Mental or Physical illness in the Millenium?

bytor2112

i think a huge part of answering the question is defining an illness or disability. i think the ones that are true illnesses or disabilities will not exist. however there are some things that this world calls a disability that i'm not so sure the lord has the same classification. things like "learning disabilities". here we see it as a set back. but for every negative there is a positive. there are things in this world we would not have if it were not for ppl with learning disabilities. i don't think it's so much a disability but a difference. we all think different, we all have a different way of being and putting things together. many of our great inventors had learning disabilities. i think that maybe the lord celebates our uniqueness not condems it. those things may very well stay.

i also think some of it will be up to us. if i like how i process the world even if the world calls it a disability i may want to keep that, it's a part of me that i see as a good thing. why shouldn't i be allowed to do so? will someone who enjoys playing the piano be told they can't? in some ways i see my learning disabilities as very intertwined with my talents, if you take that away i may be left with nothing. i may want to stay "me".

Hidden

Good questions that most would not think about.

The answer would be ZERO or NO....there will be no need for doctors, dentists, hospitals, police departments, military for the Saints, and so on.

Hemi, that's my thinking as well. Do you know any scriptures that support this?

Thanks- Bytor

I do believe as others leaders of the past, in a process called "regeneration." It may take a small period of time, [another subject entirely of itself since there will be no need for the current Sun] when the earth is moved to location where terrestial bodies are located in order to make neccessary correction to the environment, health, and living conditions as a whole from the telestial state to a higher state called terrestrial.

In Isaiah 65:17 The following commentaries on this verse have been offered by Joseph Fielding Smith of conditions that may prevail:

That is, the earth as it is now, this mundane earth covered all over its face with wickedness will not be remembered when this change comes. We will be glad to get rid of this condition, and we will not bring it up to mind. Remember, in speaking of the heavens he is not referring to the sidereal heavens. He is speaking of that which pertains to our own earth, the heavens in which the birds fly. . . .

You can see that [isa. 65:17-20] does not have any reference at all to the earth when it is celestialized. The new heaven and earth have nothing to do at all with this earth as it will be after it dies and is raised in the resurrection to be a celestial body because then there will not be any death at all. It is going to be restored as nearly as possible to what it was in the beginning. This is coming to pass when Christ comes, and that's part of this restoration. (ST, pp. 36-37.)

This new heaven and new earth are our own earth and its heavens renewed to the primitive beauty and condition. This is not the great last change which shall come at the end of the earth, but the change to take place at the coming of Jesus Christ. Moreover, when this change comes all things will be set in order. Enmity between man and man and beast and beast will cease. For other materials relating to the changes that will take place in the earth during the latter days, see Part I 97, 154, 161.

Again, in Isaiah 65:20, Joseph Smith Translation begins with "In those days," indicating that these events will take place during the Millennium after the "new heavens and a new earth" are created. Shifting to chapter 66:22 The "new earth" referred to here by Isaiah is the terrestrial earth of the Millennium, according to Joseph Fielding Smith:

When the Lord comes to rule on the earth in his own right, and all kingdoms become subject unto him, and the earth is renewed and again receives its paradisiacal glory, death shall be removed as far as it possibly can be removed before the resurrection, and while mortality remains. During the Millennium the earth will be transformed into a "new earth" with a new heaven, as Isaiah has declared. It will no longer be a telestial earth, but will become a terrestrial earth. Infants will not die until they become old and then death shall be the transition to the immortal from the mortal state in the twinkling of an eye. This day is near at hand, "speaking after the manner of the Lord," and then shall come the time of the entire separation of the wicked from the righteous. (CHMR 1:232-33.)

In a revelation to the Prophet Joseph Smith, D&C 45, the Lord said, referring to the conditions during the millennium:

"And the earth shall be given unto them for an inheritance; and they shall multiply and wax strong, and their children shall grow up without sin unto salvation.

"For the Lord shall be in their midst, and his glory shall be upon them, and he will be their king and their lawgiver." (D&C 45:58-59.)

The term as I refer too as "regeneration" when translated in Greek is "palingenesia", which signify "a new birth" or "one who is born again", occurs at least twice in the New Testament; while other expressions of equivalent meaning are found. However, the terms are usually applied to the renewal of the soul of man through spiritual birth, by which salvation is made obtainable; though our Lord's use of the term, in the promise of future glory which He confirmed upon the apostles, has probable reference to the rejuvenation of the earth, its inhabitants and their institutions, in connection with the millennial era:

"I say unto you, That ye which have followed me, in the regeneration when the Son of Man shall sit in the throne of his glory, ye also shall sit upon twelve thrones, judging the twelve tribes of Israel."

