Is this adultery???

bytor2112

• Replies 106
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I believe there is an answer to this in the scriptures, or maybe a lesson manual. God would expect us to follow mans laws, but the leaders who made those laws would be held accountable for the sins committed because of that law.

If this were true than wouldn't that make the Founding Fathers all sinners for not obeying the law?

My view would be that the "Law Of Chastity" would be violated, if the couple was legally divorced and thus not legally married when sexual intercourse took place, even though they are sealed in the Temple.

If this is true, then a violation would ocurr and could affect the validity of a current temple recommend and be subject to further review by their Bishop.

So I'm guessing that the consensus is that if a couple were married in one country. However that marriage is not legally recognized in the current nation of residence they would still be considered married and not be in violation of the LoC. Now I'm not talking temple sealing just civil marriage.

See it's a very complicated issues and things of God are not ever complicated......I still say that God is above all of this. I think the article of faith dealing with being subject can be taken many different ways based on interpreation of it. The only way that one can really interpret it is to compare it against how Joseph Smith himself interpreted it, since he wrote. He certainly didn't conform to man's law in any instance where it went against the Law as God gave to Him.

And neither did Jesus or else He would have never been crucified.

“God provided that in this land of liberty, our political allegiance shall run not to individuals, that is, to government officials, no matter how great or how small they may be. Under His plan our allegiance and the only allegiance we owe as citizens or denizens of the United States, runs to our inspired Constitution which God himself set up. So runs the oath of office of those who participate in government. A certain loyalty we do owe to the office which a man holds, but even here we owe just by reason of our citizenship, no loyalty to the man himself. In other countries it is to the individual that allegiance runs. This principle of allegiance to the Constitution is basic to our freedom. It is one of the great principles that distinguishes this ‘land of liberty’ from other countries.”

President J Reuben Clark Jr

So I'm guessing that the consensus is that if a couple were married in one country. However that marriage is not legally recognized in the current nation of residence they would still be considered married and not be in violation of the LoC. Now I'm not talking temple sealing just civil marriage.

Yes...