Valentines gift

Shaunboulton

Guest TheLutheran

Im thinking of sending my girlfriend some red rose flowers for valentines day, do women still like to recieve flowers?:)

Is the :pope: (and Ceeboo) Catholic? I **LOVE** to receive flowers and so do my three daughters (ages 21, 19, 17). Happy Valentine's Day!! :sunny:

i heard somewhere that cut flowers are more "romantic" than potted ones (unless she has specifically told you otherwise)... the logic was that a potted plant was one more thing she had to take care of, that "made demands" of her and her time and energy, and to feel guilty for if she kills it. however, cut flowers do nothing but look pretty and brighten her day, remind her of you and how much you care.

things that don't make demands on her, won't last, and have no gain for you are what are supposedly romantic gifts. that is what allows her to be pampered a little bit, to indulge in the moment, to know that she is important even when there is nothing for you in it.

i know not all women are that way.... i am a very practical woman, don't like to waste money, etc.... but i must agree with the idea of that. with the more kids i have the more i support that definition of romance. lol

i heard somewhere that cut flowers are more "romantic" than potted ones (unless she has specifically told you otherwise)... the logic was that a potted plant was one more thing she had to take care of, that "made demands" of her and her time and energy, and to feel guilty for if she kills it. however, cut flowers do nothing but look pretty and brighten her day, remind her of you and how much you care.

Well, the flip side of that is that flowers, once cut, are dead. They will wilt and get ugly and stinky within a few days. A potted plant, however, is lasting, and will continue to bloom year after year (depending on the kind purchased). The whole thing is supposed to be symbolic of a lasting love, versus a fleeting romance.

But I'm with you. Don't give me a gift I have to work for.

i thought wedding rings were the symbol of lasting love... the whole never ending circle thing.... diamonds are basically indestructible.... etc.....

i prefer to look at it this way......

a potted plant blooms when it decides to you have no say in it. and when it does it's the same flower in the same arrangement every time. though it may be beautiful it will always be the same.

cut flowers on the other hand, you decide when you will be graced with it's presence. they come in different kinds. different arrangements that can be as traditional or as exotic as you like. sure they may be a fulfillment of intense immediate gratification and will die shortly but hey, you can always get more.....

can't a girl have lasting love filled and some fleeting romance time to time. ;)