CFO of Freddie Mac

Palerider

i can't say i agree this isn't relevant to life. yes on the surface, money, isn't a reason to kill yourself. but there is always something deeper to the getting and losing of money.

i'm in now way saying this is all or any of this specific man's fault just the situation in general. if they knew they were encouraging bad loans, they knew that eventually this could not be maintained, ppl would default, ppl would have to be foreclosed, knew all this was a possible ramification of their choices as a company and continued to persue the path thinking 'well, it will never really happen, that's a perfect storm theory, let's go for the money'. they were playing with ppl's lives for their profit and knew it. then the perfect storm does come, and they sit every day and watch as ppl's lives fall apart, as their life falls apart. knowing the role they played in the situation. that would create some serious interpersonal struggles, well it would for anyone with a heart. it wouldn't be about the money anymore, but the ppl's lives you toyed with. your own family's life. hopefully you would quickly be realizing the money wasn't worth it. you would also be realizing there is nothing you can do to fix it, what is done is done.

i know of a man that lost everything in some bad investments. he killed himself over it. but i really don't think he killed himself over the money. it was about his family, he had failed in the worst way. he couldn't take care of his children, he had lost everything, their present and future. it was his fault that they would now be homeless, his fault that they had nothing, his fault... his fault... his fault. if someone already has issues with struggling with depression or other such emotions and then they experiance something like this it's enough to push them to far.

do i think anyone should be taking their own life over this? no. do i think the struggles of money are compleatly trivial, or what they may appear to be on the surface? no

do i think anyone should be taking their own life over this? no. do i think the struggles of money are compleatly trivial, or what they may appear to be on the surface? no

I see what you're saying, but, if you put struggles for money within the overall plan of salvation, it becomes trivial, yes?