• Replies 109
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Right... Now I am representing... Nevertheless, I will keep asking questions as long as there are any and as long as there is someone who doesn't mind answering them...

Questions are the best. Have you tried the question game thread yet?

Don't post to just one thread, it makes you look like an internet troll. We already have two on this forum.

Ok I get the point... I am not welcome here... I will leave then...

Oh golly gee. Don't listen to Ogre. I don't think he meant any harm. He is just being...well...an Ogre. :D

It sounds like to me, Koizito, that maybe understanding or gaining an understanding of God and who and what He is might be an interesting pursuit for you. I am not so worried about you not being in a headspace to "worship" God right now. I do think, however, that perhaps opening your heart to the possibilities might be a good step, not to mention a powerful one.

You are asking questions. That is a good place to be. I think that God is very willing to teach us what we need to know about him and he helps us and expands our beings as he does this. The key is that we decide to become teachable.

I am confident that if you embarked on a sincere exploration of God in some degree of humility or at least openness, that your perspectives would broaden and then perhaps your attitudes would change as a result.

Oh golly gee. Don't listen to Ogre. I don't think he meant any harm. He is just being...well...an Ogre. :D

It sounds like to me, Koizito, that maybe understanding or gaining an understanding of God and who and what He is might be an interesting pursuit for you. I am not so worried about you not being in a headspace to "worship" God right now. I do think, however, that perhaps opening your heart to the possibilities might be a good step, not to mention a powerful one.

You are asking questions. That is a good place to be. I think that God is very willing to teach us what we need to know about him and he helps us and expands our beings as he does this. The key is that we decide to become teachable.

I am confident that if you embarked on a sincere exploration of God in some degree of humility or at least openness, that your perspectives would broaden and then perhaps your attitudes would change as a result.

I came back just to say this: if there are more "ogres" in this community, the problem posted in "new converts" suddenly gets a cause...

As for the rest of the post, you are probably right, but I think that this place is the most reasonable one right now... You may think I am too rational, but when I am dealing with things I can't sense, I try to be as reasonable as I can...

Bah, everyone needs an ogre. The antis even recognize the ogre in LDS theology. I do not care about the beliefs of others, just their delivery. Attacks, mocking, and canned responses always deserve attention. Don't take offense at what I say, out reasonable me. Reasonableness is just another social-construction and is just as fun to mess with.

Besides all I said was get involved in some of the other forums like the fun ones like the question game. Goodness.

Edited by the Ogre

I came back just to say this: if there are more "ogres" in this community, the problem posted in "new converts" suddenly gets a cause...

As for the rest of the post, you are probably right, but I think that this place is the most reasonable one right now... You may think I am too rational, but when I am dealing with things I can't sense, I try to be as reasonable as I can...

Koizito, I have not noticed you being a troll. You share your perspective, but are not seeking to denounce ours, nor attack it. I appreciate your being here.

One note, I believe that when we feel the over-abundance and power of God's pure love, most everyone will want to bow the knee, worship him, and enter into a loving relationship with him.

From god? I can't ask anything from something that I think isn't there...

But from you people I want to know a little more about your beliefs... It's just that, plain and simple...

I think the best thing is to to start with the Gospel Principles Sunday School Manual. It's pretty straight forward.

LDS.org - Sunday School Table of Contents - Gospel Principles

Read a few chapters, and maybe that will help you form specific questions.

Rational and reasonable......I like that. I find that those attributes AND faith make a wonderful marriage and peaceful place of balance. ( at least from my vantage point)

I hope you stick around. I find you and your prospectives interesting. I am sure we could continue to explore interesting conversations.

So, I am an atheist, but I am curious about this religion... Therefore, I am trying to know a little more about it...

What I want to know is this: I heard that mormons believe in a diferent origin for mankind than the one that appears in the bible, even though the bible makes part of your scriptures... If this is true, then I want to know how can this be... If it isn't, do you mind telling me which one do you believe in and, if it is diferent from the one in the bible, then how do you explain the origin of mankind?

Thanks for your patience...

Peace...

Well first off the bible does tell of our prexsistance before coming to this earth and it does tell of our making the choice to come hear, and it does tell of satans mission to destroy Gods plan for us to come to earth , attain a mortal body. its all there!:) {k.j.v}

Thanks bytebear!

Rational and reasonable......I like that. I find that those attributes AND faith make a wonderful marriage and peaceful place of balance. ( at least from my vantage point)

I hope you stick around. I find you and your prospectives interesting. I am sure we could continue to explore interesting conversations.

I think not... Faith and reason aren't balanced, they are like light and dark: they can't coexist in a coerent world, or, as for the faith/reason, in a coerent mind...

Faith doesn't need proof, only belief... Reason demands facts and proofs... It's like we only have on sit for them and so you can't have both... You can try, but they will sometimes contradict each other...

I think not... Faith and reason aren't balanced, they are like light and dark: they can't coexist in a coerent world, or, as for the faith/reason, in a coerent mind...

Faith doesn't need proof, only belief... Reason demands facts and proofs... It's like we only have on sit for them and so you can't have both... You can try, but they will sometimes contradict each other...

This is my view as well. It's why I struggle to 'have faith'. :huh: This does not mean that faith is bad.. simply that reason is better.

This is my view as well. It's why I struggle to 'have faith'. :huh: This does not mean that faith is bad.. simply that reason is better.

It depends on the kind of faith you have... If you believe your god wants you to torture people in order to save them, then that kind of faith is bad, no matter what...

But I also have faith... I have faith in science and reason... But for those I don't need to struggle... And if you have to force it, is that still faith?

In the same way that atheism doesn't hurt anyone? I wonder who is being hurt by the possession of faith the most. There are many opposed to faith. The way I believe is merely a mitigating circumstance compared to the fact that I do believe in G-d.

If faith, regardless of mitigating circumstance, doesn't hurt anyone, then why do critics care?