I'm afraid to admit it...

Wingnut

Jaws was pretty scary, but whenever it is on I still watch it. I just don't ever go swimming by myself...not even in a pool, cause of the invisible shark waiting for me at the deep end!!!!

The only movies that I just don't care for are movies that delve into Satanic or demonic stuff, like Rosemary's baby, The Exorcist, etc. They just bother me too much.

Remember all those crazy mausoleum horror movies from the 80s? The one I remember had a bunch of evil jawa-looking creatures who come through a portal from some horrible dimension. I couldn't sleep well for about 3 months >< I'm sure my daughter thinks I'm terrible but I won't let her watch anything worse than the Twillight Zone.

Sounds like Don't be Afraid of the Dark from the early 70's. A made for TV movie that scared the crap out of me. It starred the dad from My Three Sons (can't remember his name). I watched it a few months ago and now it seems pretty lame. Gotta agree with Hemi, The Exorcist is the scariest movie ever made. At 40 I still can't watch it and be able to fall asleep at night.

The Movie that Traumatized was Hitchcocks BIRDS...... I cannot handle flying birds around me... not sure if they are gonna dive bomb and get me!

One day on Grandpas Farm he was butchering chickens.. My sister got a hold of a chicken foot and chased me around the yard pulling that darn tendon.. (get the picture) LOL.... I ran into Grandma's house and that was my sanctuary...She wouldn't let my sister in the house...... oh how I loved Grandma!

"The Exorcist" scared the living (insert emphatic word of your choice here) out of me, and I was 19 at the time. I ended up looking for a lost quarter on the floor of the theater rather than watch the movie. My girlfriend at the time thought it was cheesy and laughed quite a lot. I ended up spending the night asleep on a couch in the dorm main area, which was lighted 24 hours a day.

I just don't really care for scary movies, especially zombies! I have enough of those "running but never escaping" nightmares to compensate for anything I might otherwise be missing.

:)

Edited by Bookmeister
typos