My theory of the star

Traveler

My theory of the star is that a super nova about 600 light years from earth took place in the heavens. This could cause all of the following:

1. A “New” star to appear

2. Bright enough to rival the sun and be seen even in the day time for a period of 3 days.

3. Would only appear for a short time and then burn out seeming to disappear.

4. Create radiation that could cause the ozone to fluoresces so that there would be no night and no shadows.

The Traveler

My theory of the star is that a super nova about 600 light years from earth took place in the heavens. This could cause all of the following:

2. Bright enough to rival the sun and be seen even in the day time for a period of 3 days.

4. Create radiation that could cause the ozone to fluoresces so that there would be no night and no shadows.

The Traveler

Light up the ozone, an no shadows, that's leading me to think about something else, I love your theory:)

Edited by teddyk

The Traveler

Cool. As good as any.

Definitely plausible and if this is the case it brings up some questions. Assuming it was a super nova, did God create the super nova for this purpose? Did God create suns, moons and stars for the purpose of teaching us about the three kingdoms of glory? Did God specially create the lamb and its characteristics for the purpose of using it as a likeness to the Savior or are all these coincidental? There are so many elements of creation that are symbolic of the gospel. Makes you really wonder which came first. The creation or it's symbolism.

Are we referencing the star over Bethlehem? If so, what of the wise men? Some theories claim that they arrived on the scene much later than the birth. And, what's more - Herod had no idea what sign they were alluding to. How could he have missed it?

I was in Israel a couple weeks ago and a brother told me a theory about the interpretation for "star" possibly being rendered as "angel" or "messenger" and submitted to me the idea that the "star" that led the wise men was potentially a guiding angel...

The Traveler

Have anyone ever witness a SUPER NOVA?

Guest DeborahC

Personally, I think that "star" represents the perfection we all seek through Christ. There are reasons, and anyone interested in Hermetics/Kabalah/Alchemy can email me privately. It's a fascinating discussion. It also could have been a conjunction of planets, making a bright nova. However, most of the conjunctions recorded were AFTER 4 BC, when Herod died. By the way, if Herod died in 4BC, that would mean Christ's birth was BEFORE 4 BC, right? Food for thought.

The tradition that there were but three wise men arose from the fact that there were three gifts (Matthew 2:11), but is without support in the Bible. An interesting legend gives their names as Gaspar, Balthasar, and Melchior. The idea that they were kings could have been deduced from Isaiah 60:3 (cf. Revelation 21:24) or from Psalms. Scripture never says there were three wise men, only that there were three gifts. Matthew may have seen this as a fulfillment of Psalms 72:10-11: May the kings of Tarshish and of the isles render him tribute, may the kings of Sheba and Seba bring gifts! May all kings fall down before him, all nations serve him!

Gaspar/Caspar: A form of JASPER, which means Treasurer or Guardian of the Treasure

Balthasar: The name Balthasar comes from Akkadian "bel-sarra-uzur" meaning "may the god Bel protect the king", or from "belteshazar" meaning "protect the life of the king".From ancient Phoenician, Baltasar is said to mean, “Ba’al protect the king.” From the Babylonian name Belshazzar, it has the same meaning as the Phoenician “Ba’al protect the king.” Baltasar, is from the Hebrew Belteshatztzar, and ultimately from the Babylonian Balat-shar-usur “save the life of the king.” Baltasar is the Greek and Latin name from the Hebrew name Belshazzar, from Bel-sarra-usur “May Bel protect the king.” (Bel was the chief god of Babylon.)

Melchior: This name can mean King (Melek) of Gold (ore) or King of the City. It also can mean "God is my light" or "The King is my Light"

In some traditions, the star they are following marks the place of Christ's birth, and that place is Tiphareth (located at the center of the Tree, also in the solar plexus and small intestines) and is also called The House of Bread, or Bethlehem.

The wise men arrived and came "into the house" not "into the stable," according to Matthew. And according to Luke, the visitors were shepherds, not wise men or kings. In Luke, the Greek word kataluma could be translated as either “inn” or “guestroom” rather than stable.

How many "wise men" can be conflicting. The first pictorial representation of the Magi appeared in the third century Roman catacomb fresco at St. Domitilla and showed four magi. Later in the fourth century the wise men show up in the catacombs of St. Peter and St. Marcellinus, but this time there were only two. Some medieval lists in the eastern church give as many as twelve.

There were some earlier attempts at naming the wise men. One text refers to them as Hormizdah (King of Persia), Yazdegerd (King of Saba) and Perozadh (King of Sheba.) Another states their names as Hor, Basanter and Karsudan. However, the reigning western tradition shows up in a sixth century Greek text entitled Excerpta Latina Barbari, which calls them Gaspar (or Casper), Melchior and Balthasar.

Tradition also depicts at least one of the kings as black. This is an interesting idea and could be related to the blackness of Binah in the Three Supernal Sephiroth.