A time of restitution is foretold. Consider the words of Peter, spoken to the people who had come together in Solomon's porch, marveling over the miraculous healing of the lame beggar at the gate Beautiful:

"Repent ye therefore, and be converted, that your sins may be blotted out, when the times of refreshing shall come from the presence of the Lord; And he shall send Jesus Christ, which before was preached unto you: Whom the heaven must receive until the times of restitution of all things, which God hath spoken by the mouth of all his holy prophets since the world began."

A change to a state approaching perfection is to affect both nature and man is quite evident from Paul's teachings, as recorded in his letter to the Romans:

"Because the creature itself also shall be delivered from the bondage of corruption into the glorious liberty of the children of God. For we know that the whole creation groaneth and travaileth in pain together until now. And not only they, but ourselves also, which have the firstfruits of the Spirit, even we ourselves groan within ourselves, waiting for the adoption, to wit, the redemption of our body."

Again, in the beginning of the millennium, the process of regeneration will begin and may continue as corrections are made or moving towards perfectional state. Both environment and society shall be purified, nations shall exist in peace; wars shall cease; the ferocity of beasts shall be subdued; the earth, relieved in great measure from the curse of the fall, shall yield bounteously to the husbandman; and the planet shall be redeemed from that telestial era.

The final stages of this regeneration of nature will not be reached until the Millennium has run its blessed course. Describing the events to take place after the completion of the thousand years, John the Revelator wrote:

"And I saw a new heaven and a new earth: for the first heaven and the first earth were passed away; and there was no more sea. * * * And I heard a great voice out of heaven saying, Behold, the tabernacle of God is with men, and he will dwell with them, and they shall be his people, and God himself shall be with them, and be their God. And God shall wipe away all tears from their eyes; and there shall be no more death, neither sorrow, nor crying, neither shall there be any more pain: for the former things are passed away."

A similar prediction was made by Ether the Jaredite:

"And there shall be a new heaven and a new earth; and they shall be like unto the old save the old have passed away, and all things have become new." This event is to follow the scenes of the Millennium, as the context makes plain.

During this phase of the earth's millennium state, this body will be tenanted by both mortal and immortal beings but after the regeneration is complete death will no longer be known among its inhabitants. The following partial description of the earth in its regenerated state has been given by the Prophet Joseph Smith in this dispensation:

"This earth, in its sanctified and immortal state, will be made like unto crystal and will be a Urim and Thummim to the inhabitants who dwell thereon, whereby all things pertaining to an inferior kingdom, or all kingdoms of a lower order, will be manifest to those who dwell on it; and this earth will be Christ's."

If we have both the mortal and immortal dwelling together, one must conclude that science and technology will used to make the corrections in the beginning as well in effectively using the power of the priesthood, will ensure that those who was afflicted during the telestial era will be corrected.

"In mine own due time," saith the Lord, will I come upon the earth in judgment, and my people shall be redeemed and shall reign with me on earth. For the great Millennium, which I have spoken by the mouth of my servants, shall come." (D. C. 43:29-30.)

"I will reveal myself from heaven with power and great glory, with all the hosts thereof, and dwell in righteousness with men on earth a thousand years, and the wicked shall not stand." (D. & C. 29:11.)

"Yea, and blessed are the dead that die in the Lord, from henceforth, when he Lord shall come, and old things shall pass away, and all things become new, they shall rise from the dead and shall not die after and shall receive an inheritance before the Lord, in the holy city." (D. & C. 63:49.)

Last, in Elder McConkie's writings, who at length researched this material thoroughly had this to say:

MORTALITY CONTINUES DURING MILLENNIUM. — Great and marvelous though the changes will be incident to life during the millennial era, yet mortality as such will continue. Children will be born, grow up, marry, advance to old age, and pass through the equivalent of death. Crops will be planted, harvested, and eaten; industries will be expanded, cities built, and education fostered; men will continue to care for their own needs, handle their own affairs, and enjoy the full endowment of free agency. Speaking a pure language (Zeph. 3:9), dwelling in peace, living without disease, and progressing as the Holy Spirit will guide, the advancement and perfection of society during the millennium will exceed anything men have supposed or expected.

"And he that liveth when the Lord shall come, and hath kept the faith, blessed is he; nevertheless, it is appointed to him to die at the age of man. Wherefore, children shall grow up until they become old; old men shall die; but they shall not sleep in the dust, but they shall be changed in the twinkling of an eye." (D. & C. 63:50-51.)

"For they that are wise and have received the truth, and have taken the Holy Spirit for their guide, and have not been deceived — verily I say unto you, they shall not be hewn down and cast into the fire, but shall abide the day. And the earth shall be given unto them for an inheritance; and they shall multiply and wax strong, and their children shall grow up without sin unto salvation." (D. & C. 45:57-58.)

"Be ye glad and rejoice for ever in that which I create: for, behold, I create Jerusalem a rejoicing, and her people a joy. And I will rejoice in Jerusalem, and joy in my people: and the voice of weeping shall be no more heard in her, nor the voice of crying. . . .

