Where Are The Moderators?

Marsha

Where are all the moderators? Again, Tao is deleting posts in the middle of threads and they no longer make sense. Every so often this happens, can you please delete the whole thread then this happens? Put him on mod status or something?

It only takes one person to de-rail a thread........I already see a couple of crashes.

TAO, What you don't understood is that others put in some thought to your replies and to just delete till your happy fingers are tired is very much childish.

You got your one topic pinned as you requested, then you go and delete once again.

Moderators, where are you?

Marsha

Originally posted by Jenda@May 2 2005, 09:31 PM

Well, Marsha, we are here, but when we come in and it is already done, there isn't much we can do to stop it. We have already discussed the situation.

Jenda,

And that I understand, but you know as well as I do that putting him on moderated status will cure all of that. I don't believe that he can come in and delete any more threads...posts.

We have seen this board completly deleted by one ex-moderator and have seen many a thread deleted by Tao.

It just gets old. But thanks for your reply.

Marsha

Guest Taoist_Saint

Originally posted by Marsha@May 2 2005, 06:26 PM

TAO, What you don't understood is that others put in some thought to your replies and to just delete till your happy fingers are tired is very much childish.

You got your one topic pinned as you requested, then you go and delete once again.

Trust me...you don't want to read the nastiness that was in those threads.

Guest Taoist_Saint

Originally posted by Marsha@May 2 2005, 06:36 PM

And that I understand, but you know as well as I do that putting him on moderated status will cure all of that. I don't believe that he can come in and delete any more threads...posts.

No need...I am leaving...

Have a nice summer!

Originally posted by Marsha@May 2 2005, 05:26 PM

Moderators, where are you?

Marsha

I was stuck in the dark recesses of an untidy mind, but I'm back now.

We have seen this board completly deleted by one ex-moderator...

What was that? I remember I got crazy with Bat's posts and the pregant young lady got hormonal and profane with the forums she moderated but who wiped out the entire board?

I guess if we are going to have people act out in such a manner we can make it so nobody can delete a post,

but it would be sad to if everyone had to be punished over something like this...I would hope it could just clear its sefl up. :rolleyes: Hint hint B)

Laureltree

I just want to say that if my posts were the straw that broke the camel's back, i.e., pushed Tao over the edge, I apologize. That was not my intention. Perhaps he felt he was being ganged up on when I somewhat agreed with Amillia on one point she made. If you wish to place me on moderated status for this, please do so. But I don't think I should be held responsible for the immature actions of another poster.

We need to accept people who who they are, idiosyncrasies and all. Everyone of us has something that bugs the heck out of someone else at one time or another.

The world is not a perfect place with everyone cloned from the same DNA structure, we are all different.

Different is good, it helps other people learn (or it should)

Too many people want to exist in their own little comfort zone without trying to see the world from another viewpoint.

My two cents......worth 1/2 penney now

Originally posted by lindy9556@May 2 2005, 10:16 PM

We need to accept people who who they are, idiosyncrasies and all. Everyone of us has something that bugs the heck out of someone else at one time or another.

I so agree. :D

Whom ever is perfect let them cast the first stone.

Originally posted by Strawberry Fields+May 2 2005, 10:46 PM--></span><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (Strawberry Fields @ May 2 2005, 10:46 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin--lindy9556@May 2 2005, 10:16 PM

We need to accept people who who they are, idiosyncrasies and all.  Everyone of us has something that bugs the heck out of someone else at one time or another.

Now there is a good topic! PERFECT

Perfect is:

32 Yea, come unto Christ, and be perfected in him, and yourselves of all ungodliness; and if ye shall deny yourselves of all ungodliness, and love God with all your might, mind and strength, then is his grace sufficient for you, that by his grace ye may be in Christ; and if by the grace of God ye are perfect in Christ, ye can in nowise deny the power of God.

33 And again, if ye by the grace of God are perfect in Christ, and deny not his power, then are yein Christ by the grace of God, through the shedding of the blood of Christ, which is in the covenant of the Father unto the remission of your sins, that ye become holy, without spot.

Originally posted by Strawberry Fields+May 3 2005, 12:46 AM--></span><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (Strawberry Fields @ May 3 2005, 12:46 AM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin--lindy9556@May 2 2005, 10:16 PM

We need to accept people who who they are, idiosyncrasies and all.  Everyone of us has something that bugs the heck out of someone else at one time or another.

haha what movie is that? Cedric the entertainer and Tommy Lee Jones, Cedric says that then Tommy throws a rock at his head hehe. Sorry that quote will always bring that visual into my mind =b

Originally posted by Amillia+May 3 2005, 12:19 AM--></span><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (Amillia @ May 3 2005, 12:19 AM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'>
Originally posted by -Strawberry Fields@May 2 2005, 10:46 PM

<!--QuoteBegin--lindy9556@May 2 2005, 10:16 PM

Perfect is:

32 Yea, come unto Christ, and be perfected in him, and yourselves of all ungodliness; and if ye shall deny yourselves of all ungodliness, and love God with all your might, mind and strength, then is his grace sufficient for you, that by his grace ye may be in Christ; and if by the grace of God ye are perfect in Christ, ye can in nowise deny the power of God.

