Who can free a person from unclean spirits?

Roland

Who can free (heal) a person from an unclean spirit?  

20 members have voted

1. 1. Who can free (heal) a person from an unclean spirit?

• Everyone who has the Melchizedek Priesthood by blessing with oil
    • Only a High Priest
    • Only a High Priest who is especially ordained for doing this
    • Only General Authorities and Apostles
    • Everyone who knows the gospel and believes in Christ
    • Others – please comment

I see your point, PastorBob.

I think what some of us find a bit frustrating is to be (by analogy) discussing the finer points of automotive design, when all of a sudden someone bursts onto the scene and hijacks the discussion with demands that we re-invent and recognize the supremacy of the wheel.

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Darkness and light cannot abide together. Inviting one will dispel the other. We also know that man cannot have two masters – if they seek out covenants or pleasures of darkness they will despise the covenants and joys of light.

It is possible that spirits of darkness are dispelled by individuals of light from beyond the veil. But in all cases it is the light of Christ that dispels spirits of darkness. A couple of thoughts I will leave:

First; is that through his covenant disciples is the light of Christ allowed to shine unto the world – but the world does not comprehend the light.

Second; many love darkness rather than light and this is manifested in choices of entertainment, including music.

The Traveler

You dont need the priesthood for consecrating your home. Therefore this part

is missing in the booklet for the priesthood but you find it in the handbook that

the wardsleaders have. You say a prayer and say that your home should be a

place to worship God, find protection, grow spiritually, prepare for an eternal

family etc....according to the inspiration.

How often ? once per 10 Years? Probably once per month would be much better

if you consider the constantly attacks. You can ask daily for the protection of your

guardian angels for your family and your properties.

It is only require once....we rely on the Spirit of those ministering Spirits to ensure it carried out. I can attest to this when I had meeting with person who died on the wrong side of the "fence" standing in the doorway and could not enter. ;)

While I agree you do not need the priesthood, because these are not ordinances, however we are still a people of order, and we should use priesthood channels when possible. If we do not have the priesthood in our home, we are assigned home teachers who can act as proxy when needed.

It is an authoritarian usage,,,

People...the answer is Jesus. Its all about Jesus. It is hard to believe that it was not even an option. Jesus is the way. Jesus is the light of men. If your faith does not start and end with Jesus you not in the right place. It is always all about Jesus. I know I am a little over the top here but this one is obvious. God Bless, Jim

You mean it is about Jesus the CHRIST. Christ is a title of greater significance then most can understand. True Jim. We do it in the name of Christ and through the authoritarian means of Christ to cast off evil spirits or to bless our homes, our businesses and so forth.

Darkness and light cannot abide together. Inviting one will dispel the other. We also know that man cannot have two masters – if they seek out covenants or pleasures of darkness they will despise the covenants and joys of light.

It is possible that spirits of darkness are dispelled by individuals of light from beyond the veil. But in all cases it is the light of Christ that dispels spirits of darkness. A couple of thoughts I will leave:

First; is that through his covenant disciples is the light of Christ allowed to shine unto the world – but the world does not comprehend the light.

Second; many love darkness rather than light and this is manifested in choices of entertainment, including music.

The Traveler

Curious traveler, who is the author of chaos?

... many love darkness rather than light and this is manifested in choices of

entertainment, including music.

The Traveler

The freedom of choice is a fundamental and eternal thing. As mentioned above

many of us - who first chose God´s plan - came to earth and then chose the

products of darkness. In the same way fallen angels that first chose Lucifers

plan may - after thousands of years living in hell and under Lucifers iniquitous

domination - realize that their first decision was wrong and then turn to Christ.

Hmmm...oh...I'm assuming you say a prayer and it gets answered directly..God of course...(anyone asks in My name kind of authority is apparently just fine) if that doesn't happen or you want someone you trust to pray with you, you might get a group together (where two or three gather) or you might seek someone with spiritual authority to pray with you and over you (priesthood for example).

I'm assuming a personal prayer answered is a first port of call...because you're supposed to be on a talking basis. But if it's not sorted or you feel comfort and support in knowing there's a whole lot of prayer powering an outcome, you might choose to seek help from others...even an entire church. In some cases it is customary to seek to pray with others or to ask for a blessing on something...and is a comfort.

For support I would say all of the above ...although you'd probably seek someone that was right with God (for the right sort of help...I expect tailing it to the most righteous person you knew if you had a serious problem would be wisdom..and not just any person of the above list) but there doesn't seem to be a box to tick for that.

It is only require once....we rely on the Spirit of those ministering Spirits to

ensure it carried out. I can attest to this when I had meeting with person who died

on the wrong side of the "fence" standing in the doorway and could not enter. ;)

We see that a blessed home is a refuge where we are safe from the world and

no unclean spirit can enter. There are further actions that help us: Studying the

scriptures, prayer, have love, think good, talk about Christ, receive a blessing....

There are several influences that weaken the protection shield and enable unclean

spirits to enter into a person: drugs and alcohol (read "Return from tomorrow" by

G. Ritchie), hate and anger, hypnosis and anesthesia.

Many actions recommended by our church leaders help to stay unafflicted or to

become it.

Hmmm...oh...I'm assuming you say a prayer and it gets answered directly.....

....and not just any person of the above list) but there doesn't seem to be a

box to tick for that.

My english is not perfect - but I think I can agree in all points.

As the most participants chose "Others – please comment" you are right.

I should have devided it into more boxes - Sorry.

When you have a look at the rituale romanum you see that there is a lot of

aggression against the unclean spirits. I experienced that that is a difficult way.

Considering that all of them are my sisters and brothers and we lived a long time

with our heavenly parents, i´m obliged to share my love - as Jesus would do -

and when I testify of Christs unlimited love they begin to feel the light of christ.