"And they shall build houses, and inhabit them; and they shall plant vineyards and eat the fruit of them. They shall not build, and another inhabit; they shall not plant, and another eat: for as the days of a tree are the days of my people, and mine elect shall long enjoy the work of their hands. They shall not labour in vain, nor bring forth for trouble; for they are the seed of the blessed of the Lord, and their offspring with them." (Isa. 65:18-23.)

"But they shall sit every man under his vine and under his fig tree; and none shall make them afraid: for the mouth of the Lord of hosts hath spoken it." (Micah 4:4.)

DEATH, SORROW, DISEASE CEASE DURING MILLENNIUM. — Physical bodies of those living on earth during the millennium will not be subject to the same ills that attend us in our present sphere of existence. Men in that day will still be mortal; children will be born to them; spirits coming into the physical or natural bodies born in that day will then go through their mortal probation as we are now going through ours. Those born during the millennium will not be immortal, that is, their bodies and spirits will not be inseparably connected as is the case with resurrected beings. But their bodies will be changed from conditions as they now exist so that disease cannot attack them, and death as we know it cannot intervene to cause a separation of body and spirit.

"There shall be no more thence," the Lord said to Isaiah, "an infant of days, nor an old man that hath not filled his days: for the child shall die an hundred years old; but the sinner being an hundred years old shall be accursed." (Isa. 65:20.)

In our day the Lord has revealed: "And there shall be no sorrow because there is no death. In that day an infant shall not die until he is old; and his life shall be as the age of a tree; And when he dies he shall not sleep, that is to say in the earth, but shall be changed in the twinkling of an eye, and shall be caught up, and his rest shall be glorious." (D. & C. 101:29-31.)

Speaking of the Millennium the Lord tells Zechariah (14)...

"16 And it shall come to pass, that every one that is left of all the nations which came against Jerusalem shall even go up from year to year to worship the King, the LORD of hosts, and to keep the feast of tabernacles.

17 And it shall be, that whoso will not come up of all the families of the earth unto Jerusalem to worship the King, the LORD of hosts, even upon them shall be no rain.

18 And if the family of Egypt go not up, and come not, that have no rain; there shall be the plague, wherewith the LORD will smite the heathen that come not up to keep the feast of tabernacles.

19 This shall be the punishment of Egypt, and the punishment of all nations that come not up to keep the feast of tabernacles."

So, yes, at least initially there were still be suffering in some form or another, until we come into complete obedience to the government Jesus will set up on the earth.

Good question....

I think....the answer lies in how the kingdom of GOD shall be installed on the earth. Force is out of the question. For God shall not not force those that survive into His kingdom.

The clue is given by Jesus....

Luke 17:21 - Neither shall they say, Lo here! or, lo there! for, behold, the kingdom of God is within you.

The purpose of the Tribulations and wraths of the End times

It is to remove all those who are preventing the Servants of GOD from establishing His kingdom on the earth.

Yes, the Kingdom of GOD is within us. Jesus said when the lame walk, the blind see and devils are cast out the kingdom of GOD has come to you.

As men and women who are taught of GOD and learns to contact the Kingdom and the powers that are abiding within themselves....We shall bring the kingdom of GOD on the earth. Only this time...No one who does this shall be persecuted or restrained in any way from doing it. The kingdom of GOD shall spread on the earth as individuals are added to it.

Moses 6:61 - Therefore it is given to abide in you; [1]the record of heaven; [2]the Comforter; [3]the peaceable things of immortal glory; [4]the truth of all things; that [5]which quickeneth all things, [6]which maketh alive all things; that [7]which knoweth all things, and[8] hath all power according to [9]wisdom, [10mercy,[11] truth, [12]justice, and[13] judgment.

These people who shall teach men the gospel of repentance and the gospel of perfection which shall be able to dry all the tears of men with this gospel of GOD are called Living Fountains. For these shall dispense waters of life to all who shall be thirsty and those who shall hunger.

Revelation 7:17 - For the Lamb which is in the midst of the throne shall feed them, and shall lead them unto living fountains of waters: and God shall wipe away all tears from their eyes.

By teaching men to overcome all things....all their tears shall be wipe away by the power of GOD.

And so diseases and afflictions and even death shall have to back down from those who have the power of GOD. The only people who shall have to be buried are they who shall be unjust and these must await their resurrection. The Just whose time is over in the Millennium shall die and resurrect even if they do not taste it or feel it. Because as Paul said it will be done in the twinkling of an eye.

As people become adopted into the kingdom of GOD the glory of GOD shall be extended on the earth. This process shall continue until the whole world is bathed in the glory of GOD. Then shall come the last war.

Peace be unto you

bert10

During the millenium, will sickness, physical or mental exist? Handicaps, like blindness, deafness or lameness? Cancer, diabetes or MS?

Edited by bert10