33 And again, if ye by the grace of God are perfect in Christ, and deny not his power, then are yein Christ by the grace of God, through the shedding of the blood of Christ, which is in the covenant of the Father unto the remission of your sins, that ye become holy, without spot.

Good Grief :rolleyes:

Matthew 7

JUDGE not, that ye be not judged.

For with what judgment ye judge, ye shall be judged: and with what measure ye mete, it shall be measured to you again.

Try John 8:7

So when they continued asking him, he lifted up himself, and said unto them, He that is without sin among you, let him first cast a stone at her.

Originally posted by Strawberry Fields+May 3 2005, 05:35 AM--></span><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (Strawberry Fields @ May 3 2005, 05:35 AM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'>
Originally posted by -Amillia@May 3 2005, 12:19 AM

Originally posted by -Strawberry Fields@May 2 2005, 10:46 PM

<!--QuoteBegin--lindy9556@May 2 2005, 10:16 PM

Perfect is:

Good Grief :rolleyes:

Matthew 7

JUDGE not, that ye be not judged.

For with what judgment ye judge, ye shall be judged: and with what measure ye mete, it shall be measured to you again.

Try John 8:7

So when they continued asking him, he lifted up himself, and said unto them, He that is without sin among you, let him first cast a stone at her.

What about this:

Moro. 7: 16

16 For behold, the Spirit of Christ is given to every man, that he may know• good from evil; wherefore, I show unto you the way to judge; for every thing which inviteth to do good, and to persuade to believe in Christ, is sent forth by the power and gift of Christ; wherefore ye may know with a perfect knowledge it is of God.

Originally posted by Strawberry Fields@May 3 2005, 12:13 PM

So Amillia,

Are your therefore perfect? Who are you qualified to Judge?

According to what has been taught, if I have the Spirit with me, I am qualified to judge anyone or anything, for it's good content. By the power of the Holy Ghost, I can know the truth of all things.

Originally posted by Amillia+May 3 2005, 12:21 PM--></span><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (Amillia @ May 3 2005, 12:21 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin--Strawberry Fields@May 3 2005, 12:13 PM

So Amillia,

Are your therefore perfect? Who are you qualified to Judge?

According to what has been taught, if I have the Spirit with me, I am qualified to judge anyone or anything, for it's good content. By the power of the Holy Ghost, I can know the truth of all things.

If that works for you, fine.

I have not felt qualified to judge another being that I am less then perfect myself. I believe it to be only the perfect who can judge the actions of others. I also believe it to be foolish to judge others because we can't see their hearts...we don't know their story.

Having the spirit with me allows me to have discernment about intention and I use that on a regular basis. Discerning intention is much less severe then judging a person. And I have used this for my own protection and those whom I care for.

Guest Taoist_Saint

Originally posted by john doe@May 2 2005, 09:04 PM

I just want to say that if my posts were the straw that broke the camel's back, i.e., pushed Tao over the edge, I apologize. That was not my intention. Perhaps he felt he was being ganged up on when I somewhat agreed with Amillia on one point she made. If you wish to place me on moderated status for this, please do so. But I don't think I should be held responsible for the immature actions of another poster.

I haven't left yet...

John,

Don't worry, you didn't push me over the edge. This is just the way I am.

Basically, as I said, I regretted (honestly) my "anti" style posts...and I also regretted my sarcastic "pro-LDS posts. I basically looked back on what I had been saying, and though it was immature, to use your words.

Maybe deleting the posts was not a good idea...though I don't think it hurt much, since no one reads THOSE posts except those looking for something to argue about. And that was what I was trying to stop...

I didn't particularly LIKE your comments...calling me a "wuss" because of the decisions I made regarding my in-laws. Maybe that is just your style, but there are better ways of giving people personal advice.

This doesn't mean I can't take criticism...feel free to criticize me religious beliefs or political views...I think that is acceptable.

I just don't think personal attacks are necessary...nor should they be tolerated at this board.

I enjoy coming here for discussions, but the personal attacks are just too much of a nuisance.

I am still taking a vacation from the board...again...but I might come back to make the odd non-controversial comment.

Originally posted by lindy9556@May 2 2005, 09:16 PM

The world is not a perfect place with everyone cloned from the same DNA structure, we are all different.

Different is good, it helps other people learn (or it should)

Too many people want to exist in their own little comfort zone without trying to see the world from another viewpoint.

My two cents......worth 1/2 penney now

B)

Try listening to Grace Like Rain: By Todd Agnew........you might get the real concept of how christ truly acts......

I believe in loving everone no matter what....My pedistul is personally to low to look down on people.......... :D

Originally posted by LaurelTree@May 3 2005, 09:09 PM

Try listening to Grace Like Rain: By Todd Agnew........you might get the real concept of how christ truly acts......

I believe in loving everone no matter what....My pedistul is personally to low to look down on people.......... :D

Good one LT :)

No matter what....words of wisdom....Everyone needs to feel worthy of something...

Casting Crowns - Who Am I

From the album Casting Crowns

Who am I, that the Lord of all the earth

Would care to know my name

Would care to feel my hurt

Who am I, that the Bright and Morning Star

Would choose to light the way

For my ever wandering heart

Not because of who I am

But because of what You've done

Not because of what I've done

But because of who You're