I think people get mixed up on this. When you pray, you ask for protection from certain things, and you can ask a spirit to leave. When a worthy person who has the proper authority(priesthood) commands an evil spirit to leave in the Name of Jesus Christ, the evil spirit must comply. I've seen it happen. There is a big difference between asking a spirit to leave and commanding it to do so by the proper authority.

There are those, especially those who are not of our religion, who claim you don't need the Priesthood, but they are wrong. Anyone can pray and beseech protection, but the Priesthood of God can command it to happen.

Sorry I disagree...

When a worthy person who has the proper authority(priesthood) commands an evil spirit to leave in the Name of Jesus Christ, the evil spirit must comply.

That there may be greater authority resting in some people's prayers...okay... Not so much disagreeing on the worthiness issue...but that worthiness is not existent outside of priesthood?

If you believe you there is no power in following and calling on Christ...... if you believe you are only going to be given over to another master ...what kind of salvation is that?

Sorry I disagree...

That there may be greater authority resting in some people's prayers...okay... Not so much disagreeing on the worthiness issue...but that worthiness is not existent outside of priesthood?

If you believe you there is no power in following and calling on Christ...... if you believe you are only going to be given over to another master ...what kind of salvation is that?

You will note that I did not say there is no power in following and calling on Christ. I said that there is a big difference between a person praying for something and a worthy priesthood holder declaring it. And yes, the priesthood does make a difference.

Inspired by Webster´s poll & thread „A question about Satan's plan”

that can be continued more practically. I´d like to ask:

“Who can free (heal) a person from an unclean spirit?”.

1-Everyone who has the Melchizedek Priesthood and who gives a blessing with oil.

Blessing with oil is intended for illness, it is not the proper format for casting out evil spirits. Any person holding the Melchizedek Priesthood has the right to cast out evil spirits and the method is learned in the temple. While any Melchizedek Priesthood holder has the right to do it, let's remember the experience of the Apostles in the Bible. There was one case where the Apostles tried were unable to cast the evil spirits out of a man. Christ came and successfully cast out the evil spirits. I think from that we can learn:

1.) Not all evil spirits (or combinations of evil spirits) are equal.

2.) Even with the correct authority, it is possible to fail.

5-Everyone who knows the gospel and believes in Christ

6-Others – please comment

Anyone with sufficient faith in Jesus Christ, can perform miracles in the name of Jesus Christ. The Priesthood is like the Gift of the Holy Ghost -- it gives you the right to do it, but it does not mean that others are unable to do the same thing if their faith is sufficently strong. Edited by Faded

How is anyone's faith going to be sufficiently strong if they do not have the right to it?

How is it that women and non-priesthood holders have performed miracles? They do not have the Priesthood afterall.

How is it that non-Members who have not received the Gift of the Holy Ghost can still receive inspiration from the Holy Ghost?

The Priesthood is the authority from God to act on His behalf. Does this prevent others who believe in Jesus Christ from performing miracles in His name? In my experience, it does not stop them from casting out devils and performing miracles.

How is anyone's faith going to be sufficiently strong if they do not have the right to it?

I believe we are all given spiritual gifts, but not alll people are given all gifts.

4 Now there are diversities of gifts, but the same Spirit.

5 And there are differences of administrations, but the same Lord.

6 And there are diversities of operations, but it is the same God which worketh all in all.

7 But the manifestation of the Spirit is given to every man to profit withal.

8 For to one is given by the Spirit the word of wisdom; to another the word of knowledge by the same Spirit;

9 To another faith by the same Spirit; to another the gifts of healing by the same Spirit;

10 To another the working of miracles; to another prophecy; to another discerning of spirits; to another divers kinds of tongues; to another the interpretation of tongues:

11 But all these worketh that one and the selfsame Spirit, dividing to every man severally as he will.

12 For as the body is one, and hath many members, and all the members of that one body, being many, are one body: so also is Christ. 1 Corinthians 12

But I also believe in priesthood authority, which gives us authority, despite not having a specific gift. So a priesthod holder can heal the sick, even if he does not have that pertcicular gift.

While I agree you do not need the priesthood, because these are not ordinances, however we are still a people of order, and we should use priesthood channels when possible. If we do not have the priesthood in our home, we are assigned home teachers who can act as proxy when needed.

I agree with you completely. But if I ever find one in my house I'm running and calling the bishop :P

....Blessing with oil is intended for illness, it is not the proper format for casting

out evil spirits. Any person holding the Melchizedek Priesthood has the

right to cast out evil spirits and the method is learned in the temple....

A friend had a fallen angel inside and after we found out and discovered him

he began laughing at us mentioning that we wouldn´t have the power to command

him, because he is on a higher level in Lucifers army. Finally we decided to give

the friend a blessing and we asked if we should do it with oil or without. The friend

became very nervous and said: "No! No Oil, No Oil" So we knew we should take

the oil and then the friend began moaning until the oil touched the head. At that

moment the friend was quiet and the spirit had gone.

Another friend had more than a dozen of spirits inside and after four blessings

there was still one spirit that didn´t leave. We discussed a while with the friend

to find out who the spirit could be. It was the spirit of the mother who died many

years ago. But as she was the mother she thaught to have the right to stay and

to "play a kind of guardian angel". We gave a final belssing and told her that she

should go to Christ - and she did.

..Blessing with oil is intended for illness, it is not the proper format for casting out evil spirits...

Remember that the oil is consecrated:

3. States that he is acting by the authority of the Melchizedek Priesthood.

4. Consecrates the oil (not the container) and sets it apart for anointing

and blessing the sick and afflicted.

As the oil is consecrated also for the afflicted it is the right for the spirits.