it click on "Bad News" at Patriot Dialogue