Tragedy Leaves Two Girls Dead!

LDSgirl

Transportation is the greatest danger in outings. My heart goes out to the families of the girls but also to the leaders - to who was given the trust to watch over and care for these young ladies.

The Traveler

It is a very sad situation all around, but it also is a reminder to us that there is no certainty in the amount of time that we have on Earth to prepare to meet Our Heavenly Father.......so it is best to live each day as if the Lord will be taking an accounting of our actions up to that point.......for there may not be a tomorrow to set things right.

Two girls died in a car crash on their way to girls camp! I had not heard about this until I read about it in a post on MormonTeenWorld by Amanda.

For those interested in more details, Alyse (another member) gave me this link:

Moapa Valley Progress Newspaper

Amanda posted this additional information on MTW:

Nice Alyse, way to do your homework haha! The funeral was very nice. Heather's brother and Lysha's grandpa gave the eulogies. Its gonna take a while for our valley to bounce back from this, but we've got the comfort of the plan of salvation and the gospel. Its kinda weird, because Heather was in my seminary class, and just about 2 weeks ago she gave a beautiful devotional on life after death and how much she misses her dad (who passed away about 7 years ago). We also talked a lot about death and the Second Coming and everything in seminary, so its really weird to think that she's now experiencing the stuff that we had great discussions about in seminary right now.

I feel sure that these girls have the comfort of Our Heavenly Father right now, so I'm praying that the friends and family that they left behind will be able to receive the comfort and strength to continue on!

Even though it is only rumor.....Hemidakota and BenRaines have brought up a very important issue of safety. Please wear your seatbelt at all times and make sure that your vehicle is not overloaded. It may just save your life or that of a dear friend or family member!

Edited by LDSgirl

• 2 weeks later...