The second coming???

Simply question really. When does the church believe it will happen? I understand that Jesus said, that none shall know the time, but im sure the Prophet must know.

Im sure also that this question has been asked a million times already, But its something ive always wondered. Also, i wonder how those churches that preached that he would come on the millenium feel now? I know its nasty, but i keep getting the image of them all sitting there waiting for it to happen, then nothing. They all turn to the preacher expecting an answer. Poor guy. lol.

The prophets of God have always pointed to the signs of the times to signify the days of the second coming. I believe the Lord when he says 'no man knows the day', but I believe past prophets (and maybe current prophets) have had a relative time frame revealed to them (i.e., within 10-15 years). I doubt any prophet, no matter how great, has ever been able to sit down and tell you an exact date. Don't quote me on this, as I don't remember the source, but I've heard it said that Jesus Himself won't know the exact time until it's time for Him to actually come in His power and glory, and that such is known only to the Father.

As for the churches that believed he would come at the turn of the millenium... The members of those churches suffered the bitter disillusionment that comes from finding your religious faith was misplaced. I feel for them, and hope they've recovered fully- such an experience is traumatic.

Since the scriptures say "No man knows the time of my coming". I would say that even the Prophet does not know the time. Knows what must happen before the Second Coming.

For some of us it could be tonight or tomorrow. If you have been taught what needs to be taught. Had ordinance performed and were to die tomorrow there is no teaching that will advance your cause after this life until the time of the resurrection.

I try to live my life as if it could be tonight so that just in case it is I am prepared.

Ben Raines

i agree "if you're prepared, you shall not fear"....that's a quote from somewhere, i don't know where though.

it's something i've never really thought much about. and in all honesty, it's more of an exciting thing than a worrysome thing for me. we know it's going to happen, and we'll witness it wether we're on earth or have passed on. live your life the best you know how and when the time comes, you'll be there celebrating the return of Christ to this earth.

I understand that Jesus said, that none shall know the time, but im sure the Prophet must know.

Since Jesus said that none shall know the time, I'm sure the prophet doesn't know.

It says that not even the angels of heaven know. You know, the angels that heralded His birth and His resurrection? If they don't know, what makes you think the prophet would know? And even if he did know, why would he tell us? Obviously we're not supposed to know.

My wife's Patriarchal blessing says she will be alive.....:) She's 39!! Very cool. :cool:

Are you sure? I'm curious, because many blessings end with "being sealed to come forth in the morning of the first resurrection" or "in the event you are called to remain upon the earth" etc. but not necessarily you will be alive. Just curious. Best wishes.

Are you sure? I'm curious, because many blessings end with "being sealed to come forth in the morning of the first resurrection" or "in the event you are called to remain upon the earth" etc. but not necessarily you will be alive. Just curious. Best wishes.

My wife's says, " she will live well into the millenium" and my neighbor's 17 year old son's says he will live to see the return of the Savior.

Simply question really. When does the church believe it will happen? I understand that Jesus said, that none shall know the time, but im sure the Prophet must know.

I'm sure also that this question has been asked a million times already, But its something ive always wondered. Also, i wonder how those churches that preached that he would come on the millennium feel now? I know its nasty, but i keep getting the image of them all sitting there waiting for it to happen, then nothing. They all turn to the preacher expecting an answer. Poor guy. lol.

When do you want it to happen? ^_^

Some will be called to a special resurrection in order to serve as part of the Lord's Army.

Well if someone in Heaven could maybe give me a call on the phone about a year before it happens, that would be great. That way when it happens, i will be all upright and worthy. Thats if they dont mind. ;)

:roflmbo: Too bad it doesn't work that way huh?

:roflmbo: Too bad it doesn't work that way huh?

If only it did. Im so going to have to clean up my act. :(:P

On a serious note. At the moment ive got a job where im working non-stop from Friday night till Monday morning. What that means is that i cant get to church right now. As an excommunicated member, its part of my repentance to go every week. My wife and i have quite a bit of debt at the moment, which is why im doing this job.

Here's the good news. We will be debt free by the end of march. We also have been saving at the same time, so as well as being debt free, we will also have a healthy bank balance. We have made a promise, never to get into debt ever again.

What this means is, i can quit this job and get one where i can go to church each week. So i really am getting on the right track, even if i make fun.

This is something im so looking forward too. I miss church and cant wait to get on and get all my blessings back. Im also looking forward to spending alot more time with my kids. We are going to have a special family day each week. Which will include family home evening. My wife and i are also going to have a special day each week for just us. It will basicly be date night.We hav'nt been out together properly now for over a year and a half, so thats something we are both looking forward to very much. We are also planning on going swimming everyday together, while the kids are at school.

Sorry, kinda went off topic there. Well not really, as its all about preparing for that special day. I dont believe i or anyone will be truely ready, but at least he will see that we are trying our best.

Edited by Lost_one

My Patriarchal Blessing seems to say I will witness it both while in this life and after I die. Maybe it's just the wording but it sure seems like that. I'll have to read it again.

Anyway, my money is on April 6, 2030. Two thousand years from the begining of Christ's ministry and two hundred years from the founding of the restored Church.

Now I know that no mand knows when it will be but that doesn't mean somebody wont guess the right day.